Major Transfer

auburn4ever

I read on another Auburn board tonight about a rumor of us getting a major div IA transfer pretty soon. That's all that was posted about it. Does anyone have any guesses on who this player could be?

He'll still have to sit out a year, unless he gets some weird ruling from the NCAA, right?

[/quote_______

wrong.......  read a thousand other posts.... about this same subject!!!!  ITS THE SAME THING EVERYDAY!!!  TERRIIBLE..........    SM  CAN YOU NOT KILL THESE SAME POSTS DAILY....... 

He'll still have to sit out a year, unless he gets some weird ruling from the NCAA, right?

_______

wrong.......   read a thousand other posts.... about this same subject!!!!  ITS THE SAME THING EVERYDAY!!!  TERRIIBLE..........    SM  CAN YOU NOT KILL THESE SAME POSTS DAILY....... 

Aubieclawz, when you sober up, please post a link showing that players transferring from one D-1 school to another don't have to sit out a year. Thank you.

_______

wrong.......   read a thousand other posts.... about this same subject!!!!  ITS THE SAME THING EVERYDAY!!!  TERRIIBLE..........    SM  CAN YOU NOT KILL THESE SAME POSTS DAILY....... 

Aubieclawz, when you sober up, please post a link showing that players transferring from one D-1 school to another don't have to sit out a year. Thank you.

I don't know about how exactly it works, but the word is that he would not have to sit out a year. If I'm not mistaken, that's something ST mentioned when he first brought up the possibility, but I've no clue as to the legality of such an issue.

_______

I don't know about how exactly it works, but the word is that he would not have to sit out a year. If I'm not mistaken, that's something ST mentioned when he first brought up the possibility, but I've no clue as to the legality of such an issue.

It has something to do with a member of his family being ill and him needing to be closer to home.  I think a guy from Memphis used that loophole this year.

It has something to do with a member of his family being ill and him needing to be closer to home.  I think a guy from Memphis used that loophole this year.

Ok then, he'll need a special dispensation from the NCAA to transfer without sitting out a year. Thanks for the info.

Wow, if this goes through, we might have something real brewing on the Plains...with Ward, Kemp, and possibly a 6'10-6'11 big man (Monterale Clark, perhaps?), we could be rocking and rolling our way to the NCAA next year, expansion or no expansion!

Wow, if this goes through, we might have something real brewing on the Plains...with Ward, Kemp, and possibly a 6'10-6'11 big man (Monterale Clark, perhaps?), we could be rocking and rolling our way to the NCAA next year, expansion or no expansion!

Barbee aint playing around. Hes going after some big time players and like I have said before... Auburn will sell itself if you get these kids on campus.

Barbee aint playing around. Hes going after some big time players and like I have said before... Auburn will sell itself if you get these kids on campus.

That's the danged truth! Especially with the weather turning warmer...one look at the fine student bodies in their short shorts and spring tees, and Auburn already has a leg up! ;)

I recall Elliot Williams playing Memphis a year after he left Duke. I wonder why....

Wonder no longer: His mother has a serious, life-threatening illness and the NCAA granted him a hardship transfer to move back home.

Here's one of about 100 links on Williams's transfer: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/nov/09/happy-homecoming/

That's the danged truth! Especially with the weather turning warmer...one look at the fine student bodies in their short shorts and spring tees, and Auburn already has a leg up! ;)

another reason to go to A-Day ;) in fact my bammer cousin is coming, I think he'll reconsider after this trip

A note on Ward.  Coming off ruptured right quad tendon.  Missed all but 3 games this year

Also at this point we don`t have a slot available unless a waiver has been granted to someone to leave.

Is there a chance he would transfer from Memphis to Auburn?

Ward is at Texas; not Memphis. Williams isn`t discussed as coming to Auburn.

Who is Monterale Clark and do we have a chance with him???

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Monterale-Clark-93344

No idea whether or not we have a chance with him, he's just a name that has popped up.

ok.. as per NCAA rule about harrdship transfers , it is hard to do... without sitting out a year... Boehomo said if it deals with a family illness why play..you need to sit out a year... let me just give you the link..ley you decide..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2164128      and another link

http://prof-fan.blogspot.com/2008/10/abuse-of-ncaa-transfer-rules.html

so unless it is updated, you best have a good reason to transfer without having to sit out a year...

ok.. as per NCAA rule about harrdship transfers , it is hard to do... without sitting out a year... Boehomo said if it deals with a family illness why play..you need to sit out a year... let me just give you the link..ley you decide..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2164128       and another link

so unless it is updated, you best have a good reason to transfer without having to sit out a year...

:laugh:

I recall Elliot Williams playing Memphis a year after he left Duke. I wonder why....

Wonder no longer: His mother has a serious, life-threatening illness and the NCAA granted him a hardship transfer to move back home.

Here's one of about 100 links on Williams's transfer: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/nov/09/happy-homecoming/

Also there is a rule that says if a player gets his degree in 3 years the player can transfer to another school and play without sitting out a year. George Drake did this last year. He started his career at Vandy and transferred to UAB and played this past season.

The rule is that if you transfer you sit out a year. There are exceptions to that. They involve "hardship" situations. Tyler Smith, the kid who got the boot at UT this past season, was one of those hardship cases. There are others. If you don't fit that category you sit out a year if you transfer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2164128       and another link

:laugh:

what are you laughing about???  its the truth!!!!  so laugh is on you!!!  :tease:

Archived