BREAKING NEWS ON COACHING SEARCH

Is this breaking news or breaking wind?  If so, this news really stinks!

At least we are enjoying a discussion over Auburn Basketball...who would have thunk it.

Don't kid yourself...if we had not fired Lebo and have a coaching search on, the basketball discussion forum would be dead.   These threads are not so much discussing AU basketball as exercises in rumor mongering about who the new coach will be.

:wedance:

I agree to disagree. If we hadn`t fired Lebo there would be a lot of activity here wondering why we didn`t. Otherwise I completely agree.

At least we are enjoying a discussion over Auburn Basketball...who would have thunk it.

Don't kid yourself...if we had not fired Lebo and have a coaching search on, the basketball discussion forum would be dead.   These threads are not so much discussing AU basketball as exercises in rumor mongering about who the new coach will be.

I agree to disagree. If we hadn`t fired Lebo there would be a lot of activity here wondering why we didn`t. Otherwise I completely agree.

Then you actually agree with what I was trying to say, but I probably put it badly.

I meant that other than people coming in here to call for Lebo to be fired, and the new coach's search...there are not very many who would have come in here to talk basketball.  I like to see all the names that are popping up in here to talk about how this coach or that one is what we need, and a lot of them don't really care about Auburn basketball.  I have seen the last few years...If we were not going to make the tournament..most had the opinion, "Oh well...Spring Football is here!"

I remember when this site started...Basketball was lumped in with "Other Sports".  I lobbied the admins to please break it off into it's own section.

In closing...I think you and I can agree to agree.

;D

Then you actually agree with what I was trying to say, but I probably put it badly.

I meant that other than people coming in here to call for Lebo to be fired, and the new coach's search...there are not very many who would have come in here to talk basketball.   I like to see all the names that are popping up in here to talk about how this coach or that one is what we need, and a lot of them don't really care about Auburn basketball.  I have seen the last few years...If we were not going to make the tournament..most had the opinion, "Oh well...Spring Football is here!"

I remember when this site started...Basketball was lumped in with "Other Sports".  I lobbied the admins to please break it off into it's own section.

;D

You are so right. I may have stated mine a little off kilter also. I agree with what you are saying.

WDR

NO, NO, NO, CLONE JOHN WOODEN, LOL

If you check the history, I believe Wooden had a lot of help ($$$$$) in convincing players to come to UCLA. And he did have very good players.

I was speaking in jest, but regardless of who they choose as the new Auburn Basketball head guy I will still  sucker myself into watching again next year and the following years. Should be interesting to see what momentum a new coach can take into recruiting with the new facilities.

Funny how rumors work:  I heard Will Muschamp was going to be our next basketball coach...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I was speaking in jest, but regardless of who they choose as the new Auburn Basketball head guy I will still  sucker myself into watching again next year and the following years. Should be interesting to see what momentum a new coach can take into recruiting with the new facilities.

Yes, I understood what you meant.  I too will follow our team next year regardless of who is named HC.  Whether that be a big name, (Tubby or Anderson), or Lebo 2.0, (Barbee, Jones, Marlin).

:dunno:

I meant that other than people coming in here to call for Lebo to be fired, and the new coach's search...there are not very many who would have come in here to talk basketball.   I like to see all the names that are popping up in here to talk about how this coach or that one is what we need, and a lot of them don't really care about Auburn basketball.  I have seen the last few years...If we were not going to make the tournament..most had the opinion, "Oh well...Spring Football is here!"

;D

I think you are right. We do agree.....But I still think Auburn CAN be good at Basketball with new facilities and a little energy added to the base,but that doesn't mean they will.

;D

I think you are right. We do agree.....But I still think Auburn CAN be good at Basketball with new facilities and a little energy added to the base,but that doesn't mean they will.

Oh, I know AU can be good at Basketball.  I see no reason why we can not compete for championships in the sport.  I really feel AU has actually turned over a new leaf with the new arena.  I just hope we do the same with the coaching hire.

Once we start winning, it will energize the base...I still remember the crowds to see Person, and how much fun it was with the "Cliff Dwellers".

We can get to the top with the right coach.

Archived