ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Glad they are having an off day.  That was a short bus ride to NY.  Nothing wrong with getting a blow and getting your head right just before a big series.

I don't see Saito as a closer.  He makes too many pitches in the setup role as it is.  He does have good stuff though.  I'd like to see KK get some late inning work.  See how he adjusts to the pen.  I wish we still had Soriana (sp?), minus all the homers.

Who will be the closer next year with Wagner retiring? He's dead set on it.

I hear they're grooming Craig Kimbrel for it.  'Don't know if he'll be ready next year or not, though.

This is what I hear and my friend was a catcher at wallace state where kimbrel played and he caught kimbrel when he was trying out and he said he couldn't catch anything he threw. He has caught the likes of Tyler Stovall and many other great pitchers (including me). But, I think it could be Venters, Saito, Kimbrel, or maybe KK could get a shot at it. Any of those. We gotta take this series from the Mets. Go Bravos!

If I were in the front office this is what I would do about the closer situation next year:

1. Try hard as heck to get Wagner back. haha that doesn't work so...

2. Go get a veteran closer (ex. JJ Putz) to begin the season closing but tell him he might not stay there.

3. Keep Kimbrel in the bullpen and let him work the 8th inning but every once in awhile throw him into close.

4. If Kimbrel shows he can handle the pressure, make him the closer. Unless the veteran is performing up to expectations.

Orrr we could just go get a ton of great hitters so that our games arent close and we dont need a closer  ;D

Thankfully that's one thing theyve been very good at since coming out of that slump. They've lost one series since then. Hopefully that'll be the same after Sunday

Who was it taking up for Escobar the other day?  Im sick of this guy making bone head plays.  He's missed two fly balls tonight and almost broke Glaus's hand on an easy flip to first.  Maybe im a little hard on him but this has been happening since he was a rookie.  I hope we have shortstop in the making for the future of the Braves.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100709&content_id=12106834&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Anybody remember the fuss over Peavy two years ago.  This is a bullet im really glad we dodged.  Seems like hes been hurt most the time since then.  Im glad we got Lowe even though he has his ups and downs.

well, we know for sure, 100%, without a single doubt, that Hinske cannot and will not hit a curve ball.

Tight game.  Double Ought bottom of the 3rd.  Hope Huddy keeps it up!

thought we were about to give one up there.  Chipper needs some smelling salts.  E on that ground ball and didn't even check the runner there.

That hurt. Bases loaded with no outs and we can't score any. Yeah Chip made a rookie mistake. Thankfully it didn't cost us. The only bright note outta that inning is that maybe Escobar is starting to heat up. So far he's 2 for 2

2-2 to hinske.  gotta be a curve.

edit:  what was that a slider?

nowhere to put em come on OMAR HELLS YEA.  Now we're cookin.  Bout to get to the Mets pen

i'm really kicking myself right now for not ordering some tickets preseason.  they are pretty jacked up for good seats on razorgator :(

If the Phils weren't so freakin lucky, we would have a 8 game lead over them.

3 walk offs in a row. = SCARY!  :o

I hope they don't heat up after the break.

WDE

If the Phils weren't so freakin lucky, we would have a 8 game lead over them.

3 walk offs in a row. = SCARY!  :o

I hope they don't heat up after the break.

WDE

their luck will run out