Question about the BB team?

gravejd

So we're bringing in a great class of big men this year. But i'm a little curious about who the gaurds will be. I know we got Sullivan and I guess Malone will play one of the other spots. Besides Ward who is yet to be determined, who else do we got at guard? Are do you guys think will go with a bigger lineup with only two guards?

We still have Josh Wallace and Earnest Ross can play guard also, and even though Kenny Gabriel is 6'8 he plays more like a small forward position. He's got good ball skills and can shoot from the outside.

We still have Josh Wallace and Earnest Ross can play guard also, and even though Kenny Gabriel is 6'8 he plays more like a small forward position. He's got good ball skills and can shoot from the outside.

Gabriel is the skinniest 6'8 basketball player I have seen. He needs to play at the 3 position because I don't think he will be strong enough to handle someone down on the block. However because he isn't that big (width wise) then he will most likely be quicker than anyone who guards him.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll definitely be hoping we can get Ward in here to give us some more bodies at that position.

I would like to see a lot of long arms stretched out in a 1-3-1 defense... pressuring the perimeter and creating turnovers.  I love watching Huggins aggressive D at West Virginia.  He stacked 6'7", 6'8", and 6'9" all across the floor.  They were a tough draw at the tourney.  Even when they lost their point guard, they were a formidable opponent. 

I would like to see a lot of long arms stretched out in a 1-3-1 defense... pressuring the perimeter and creating turnovers.  I love watching Huggins aggressive D at West Virginia.  He stacked 6'7", 6'8", and 6'9" all across the floor.  They were a tough draw at the tourney.  Even when they lost their point guard, they were a formidable opponent. 

agreed

Thanks for the info guys! I'll definitely be hoping we can get Ward in here to give us some more bodies at that position.

Who would you like for us to lose or leave to make room for Ward?

Coach Barbee is the only one that knows that for sure. I couldn't begin to guess, but by fall of 2011 several of those that are currently occupying one of the 13 slots will be gone. Probably as many as six.

If Ward doesn't make it to Auburn we are going to be short(#'s wise) at the guard position. We have Sullivan, Wallace, Ross, Malone and Neysmith at guard but only Sullivan and Wallace could be considered primary ball handlers. Neysmith played the point last year some so he could help some but if Ward doesn't come we might struggle a little against pressure defenses.

Coach Barbee is the only one that knows that for sure. I couldn't begin to guess, but by fall of 2011 several of those that are currently occupying one of the 13 slots will be gone. Probably as many as six.

can`t believe 6; that may be a stretch though I agree with you that I really don`t have any idea either.

can`t believe 6; that may be a stretch though I agree with you that I really don`t have any idea either.

I'm basing my WAG (Wild A** Guess) on the idea that he'll sign one guard this time (Ward?) and want to sign at least five players next November. With no seniors on the team, for every signee somebody has to go....

We don't really have a PG although I did think Wallace was effective just hate having to use a 5-7 kid or however tall he was.... Anyway Sullivan, Ross, Malone, and Gabriel can all play outside and be effective. I think as it stands now you would see Sullivan at the one with Ross at the two and Langford/Gabriel at 3 and then Cothron at the four and Kemp at the five. Thats one of the more athletic and bigger lineups we've see on the floor in awhile. I would really like to see us play Sullivan/Langford/Gabriel/Cothron/Kemp at the same time because that would really give us some length and tough to defend

We don't really have a PG although I did think Wallace was effective just hate having to use a 5-7 kid or however tall he was.... Anyway Sullivan, Ross, Malone, and Gabriel can all play outside and be effective. I think as it stands now you would see Sullivan at the one with Ross at the two and Langford/Gabriel at 3 and then Cothron at the four and Kemp at the five. Thats one of the more athletic and bigger lineups we've see on the floor in awhile. I would really like to see us play Sullivan/Langford/Gabriel/Cothron/Kemp at the same time because that would really give us some length and tough to defend

Good talent but maybe too short on experience in the SEC. But real fun to watch and gaining that experience for the next year for

Archived