SEC play from here on out ?

Very glad to take the series, but we have a long, long way to go. I think we got false sense of improvement during the LSU series. I think LSU was overconfident and we played very well. The Vandy game was a reality check and we almost gave Kentucky this series. Again, glad to win, but our pitching was bad and our defense continues to consistently disappoint. 

If we don't show major improvement I see our remaining SEC schedule playing out like this :

ARK - ARK sweeps us

MSU - 2 - 1 AU takes series

TN  - 2 - 1 AU takes series

UM – UM takes series 2 – 1 in a close contest

Very glad to take the series, but we have a long, long way to go. I think we got false sense of improvement during the LSU series. I think LSU was overconfident and we played very well. The Vandy game was a reality check and we almost gave Kentucky this series. Again, glad to win, but our pitching was bad and our defense continues to consistently disappoint. 

If we don't show major improvement I see our remaining SEC schedule playing out like this :

ARK - ARK sweeps us

TN   - 2 - 1 AU takes series

UM – UM takes series 2 – 1 in a close contest  what was ur r ason for posting this

I very much agree. We'll almost certainly make the SEC tournament this year, but what good is that if we go up there, lose 2 and barbecue?

Pitching and defense need big improvement if we are to have success in Hoover.

Also, I think we bunt too much. I don't understand bunting a runner to second base with none out when the next three batters are .350 hitters. We don't have a "small ball", win 'em 3-2 type team. We can beat people 10-7. Because of poor pitching and defense, we can't beat them 3-2.

To score as many runs as we need, you need big innings and you don't get big innings when you surrender one of your outs to move a runner from first to second.

ARK - ARK sweeps us

what was ur r ason for posting this

learn how to use quotations....

and why not post this? i like this.. its a useful prediction that i pretty much agree with.. if you dont like his insight then don't post a reply..  :thumbsup:

ARK - ARK sweeps us

I have felt since the 2nd or 3rd weekend that if we won 2 of 3 on home weekends and 1 of 3 on the road we would make the tourney. Looks like that will work out. We just need to be at the top of our game in the tourney to insure making the NCAA`s.

ARK - ARK sweeps us

wrong

I was going to bump this but you beat me to it. I think we win tomorrow and take this series. We have been really good on Sundays.

I'd like to get a sweep in at least one of the home series...

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I honestly think we can get a sweep from both Tennessee and State if we keep smashing the ball like we are and get some decent pitching in those 2 series. I think one sweep is very possible

As of yesterday = beat Ark. 1 game already...I like our chances every Sunday also...

We have some weaknesses this year, but we have a pretty strong team overall...we'll make SEC Tourn & host a regional...

I thought ARK would sweep us without major improvement. Pulling out today's game would be a huge boost of confidence for this team.

War Eagle !

As of yesterday = beat Ark. 1 game already...I like our chances every Sunday also...

We have some weaknesses this year, but we have a pretty strong team overall...we'll make SEC Tourn & host a regional...

I agree we'll make the SEC tourney. We are two good pitchers away from hosting a regional, IMHO.

ARK - ARK sweeps us

ARK was ours 2-1

MSU will be ours 3-0

UT will be ors 2-1

Ole Miss will probably be theirs 2-1 but I predict for us 2-1.

This gets us to 37 wins.  That should get us in the NCAA tourney.

I predict we atleast take two out of three from the pigs...  Ah, nevermind.

i predicted after our first three series that taking two of three at each home series and one of

three on the road eack weekend would put us in good shape for SEC`s. Then we screwed up and took two from the hawgs. Anyway; two of three at the next two home series and one at Ole Miss puts in good shape. Anthing above that is gravy. We have come a long way in two years.

I predict we atleast take two out of three from the pigs...  Ah, nevermind.

i predicted after our first three series that taking two of three at each home series and one of

three on the road eack weekend would put us in good shape for SEC`s. Then we screwed up and took two from the hawgs. Anyway; two of three at the next two home series and one at Ole Miss puts in good shape. Anthing above that is gravy. We have come a long way in two years.

You aren't kidding!  A lot to be excited about right now.  Can't wait to head to the ballpark this weekend to watch a good team compete for postseason positioning.  WDE!!!

I was thrilled to be wrong. The ARK series was the best of the season. I would say LSU if they were strong, but they are off this year. Anyway, that 3rd game was just fantastic.

War Eagle !

• 2 weeks later...

I was thrilled to be wrong. The ARK series was the best of the season. I would say LSU if they were strong, but they are off this year. Anyway, that 3rd game was just fantastic.

War Eagle !

:believe::wareagle::wedance:

ARK - ARK sweeps us

ARK was ours 2-1

MSU will be ours 3-0

UT will be ors 2-1

Ole Miss will probably be theirs 2-1 but I predict for us 2-1.

This gets us to 37 wins.  That should get us in the NCAA tourney.

So far so good.  We just need the bats to keep blasting them out of the park.  The pitching is doing it's job.  Keep it up Tigers!  WDE!!!

Archived