Favorite artists / cds

MDM4AU

My favorite bands:

1) Cowboy Mouth

2) Jupiter Coyote

3) Van Halen

4) Metallica

5) Jimmy Buffett

Other bands that I like: Sister Hazel, Pearl Jam, U2, Beatles, and AC/DC.

Cowboy Mouth is my favorite live band. Always an incredible show

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite bands:

1) Cowboy Mouth

2) Jupiter Coyote

3) Van Halen

4) Metallica

5) Jimmy Buffett

Other bands that I like:  Sister Hazel, Pearl Jam, U2, Beatles, and AC/DC.

I think it's a rite of passage for all people who grow up in Louisiana to see the Mouth when they turn 18. I had a buddy of mine from high school who was their Live Sound Engineer, and every time I'd go see them, he's get be comp tickets, and also backstage passes. The Mouth Rules!

They came to Auburn twice while I was there. Once, opening up for Widespread Panic, and once at the Supper Club. It was sad at the Supper Club that only about 100 people went. People complain about Auburn not having a good music scene, but when good bands would come, no one showed up.

My favorite bands:

1) Cowboy Mouth

2) Jupiter Coyote

3) Van Halen

4) Metallica

5) Jimmy Buffett

Other bands that I like:  Sister Hazel, Pearl Jam, U2, Beatles, and AC/DC.

I saw them back in '96 in New Orleans at this little bar. It was awesome! I saw them again about a year or two later in Birmingham at the Horde Festival at Oak Mountain Amph.

jarhead, the new wilco is pretty good. i wouldn't put it on the level with being there or yankee hotel foxtrot, but it's good. there are a couple of really good songs.

and by the way, trace is one of my favorite albums of all time. that along with uncle tupelo, dylan, and tom petty (particularly wildflowers) is one of the best cruisin on the highway cds ever. best song? probably tear stained eye. get it out, jam away.

i think the guy in the new band is jay ferarra (sp?), but i could be wrong. he was in uncle tupelo too.

i almost forgot to mention prince. incredible.

in my car player right now: kanye west, college dropout

on my iPod today: bob marley, legends

in my stereo at home: norah jones, feels like home; modest mouse, the new one that my roommate just bought; dylan, nashville skyline; alicia keys, diary of alicia keys.

good stuff.

Some cool new stuff (for me) I'm getting into:

Guster

Will Hoge

Lucinda Williams

Josh Rouse

Shawn McDonald

Guster and Will Hogue are great. I think Will Hogue played the Work Play Theater in Birmingham this past weekend.

I went to the Will Hoge show at workplay this past Friday and was very impressed. Not just with the band but the venue also. That place is great. I'll be going again when he comes back next month.

Some of my current favorites include:

Modest Mouse

A perfect Circle

Damien Rice

Jerry Garcia and David Grisman- shady grove

Thursday

My top 10:

1. The Clash

2. Tapper Zukie

3. Carbon/Silicon

4. The Sex Pistols (with Glen and not Sid)

5. The Who

6. Libertines

7. Xray Spex

8. Bob Marley

9. The Jam

10. Paul Weller

favorite albums:

Blood on the tracks- Bob Dylan

London Calling

All Mod Cons

blood on the tracks huh? i'm more partial to hwy 61, revisited but then again i'm from mississippi and love the blues. i'm diggin on the clash, sex pistols shout outs. you've stumped me with some of those bands though.

I'm guessing you are stumped by:

Tapper Zukie= a dub artist

Carbon/Silicon= Mick Jones and Tony James (thankfully they sound nothing like Sigue Sigue Sputnik :P )

Xray Spex= my favorite Bromley Contengent band

1. Billy Joel

2. Journey

3. Elton John

In my car CD now: Rascal Flats, Melt

In house: Chicago, greatest hits

All-time favorite album: Billy Joel, The Stranger

Am I giving a clue to my age here? B)

I'm an old rocker and guitar player from way back. I love good, straight forward, hard driving rock-n-roll from bands like:

Extreme

Van Halen

UFO

I get into any music with good guitar work. In my CD player right now:

Los Lonely Boys. Solid all the way through.

I've heard better sound from a squalling cat! :lol: J/K Just not a big fan of them. A bit too cheesy for me. Though, I do enjoy some cheesy bands! :lol:

Squalling cat??? Squalling cat??? I'll never be able to listen to Extreme the same way again. :D

Seriously, most people judge them by the only 2 songs that ever aired, which were both acoustic and completely different from anything else they played. The vocals were a bit cheesey at times but I was a huge fan of the guitar work of Nuno Bettancourt.

I guess I'm like most people though, I listen to my stuff while I'm in the car by myself anyway. I've never really cared about whether others liked what I like. Lord knows, my wife sure doesn't. :P That's why looking in my CD case would make you go... :blink:

Squalling cat???  Squalling cat???  I'll never be able to listen to Extreme the same way again. :D

Seriously, most people judge them by the only 2 songs that ever aired, which were both acoustic and completely different from anything else they played.  The vocals were a bit cheesey at times but I was a huge fan of the guitar work of Nuno Bettancourt. 

I guess I'm like most people though, I listen to my stuff while I'm in the car by myself anyway.  I've never really cared about whether others liked what I like.  Lord knows, my wife sure doesn't. :P   That's why looking in my CD case would make you go... :blink:

I'll admit that the two big hits in the 90's are all I really know of them. Though my collection spans the gamut, I am more of a hard rock fan. Grinding guitars are awesome! I like it loud, too. I'm going through a stage right now where I am listening to alot of the popular alternative like Good Charlotte, Story of the Year, New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Simple Plan, etc. I went through a time several years ago when I listene to country. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Tracy Lawrence, Tracey Byrd, Kenny Chesney, etc. I don't listen to it at all anymore, really. Maybe if I am scanning the channels and come across a song I used to like I will stop and listen, but I don't get the urge to play country music ever.

My wife and I don't always agree either. She likes most of what I do, but she likes a lot of dance and hip-hop, too. She's around her students too much I'm beginning to beleive. :lol: She has to stay on top of it, though, training the cheerleaders and all. I like some of it, but most of it makes me want to :puke: .

Music is probably my favorite thing just behind Auburn Football. I could give up many-many things forever, but never my music.

They have 5 discs...the first three: Naveed, Clumsy, and Hapiness were amazing. The last 2 were good but not AS good.

What?!?!?!? :o Spiritual Machines is definitely their best album, not to mention it is a concept album. It is on my top 10 best of all time.

MD, I promise that if you give Extreme a listen, you'll find that those two songs are the ONLY 2 mellow tunes they have. Their stuff is straight-forward rock-n-roll. Lead singer, Gary Cherone fronted for Van Halen for one album so you know he has to rock.

So your wife's a teacher too? I hear ya' brother. Sounds like yours teaches a little older group of kids. Mine has been a second grade teacher for 16 years. :bonk:

MD, I promise that if you give Extreme a listen, you'll find that those two songs are the ONLY 2 mellow tunes they have. Their stuff is straight-forward rock-n-roll. Lead singer, Gary Cherone fronted for Van Halen for one album so you know he has to rock.

So your wife's a teacher too? I hear ya' brother. Sounds like yours teaches a little older group of kids. Mine has been a second grade teacher for 16 years. :bonk:

Yeah, My wife teaches 10th Grade Honors History.

She is the Varsity Cheerleading Sponsor also (17 - 14 to 18 year olds).

Duder, did you like the newest incubus disk? I just got it the other day...pretty decent i must say.

I loved it. At first I wasn't as big on it as I was the other CDs, but it has really grown on me. "Talk Shows on Mute" is one of their best songs in my opinion. If you liked the new CD you should pick up the "Incubus Bootlegs." They're selling them on Incubusbootlegs.com. They are official releases by the band but they're not going to be in stores. They're recording the concerts and selling them as a fundraiser for the Make Yourself Foundation. They've got three thus far (Japan, Malaysia and Sweden). They're all double-CDs and are only $12 bucks. It's a nice little set.

I'd get Sweden. It has "Crowded Elevator"

Hot Topic is for rich kids who want to play dress up and proclaim they are punk (see Avril Levigne) and for people who let Fat Mike or whatever the heck his name is tell them how to vote. As White Riot says, "Everybody's doing just what they're told to!"

Archived