Another name as possible replacement

Tiger Growlin

I wouldn't mind getting him at all. I still say my coachingg search would start with, continue with, and end with Brad Stevens of Butler University. He is young, would probably stay here awhile with us moving into the new arena, and his teams are always good. Take a blank check with you on the plane ride and come back with an extra passenger. That extra person being Stevens of course.  :wedance:

I would love to have Terry Porter as well. Not sure if he has interest in college ball though. He would definitely be able to get to any of the high school coaches around the country. That get access to the kids. I think it would be very easy for Manning as well. I would happily take either guy named here.

Watch ESPN and you will see three more coaches we should go after. Matt Painter, his assistant Paul Lusk and Tom Izzo.

We couldnt steal Tom Izzo from Michigan State. I'm sorry but i just don't see him leaving a powerhouse in the Big 10 to a bottom tier SEC basketball school

Yea I think the Izzo to Auburn thing doesn't even classify as a dream. I would love for it to be true and would be the first 1 on this board saying I was wrong and apologizing, but to get him here we would probably have to make him President of the school, Governor of the state, and Mayor of the town. Would be fine with me but I think these 3 things would only get him to let his secretary answer the phone. WDE Izzo, we sure could use you!  :wareagle:

I wouldn't mind getting him at all. I still say my coachingg search would start with, continue with, and end with Brad Stevens of Butler University. He is young, would probably stay here awhile with us moving into the new arena, and his teams are always good. Take a blank check with you on the plane ride and come back with an extra passenger. That extra person being Stevens of course.  :wedance:

I like the thought of him coming to AU as well.

:wedance:

Watch ESPN and you will see three more coaches we should go after. Matt Painter, his assistant Paul Lusk and Tom Izzo.

We couldnt steal Tom Izzo from Michigan State. I'm sorry but i just don't see him leaving a powerhouse in the Big 10 to a bottom tier SEC basketball school

You have the wrong attitude my friend. Auburn wouldn't be bottom tier SEC when he got through with it. :thumbsup:

You have the wrong attitude my friend. Auburn wouldn't be bottom tier SEC when he got through with it. :thumbsup:

This is true...

Has Porter ever tried to recruit anyone. Hasn`t he been in the pros his whole career. Just playing in the NBA doesn`t guarantee that you can evaluate and recruit highschool players. Just my opinion and a question.

Has Porter ever tried to recruit anyone. Has not he been in the pros his whole career. Just playing in the NBA doesn`t guarantee that you can evaluate and recruit high school players. Just my opinion and a question.

Very valid point!  We need someone who can flat out recruit these kids to come to AU and make us a winner again.

That's why Manning would be my choice. He loves the college game. He has helped Bill Self recruit very well at Kansas. He has always been around great coaches. He knows how to deal with high profile players both as a coach and as a player. I think he has all the major credentials except HC experience.

Person is like the fourth coach on the Lakers.  He has absolutely no experience coaching in college.  As much as I liked watching him play at Auburn and in the NBA, I don't think he is what Auburn needs right now. 

Agreed Auburn4ever. I want a coach that wants to be apart of the college. BTW I heard a interview with Person on Jox not long ago and he was asked about Lebo and he said Lebo was a good coach but Auburn deserved a better one. He also didn't seem to have any interest in having the job.

I'm auburn4ever and I didn't say Chuck has absolutely no experience coaching in college. around4ever said that.

Thanks for clearing that up A4E

Here we go again.  :)  :tease:

I gave some thought about Pitino as well and he seems to want to get out of Louisville. My concern would be if it would do any harm to the family atmosphere CGC is pushing with our football program. I would hold out on Pitino until the trial is over for that restaurant is done.

Archived