NEW JERSEY GOVERNOR RESIGNS!

Jenny AU-92

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - In a stunning declaration, Gov. James E. McGreevey announced his resignation Thursday and acknowledged that he had an extramarital affair with another man. "My truth is that I am a gay American," he said.

"Shamefully, I engaged in adult consensual affairs with another man, which violates my bonds of matrimony," the married father of two said. "It was wrong, it was foolish, it was inexecusable."

The Democrat said his resignation would be effective Nov. 15.

McGreevey said he would step down because his secret - both his sexuality and his affair - leaves the governor's office vulnerable.

Link
WABC-TV of New York reported that McGreevey was expecting a lawsuit by a former aide accusing him of sexual harassment. The station identified the former aide as Golan Cipel, who resigned as McGreevey’s security adviser in 2002 after months of questioning about his credentials and job qualifications.

A former Israeli sailor and a published poet, Cipel, 33, was criticized because he did not have a security clearance or law enforcement background. He had worked in television news and public relations.

Link 2

So what do you guys think about this?

My question is this, is he gay as in "guys only" or is he bisexual? :lol: He does have a wife and she was there as if she was supporting him, but is she going to be "out of the loop" from now on?

I love the "I am a Gay American" thing. You've got your African Americans, your, Indian Americans etc. Is this a new thing? Are we now going to be politically incorrect if we refer to a gay as just a "gay"?

I am secure in the fact that I am a HETEROSEXUAL AMERICAN. B)

"Outed" and still playing politics above all else. By making his resignation effective Nov. 15 the Democrats will automatically retain the governors seat in New Jersey. Are they afraid that the Republicans would win an election and take this seat away from them. How can he effectively rule the state after this news, He should leave now and let the chips fall where they may.

I am secure in the fact that I'm married and heterosexual. I have no mercy for those homosexual types. It is a choice, just like one chooses to have consensual sex with an intern. :lol: In my opinion, there is no room for mud-riders in the Auburn Family. B) And, there is definitely no room for homosexuals in government.

By making his resignation effective Nov. 15 the Democrats will automatically retain the governors seat in New Jersey.  Are they afraid that the Republicans would win an election and take this seat away from them. 

I don't follow the "timing" argument. While I don't know the New Jersey constitution, in most states wouldn't the Lt. Governer take over for the rest of the term--until the next regular gubernatorial election? I don't see how the timing of Nov. 15 has any real effect. Even if Nov. 2 is a gubernatorial election in NJ, he's already made his announcement, so what difference does a Nov. 15 resignation date make?

I don't think homosexuality automatically makes one unfit for office, however.

Adultery? ...depends on the degree to which it affects one's abilities to carry out his duties. Clinton and former NY Mayor Guliani (spelling?) being each party's best known poster boys on this. Sounds like the secrecy, subterfuge, emotional stress, and blackmail potential, etc. was having an affect on McGreevey's ability to do his job in this case, though.

On-the-job sexual harassment? ...definitely unfit for office.

According to the New Jersey constitution, if the governor (or any elected official) leaves his or her elected post more than 60 days before an upcoming election, there must be a special election to replace said official. therefore, if he were to resign immediately, there must be a special election (voted on election day in Nov) to name his replacement. By making his resignation effective Nov, 15th, they ensure that the dems hold on to the seat through the remainder of his term.

Homosexuality in and of itself does not make him innefective in office, however this combined with adultery and the impending sexual harrassment lawsuit about to be filed by one of his ex male employees does render him innefective.

88, I don't need to proclaim anything because I'm totally secure in who I am. Just ask any of my friends...well, not the guy friends...I mean the ladies. They'll tell you...just you wait and see. Because I'm comfortable with who I am...not confortable in a "gay" way or anything...I'm just sayin'...with what, I mean who I am. Oh wait, I'm confused...No, not confused confused. You know what I mean. :blink:

88, I don't need to proclaim anything because I'm totally secure in who I am. Just ask any of my friends...well, not the guy friends...I mean the ladies. They'll tell you...just you wait and see. Because I'm comfortable with who I am...not confortable in a "gay" way or anything...I'm just sayin'...with what, I mean who I am. Oh wait, I'm confused...No, not confused confused. You know what I mean. :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: That is too funny!

I am secure in the fact that I'm married and heterosexual. I have no mercy for those homosexual types. It is a choice, just like one chooses to have consensual sex with an intern. :lol: In my opinion, there is no room for mud-riders in the Auburn Family. B) And, there is definitely no room for homosexuals in government.

This is patently offensive.

Good thing that most on the board know that BF is one messed up individual. Any of the liberals on the board that have tried to defend him before when he bashes Bush, want to defend him now for his gay-bashing?

I thought BF was baiting. Hoping us redneck, gun carrying, conservatives would be like yeah BF, them dang homosexuals dont deserve to represent me. Could be wrong though.

According to the New Jersey constitution, if the governor (or any elected official) leaves his or her elected post more than 60 days before an upcoming election, there must be a special election to replace said official. therefore, if he were to resign immediately, there must be a special election (voted on election day in Nov) to name his replacement. By making his resignation effective Nov, 15th, they ensure that the dems hold on to the seat through the remainder of his term.

Yes, I finally heard the morning news explain the same thing. Thanks to both of you for educating me on the NJ constitution--now I understand.

I thought BF was baiting. Hoping us redneck, gun carrying, conservatives would be like yeah BF, them dang homosexuals dont deserve to represent me. Could be wrong though.

Exactly. :poke:

I thought BF was baiting.  Hoping us redneck, gun carrying, conservatives would be like yeah BF, them dang homosexuals dont deserve to represent me.  Could be wrong though.

Exactly. :poke:

I don't know about that guys. He goes from one extreme to the other. He has some weird "beyond liberal" views, but he will turn around and quote scripture or better yet, twist scripture to make himself look like some sort of "way other there" Christian.

It's not the "pole smok'in" that's caught up with McSquealy, its everything else that has happened so far. This just seems to be the straw.

Scandal marred McGreevey's tenure following questions over a series of questionable appointments, including Cipel's.

McGreevey also came under fire in 2002 for hiring a state police superintendent who had a criminal record. Last year, two former aides were targeted in a federal probe investigating whether they used their political ties to secure business for their billboard company.

This year, a Democratic fund-raiser and former high school classmate of McGreevey's was charged with trying to extort campaign donations from a farmer in exchange for help in selling his land.

Last month, the governor's commerce secretary quit amid reports he funneled money to businesses he owned with family members, and McGreevey's top campaign donor was charged with conspiracy, obstructing a federal investigation and promoting prostitution

Whole Article

I don't like bf much, but I sure as heck ain't fond of "pole smokers" either! :roll:

I guess I should clarify and say the actions taken by said "pole smokers." Cause I really don't hate nobody.

Scandal marred McGreevey's tenure following questions over a series of questionable appointments, including Cipel's.

McGreevey also came under fire in 2002 for hiring a state police superintendent who had a criminal record. Last year, two former aides were targeted in a federal probe investigating whether they used their political ties to secure business for their billboard company.

This year, a Democratic fund-raiser and former high school classmate of McGreevey's was charged with trying to extort campaign donations from a farmer in exchange for help in selling his land.

Last month, the governor's commerce secretary quit amid reports he funneled money to businesses he owned with family members, and McGreevey's top campaign donor was charged with conspiracy, obstructing a federal investigation and promoting prostitution

What's funny about this is that this guy ran for office on a platform of cleaning up corruption in the Gov's Office!!! :o

Personally, I have a problem with his lifestyle and the adultery part. Politically I don't really have a problem with it, except for the adultery part. However, my biggest problem was that he jeapordized the securiity of N.J. and this country by appointing his lover to the Homeland Security position for personal reasons. That shows me that he did not take his job seriously and he did not take the terrorist threat seriously! Basically he just told the people of N.J. that my gay lover is more important then your lives and the lives of your family! To me that makes him an evil man and a scumbag, not the fact that he is gay. He only solidifies my argument by now playing politics with his resignation. I bet of the peopel of N.J. rose up and stirred the pot alot more, they could get his sorry tail out of there before Nov. 15.

I am secure in the fact that I'm married and heterosexual. I have no mercy for those homosexual types. It is a choice, just like one chooses to have consensual sex with an intern.  :lol: In my opinion, there is no room for mud-riders in the Auburn Family.   B)   And, there is definitely no room for homosexuals in government.

This is patently offensive.

How is this patently offensive? I thought the choice of words left everything to individual interpretation. Except for the word "homosexual", there were no offensive statements. Only my opinions were expressed. In my opinion, the "homosexuality" demon carries with it demons of "violence." Anyone not covered in the "blood" is open to attack by said demons.

http://www.meta-religion.com/Secret_societ...emons_traps.htm

THE SEVEN MAJOR DIVISIONS OF HELL

2.Sexual lust is the second division, led by the demon Larz. This area includes such sexual practices as homosexuality, adultery, and bisexuality, as well as any other sexual perversions.

http://www.letusreason.org/Pent24.htm

"It is true that certain areas need to be avoided like the plague (the occult, sex outside marriage, homosexuality, and various altered states of conciousness)."

To me, that includes not associating with these types.

http://diskbooks.org/part2.html#hs2a7

Archived