Your favorite SNL skits

tiger88

I have a bunch but I'll start off with just a few. Massive Headwound Harry(dana carvey), Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer(phil hartman), Matt Foley the Motivational Speaker(Chris Farley), The Samurai Series(belushi).

I don't remeber anyone else doing this. If so forgive me.

Yea, I liked Farley's motivational speaker character. But it has to be Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd's "Two Wild and Crazy Guys" skits that is tops with me. I also like Carvey's "Church Lady". Oh, and second for me would have to be a tie between Eddie Murphy's "Mister Rogers" and "Gumby".

Eddie Murphey doing his James Brown impression in Celebrity Hot Tub.

Gonnnnaaa Get............. in the ............water. I said it................... hot.............. awwwhhhhhh!

Anything with Eddie Murphy. "Just send for my new book, 'I Wanna Be a Ho'." Or how about Mr. Robinson? "The word of the day is "Mutha". When you say it one way it means your mom....." :lol::lol::lol:

#1 by far: "landshark"

also great: "The Pepsi Syndrome", "Little Chocolate Doughnuts", any of the "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood"s

In one skit Patrick Stewart played the love boat captain, there was an Isaac like character wearing the Jordi visor - the whole star trek/love boat clash was very unique.

Bar none, it's Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker. "Oh Dad, your son wants to be a writer. Well la-de-frickin'-da!" and "You'll have a lot of time to write when you're living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!"

LOL!

Guest AuNuma1
I liked Chris Katan's retard kid where he's chained to the playground equipment with a bike helmet on

sorry buddy but that is mike myers

That's it, Mike Myers...that skit is too old for katan. Thanks!

And tt named the best one...by far the funniest one.

I LOVE LANDSHARK!!!!

The old stuff is the best - Two Wild and Crazy Guys, ANYTHING Chevy Chase did (Esp Gerald Ford!!) and DEFINITELY anything Belushi did (Samauri, Killer Bees, Blues Bros, etc.).

As for one skit, remember Dan Akroyd and the "Bassomatic 2000"? That was GROSS!!!!! :D

Eddie was pretty funny - I love Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.

Sigh... all this does is just underscore how HORRIBLE the casts have been the past few years. The only thing that has been consistently funny is the Weekend Update. Chevy and Dennis Miller were the best - Norm McDonald was okay.

These days, I have actually become a MadTV fan - they still do some really creative and very funny stuff.

I loved it when Bill Murray did the Lounge Singer act....

"Staaaar Wars, those nutty, Staaaar Wars

And if they baaaar wars

Then let those Staaaaar Wars

Staaaaaaaaay!!!!"

Did anyone see the star trek one where belushi was kirk and chase was spock. They pulled up the tv screen and were being followed by a car. Turned out the car was tv execs coming to cancel the show. Chevy tried the nerve pich and it wouldn't work. That was a good one.

The donuts commercial was good. I can still see belushi at the breakfast table with a donut and ciggy in his hand.

On a not so funny side remember the skit where belushi went to the graveyard and was the last living cast member. That one was so chilling after his death. How ironic. I'll bet evryone had an idea he might be the first to go when he did that. He was a dead head and nearly uncontrollanble partier from what I've read. I read where he and akroyd were so wired one day they had candice bergen locked in her dressing room afraid to come out.

Bar none, it's Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker. "Oh Dad, your son wants to be a writer. Well la-de-frickin'-da!" and "You'll have a lot of time to write when you're living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!"

LOL!

Oh yeah, I remember that one. He was great in that skit. Isn't it amazing how may people had their career launched by SNL. I have tried to watch it a few times in the last couple of years, but it is on it's last leg. I actually prefer MAD TV over SNL now, and that is not saying much. I do love that guy on MAD TV that does the John Madden impressions. He is hiliarious and sounds just like Madden.

"Just send for my new book, 'I Wanna Be a Ho'."

Velvet Jones! What a pimp. Murphy as buckwheat was by far the best..."unce, tice, fee times a mady. " Not many things in the histrory of television funnier than that.

I personally like 'hanz and franz' and 'subliminal man'.

Archived