Favorite artists / cds

MDM4AU

Who are your three (3) favorite artists/bands?

• 1. Linkin Park
  • 2. Hoobastank
  • 3. Lifehouse

Playing in my car right now:

Lifehouse - No Name face

Playing in my house:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linkin Park is absolutely awesome!!!! I was lucky enough to see them twice on their first album tour. Saw them with the family values tour at philips arena in atlanta and they rocked much better than STP or staind imo.

Favorites:

Tori Amos

Liz Phair

Linkin Park

Alannis morrisette (sp?)

U2(back in the day especially)

Pink Floyd(In my college and post college days B):lol: )

I saw Linkin Park on the Summer Sanitarium Tour at Turner Field and again with Hoobastank, POD, and Story of the Year at Phillips back in April (I think it was). Linkin Park rocks! I also have the Live in Texas CD and DVD. They are playing Hi-Fi Buys Arena in Atlanta on August 13. Haven't decided if I am going yet. They are playing with Korn (not a big fan) and Snoop Dogg (not a big fan).

I would suggest seeing them indoors if you can.

The first time I saw them was big day out in atl w/ multiple bands and it was great, but indoor was better. Of course it was 95 in the shade at bdo.

They played the FVT at philips on halloween night and they came storming out with funky masks on and immediately went into high gear. Talk about ENERGY! I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it. They played The closer to the edge song last and everyone was screaming the part at the end w/ the "Shut up when I'm talking to you" and so on.

I've gotta see them again. These guys are true artists imo.

Kind of Blue is an EXCELLENT Disc!

1.) Dave Matthews Band

2.) Our Lady Peace

3.) Finger Eleven

4.) Paul Oakenfold (DJ)

5.) John Coltrane

Favorite CDs ever?

1.) Under the Table and dreaming - DMB

2.) Naveed - OLP

3.) Giant Steps - John Coltrane

4.) Brothers in Arms/On Every Street (tie both dire straits

5.) Off the Wall - MJ

Honorable Mention - Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins

Our Lady Peace is great. Got that in my cd changer now. That is one of those cds that you can put in and play all the way through. Not a bad song on it!

Some of my faves:

Dave Matthews Band

Sheryl Crow

Jonatha Brooke

Over The Rhine

U2

John Coltrane

Miles Davis

Horace Silver

Diana Krall

Some of you may not know a couple of these and for those of you that know all of them, yes, I understand those bands are quite opposite of each other :

:D

1. Petra

2. Third Day

3. Van Halen

4. KISS

I can't come up with my favorite album ever, so I will go with my son's favorite and one I like also "Transformers: The Movie" sounctrack. :lol:

Playing in car right now : Van Halen-Best of Both Worlds (thanks AUJarhead)

Playing in house: nothing- we rarely play any music in the house. Only time is on the computer or on one of the music stations on the satellite.

Some of you may not know a couple of these and for those of you that know all of them, yes, I understand those bands are quite opposite of each other :

1. Petra

2. Third Day

3. Van Halen

4. KISS

I can't come up with my favorite album ever, so I will go with my son's favorite and one I like also "Transformers: The Movie" sounctrack. :lol:

Playing in house: nothing- we rarely play any music in the house. Only time is on the computer or on one of the music stations on the satellite.

Third Day flew under the radar after that first Album didnt they....

1. Petra

2. Third Day

3. Van Halen

4. KISS

Third Day flew under the radar after that first Album didnt they....

Man no! Third Day got even bigger! Conspiracy Theory #5 made them real big and the song "Agnus Dei" that Michael W. Smith wrote for them on the "Exodus" CD was played all over the place. First time I saw them was at a fundraiser for some big christian school up in TN. They got even bigger after that. They are now usually the headline of most concerts. They were the headline of the Christian stage at Big Spring Jam a few years ago. When they were playing, of all the other stages (country, rock, hip hop, etc), Third Day had an estimated 5 times more people at their stage. A year before that, they played before an estimated crowd of about 6,000- 8,000 in Athens at Spiritfest. They just released a new album a few months ago and it sold real strong. Petra realeased a studio album last year, their first studio album in quite a few years. Bob Hartman is back playing guitar for them. They went back to their old sound and it is pure rock baby!

My favorite bands:

1) Cowboy Mouth

2) Jupiter Coyote

3) Van Halen

4) Metallica

5) Jimmy Buffett

Other bands that I like: Sister Hazel, Pearl Jam, U2, Beatles, and AC/DC.

Favorites right now: (as far as play time in the CD player)

1. Disturbed

2. Sevendust

3. Rage Against the Machine

4. Living Colour

All-timers:

1. Rage Against the Machine

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. Living Colour

4. Van Halen

wow, i gots lots that haven't even been touched: springsteen, dylan, patty griffen, coldplay, wilco, ryan adams (not bryan), counting crows, al green, elvis, son volt, ben harper... i been on a blues/bluegrass kind of kick lately so muddy waters, robert johnson, and loretta lynn have been getting some playing time. and i assume you guys don't like rap, but kanye west's new cd is up there with the best this year, outkast, tupac... i'll listen to just about anything with some soul to it.

5) Jimmy Buffett

Good ole U of A boy! Watch out now...you might start sayin roll tide soon. :D

But, he went to Auburn (and flunked out). He then went on to Southern Miss.

I got so mad at the AU UPC (University Program Council) while I was in school when you guys got Buffett to come play, and we got (for what seemed like the 5th straight year) Widespread Panic. Even Terry Bowden got into it, saying something like, "I don't understand how Bama can get James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett."

Hey, mcgufcm, how's the new Wilco. I bought it for my wife on Sunday, but had to leave Sunday night for work, so I haven't been able to listen to it yet. I've got one Son Volt album, Trace, but haven't listened to it in a while. I'm going to have to pull it out when I get home. There is a band called Golden Smog, which has one guy from Wilco and I think one guy from Son Volt in it. The only album by them that I've got is "Down By The Old Mainstream." I think someone from the Jayhawks is in it, also.

Top 5 favorite artists/bands:

1. Grateful Dead

2. Allman Brothers

3. Jimmy Buffett

4. Creedence Clearwater Revival

5. Eagles

CD playing in my car right now:

John Cougar Mellencamp - The Best I Could Do

Playing in my house:

Mamas and Papas Greatest Hits

Some cool new stuff (for me) I'm getting into:

Guster

Will Hoge

Lucinda Williams

Josh Rouse

Shawn McDonald

Guster and Will Hogue are great. I think Will Hogue played the Work Play Theater in Birmingham this past weekend.

Let's see...

CD in the house right now would be a compilation of stuff a friend made for me a couple of years ago...I haven't bought a CD in about 5 years.

Favorite artist...hmmmm...hard to pick...John Hiatt's good...I like almost all of his "Stolen Moments" from 1990 and it's not often that I like practically every song on an album.

iTunes was invented for people like me...pick a song or two by lots of different acts, then mix and match.

#1 - Anything by Van Morrison

#2 - Anything by Sarah McLachlan

#3 - The Doobies Greatest Hits

#4 - Bob Marley's Greatest Hits

#5 - Anything by Elton John

#6 - Anything by Skynerd

Seeing a pattern? :rolleyes: Classic rock, Southern rock, very very very little "new stuff". I do like Creed and Collective Soul, and SOME stuff like Nirvana, but mostly just 70's and 80's.

Archived