Tony Barbee Says Great Things about Auburn

It's only going to help football recruiting also. Having recruits for football go to a sold out basketball game and have the new arena rocking, those kids will love that! I believe we will be contending in the dance next season.

It's only going to help football recruiting also. Having recruits for football go to a sold out basketball game and have the new arena rocking, those kids will love that! I believe we will be contending in the dance next season.

Hopefully we'll be competing for the dance anyway

If they open it up to 120 teams then we'd damn well better be in it!  NCAA is going to ruin the importance of the regular season.

If they open it up to 120 teams then we'd damn well better be in it!  NCAA is going to ruin the importance of the regular season.

I don't see the point in having an increase in teams. If a 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed, do they really think adding teams is going to accomplish anything except bring in more revenue? It's all about money for the NCAA that they aren't getting off of a football playoff.

This is my first post so bear with me and WAR EAGLE!!!!! 

I think the NCAA has decided to only add 3 teams to the field and make it 68.  If the three additional teams come from the bubble teams that wouldn't have made the top 64, I think it could have some impact on the entire tournament.  Like this past year for instance, if Miss St. and Va Tech had gotten in they could have made a difference.  However, adding more teams like Ark.-Pine Bluff or Lehigh won't have an impact.

Either way I like our chances of making the tournament next year, more and more each day with Barbee at the helm!  :wareagle:

This is my first post so bear with me and WAR EAGLE!!!!! 

I think the NCAA has decided to only add 3 teams to the field and make it 68.  If the three additional teams come from the bubble teams that wouldn't have made the top 64, I think it could have some impact on the entire tournament.  Like this past year for instance, if Miss St. and Va Tech had gotten in they could have made a difference.  However, adding more teams like Ark.-Pine Bluff or Lehigh won't have an impact.

Either way I like our chances of making the tournament next year, more and more each day with Barbee at the helm!   :wareagle:

Great first post !!

:wareagle:

Blankcf is correct. The decision to expand has been made and the new number is 68. A school like Auburn should expect to be one of the top 68 teams in the country every year. I do expect us to be in there this coming year.

Archived