Still hasn't signed a LOI .............

warfalcon23

I see where Sentreal Henderson is committed but hasn't signed his letter of intent to USCw, since O-Line will still be a major area of concern next season, do you think it is possible the Coaches could offer our 33rd and final scholly to him ??? If so, although we weren't major forces throughout his recruitment, do you think we have ...... or that the coaches could sell him that we have what he is looking for ??? I think he visited Miami the same week as S. Coleman ...... it couldn't hurt for him to get a call from Mr. Shon, ..... huh ???  :dunno:

I see where Sentreal Henderson is committed but hasn't signed his letter of intent to USCw, since O-Line will still be a major area of concern next season, do you think it is possible the Coaches could offer our 33rd and final scholly to him ??? If so, although we weren't major forces throughout his recruitment, do you think we have ...... or that the coaches could sell him that we have what he is looking for ??? I think he visited Miami the same week as S. Coleman ...... it couldn't hurt for him to get a call from Mr. Shon, ..... huh ???  :dunno:

I think he would sign with Ohio St. if things were to fall apart at USC.

i doubt seantrel is looking at us  but he is committed to uscw but waiting to see how the meeting with the ncaa go and wether or not they will be on some type of probation

Ok WarFalcon.  Here comes #4.  Looks like this thing with USCw may go on til around April 1.  Henderson says he's not comfortable signing just yet...wants to know about the possible sanctions first.  I don't blame him for that.  But my gut feeling is he just might not be the type to truly buy into our Auburn Family.  I'm saving #33 for next year or someone very special. And I have no opinion who that might be. :wareagle:

I think that scholarship just went to Lanier. I really have no idea if this is true but the article on him said he was enrolling early and this extra scholarship would allow him to do so. Plus I think the potential non-qualifiers have a better than decent shot at getting into school and if thats the case, we have no more room unless we grey shirt some guys.

Don't you think every other team in America is thinking the same thing?

We didn't have a chance before NSD and we sure enough don't now.

This 100%

Don't you think every other team in America is thinking the same thing?

We didn't have a chance before NSD and we sure enough don't now.

This 100%

^^^ agreed ^^^

Lanier is next year unless we have room to count back. We may not have that room this year though.

That's correct.  I was about to post the same thing.  The only way that lanier could count toward 2010 was if we had at least 3 of the 27 signed commitments from 2010 not qualify.  That's highly unlikely since our coaches are targeting kids that are not only exceptional on the field but also can qualify for entrance to AU.

:wareagle:

Lanier can early enroll and sign for 2011 next Feb. Look at Florida, that had 11 early guys and very few back-counted.

Just pointing out that an early enrollee doesn't necessarily HAVE to back-count, they can enroll early and sign for the current year..

Lanier can early enroll and sign for 2011 next Feb. Look at Florida, that had 11 early guys and very few back-counted.

Just pointing out that an early enrollee doesn't necessarily HAVE to back-count, they can enroll early and sign for the current year..

Jessel Curry and Craig Sanders also did that this year for us.  ;)

Curry and Sanders counted back to 2009. But you are correct in that they can enroll and then sign in February. Bama had several do that this year also.

My question is when did we become the kind of fan base where every 5 star needs to consider us? If Sendral Henderson had been a fit for Auburn don't you think we would of persued him before Feb4 ? I can think of 3 or 4 , Four and Five stars we didn't offer, while feeling a  couple of 2 stars may be a better fit.

swilling is probably in the same boat as Fisher.  Does not need a scholarship $$ to commit to school.  Swilling is looking for the best place to 'walk on' and get playing time.  Border line Div 1 starter??

Archived