BREAKING NEWS ON COACHING SEARCH

Coach from Wright State. Got info from scout.com hopefully he's just a backup plan. I have heard that some sources in the AAU believe Barbee will be named Head Coach Wednesday. Its getting interesting.

Coach from Wright State. Got info from scout.com hopefully he's just a backup plan. I have heard that some sources in the AAU believe Barbee will be named Head Coach Wednesday. Its getting interesting.

here comes the rumors

here comes the rumors

Here they come? Man, from Tubby Smith to Who-Knows-Who, the unfounded rumors have been rolling for a while!

And they will keep rolling in. I'm just gonna sit back, watch, and wait. Some will prove to be true. The others will prove to be false. I just wanna see the press conference introducing our new leader. Hopefully he will be the right choice.

At least we are enjoying a discussion over Auburn Basketball...who would have thunk it.

Don't kid yourself...if we had not fired Lebo and have a coaching search on, the basketball discussion forum would be dead.  These threads are not so much discussing AU basketball as exercises in rumor mongering about who the new coach will be.

:wedance:

IMO we can't lose between Tubby and Barbee. Both great coaches and I would love to have either one

I would say my top 3 are:

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

IMO we can't lose between Tubby and Barbee. Both great coaches and I would love to have either one

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

I just wanna as Pasner to the list. He's the current Memphis coach who has the number 1 recruiting class coming in next year.

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

I just wanna as Pasner to the list. He's the current Memphis coach who has the number 1 recruiting class coming in next year.

I had not thought about him.  I think if he can recruit like that, I would love to have him as a coach.  I just don't know how feasible it would be to get him.

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

I had not thought about him.  I think if he can recruit like that, I would love to have him as a coach.  I just don't know how feasible it would be to get him.

I have no idea either but he's a young guy with a lot of fire about him. Watched him coach against UAB and he impressed me. He was held over from Calipari's staff. We know that Memphis pays top dollar so it would be hard to steal him away.

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

I have no idea either but he's a young guy with a lot of fire about him. Watched him coach against UAB and he impressed me. He was held over from Calipari's staff. We know that Memphis pays top dollar so it would be hard to steal him away.

Look at the entrance requirements for Memphis vs. that of other schools and then tell me is the coach that is the good recruiter or is it the school and the entrance requirements.

1. Tubby

2. Anderson

3. Barbee

Look at the entrance requirements for Memphis vs. that of other schools and then tell me is the coach that is the good recruiter or is it the school and the entrance requirements.

Every school has their standards that the coaches must abide by. Just because these kide chose Memphis doesn't mean they coudn't get into schools elsewhere. Some of these kide chose Memphis because it has a proven track record of getting you to the NBA. Most of the kids that chose Memphis last year did not stick with Memphis and left with the coach and are now playing at Kentucky. They got into Kentucky because the had the grades to get there. I wasn't looking to debate one schools standards versus another.  I was simply throwing out the name of another young fast rising coach that I like. Emphasis on "a coach that I like."

Hello To All:

I just got back from a 6 hour summit at the transylvania county NC  NCAA basketball find-a-coach summit. It is all but a done deal that we will take good DNA samples of Adolph Rupp, the famed father of basketball at the Univ. of Kentucky, and produce a 100% likeness clone. The clone will be ready for a big news announcement next Friday at center court of the B.E. Colliseum in Auburn Al. Our cloned coach promises to give us 30 win seasons for the next 15 years until the genetic code collapses, of which will turn into a sour version of Wimp Sanders, the famed bammer coach. You heard it first from the "Doc" of ages!!

Doc4aday!!

Hello To All:

I just got back from a 6 hour summit at the transylvania county NC  NCAA basketball find-a-coach summit. It is all but a done deal that we will take good DNA samples of Adolph Rupp, the famed father of basketball at the Univ. of Kentucky, and produce a 100% likeness clone. The clone will be ready for a big news announcement next Friday at center court of the B.E. Colliseum in Auburn Al. Our cloned coach promises to give us 30 win seasons for the next 15 years until the genetic code collapses, of which will turn into a sour version of Wimp Sanders, the famed bammer coach. You heard it first from the "Doc" of ages!!

Doc4aday!!

Docs been sniffing a little too much of that varnish he uses on his walking sticks.  :laugh:

Brownell in any other year would be a really good looking young coach to hire. He's been to the tournament 3 times as a head coach;  once at Wright State (he's beaten Butler 3 straight times) and twice at UNC Wilmington.  He has two players on his current team from Alabama;  A guard From Homewood and a juco kid from Hanceville who is 6'7 and 225 (wonder if Lebo knew about him??)  We might can do better, but he's got the resume to get in the door.

Archived