Tampa Bay Rays

AUDynasty

Consider myself a bandwagon fan, but when Tampa Bay ditched the "Devil" out of their mascot, they have been on fire last three years. A runner-up two years ago, and a winning season last year, and currently holds a best record in the majors. One thing I really like about this team is that they do not have big-name players and they still win. GO Rays!!

Working in Tampa next week. Gonna try to make it down for the 1:20 game Sunday vs the White Sox. Not that I care about either team, just something to do. Its too bad I can't be down there this week while they are hosting my beloved Red Sox. Then they are on the road at Toronto so Sunday will be the only game I can possibly make.

No big names?  I don't know about that.  I think they will lose a significant part of their team in the offseason to free agency.  Several teams are licking their chops at the thought of some of the free agents for TB.

3 game series with the Red Sox was most enjoyable.  I have to say Maddon is one of my more favorite managers.  Classy guy.

;D

My brother and his family (including my adorable nephew Caleb) moved to Tampa a few years ago, so Caleb has become quite the Rays fan. It's hard not to like the team they've put together after having so many high draft picks following so many dismal seasons, so they've become my second favorite team. I would LOVE to see the Rays and Bravos in the Fall Classic this season.

Kinda hard to say there aren't any big names, though, because while collectively their salaries may not add up to those of the left side of the Yankee infield, they are big time talents, and have been proving that for going on three years now...

Archived