GAME 7.

guerra aguila

Lakers are playing so bad to still be in the game, Celtics are old and washed up and still might win this series  :laugh:

If Celtics win game 7 in LA they should be the best team of the decade

I'd have to give the Spurs the edge on that IMO.

Yea I was being sarcastic, everyone at the beginning of this season said Celtics would not win because of their age, and yet they defeat the odds, and might even win tonight

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers are playing so bad to still be in the game, Celtics are old and washed up and still might win this series  :laugh:

If Celtics win game 7 in LA they should be the best team of the decade

I'd have to give the Spurs the edge on that IMO.

Yea I was being sarcastic, everyone at the beginning of this season said Celtics would not win because of their age, and yet they defeat the odds, and might even win tonight

AND since this is 2010, a new decade, I retract my previous statement and agree with you.  :thumbsup:

This has been one of the sloppiest games I have ever watched. I have seen better high school teams execute their game plan. However with it being sloppy it has been one of the MOST EXCITING games because of how close it is. Even though it is only close because the Lakers can't hit a free throw.

I hate both teams so this is not a biased opinion. This was a great game until the 4th. IMO, the refs have given the Lakers this one. And it doesn't hurt that Artest decided to go off.

the refs were against the celtics the whole series. horrible calls!

Refs were being refs. Bad calls going both ways. Some games they let them play and some games they didn't let them play.

Refs were being refs. Bad calls going both ways. Some games they let them play and some games they didn't let them play.

well IMO, i saw more bad calls on the celtics than i did the lakers. but i really dont care since all i care for is Auburn football!

Wow! Never thought Ron Artest would be the difference. We are talking about one of the most erratic players in the league yet he comes up big for LA.

2 observations:

1. I really didn't like the fact that LA took 21 free throw attempts in the 4th period alone. Especially when you compare it to the 17 the Celtics took for the game. If your goona let them play in the first 3 quaters, then there is no need to call it any different in the 4th.

2. I hear alot of people say that Kobe is in the same league as MJ. I grew up in the late 80s and early 90s and I hated MJ with a passion. With that said comparing Kobe to MJ is ridiculous. Yeah the titles are fairly comparable (6 for MJ to 5 for Kobe). But after watching them both in their primes, it isn't close. Coming into tonights game Kobe Bryant was shooting 33% in game 7s. After tonights performance that average fell even futher. As for MJ, well he never made it to game 7s because he always closed out the series in 6. Btw, if MJ wouldn't have retired in the middle of his prime MJ he would probably be 8-0 or 9-0 in the finals. When he walked away form the Bulls the last time he still had more in the tank.

well IMO, i saw more bad calls on the celtics than i did the lakers. but i really dont care since all i care for is Auburn football!

The Celtics gave the Lakers this game with all their 4th quarter calls. But yeah WAR EAGLE!

2. I hear alot of people say that Kobe is in the same league as MJ. I grew up in the late 80s and early 90s and I hated MJ with a passion. With that said comparing Kobe to MJ is ridiculous. Yeah the titles are fairly comparable (6 for MJ to 5 for Kobe). But after watching them both in their primes, it isn't close. Coming into tonights game Kobe Bryant was shooting 33% in game 7s. After tonights performance that average fell even futher. As for MJ, well he never made it to game 7s because he always closed out the series in 6. Btw, if MJ wouldn't have retired in the middle of his prime MJ he would probably be 8-0 or 9-0 in the finals. When he walked away form the Bulls the last time he still had more in the tank.

I agree. The only reason why Kobe is being compared to MJ is because of the number of rings he has but that shouldn't be the measure of a players greatness. MJ, IMO, was a better player too. However it would be interesting to have Jordan, Kobe and Lebron in their prime playing against one another.

I agree. The only reason why Kobe is being compared to MJ is because of the number of rings he has but that shouldn't be the measure of a players greatness. MJ, IMO, was a better player too. However it would be interesting to have Jordan, Kobe and Lebron in their prime playing against one another.

Yeah as much as I hated the guy, he was probably the greatest player I've seen in my generation. That is saying alot too because I watched Larry and Magic growing up as well.

If Ray Allen hits ANYTHING, the Celtics win this game/series/championship.

Sh(POOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)T!!!!!!!

Yeah I was really disappointed with Ray in the series. I mean we are talking about one of the premier shooters in the league. I really believe defending Kobe on the other end must have took its toll on him. He certainly had the looks for the most part.

Wow! Never thought Ron Artest would be the difference. We are talking about one of the most erratic players in the league yet he comes up big for LA.

2 observations:

1. I really didn't like the fact that LA took 21 free throw attempts in the 4th period alone. Especially when you compare it to the 17 the Celtics took for the game. If your goona let them play in the first 3 quaters, then there is no need to call it any different in the 4th.

lol , dont hate to much on Kobe now... hes the best closer in the game right now at 31. He still has a few years left to leave a legacy.

That boston defense was not going to let Kobe score... so he countered by getting to the free throw line and grabbing 15 boards.

Hes the only player to do that in a game 7 finals.

WOOT WOOT

MJ won with no help. Ppl say Pippen was great but what did he do when MJ wasn't there?

Scotty Pippen was better than any other role player on the Lakers... and no one will ever rebound the way Rodman did... I'd say having the the number one rebounder of ALL time is classified as having help. 

Now I agree that MJ was better than Kobe (not by much but he was), but to say he had no help is just plain wrong.

2 observations:

lol , dont hate to much on Kobe now... hes the best closer in the game right now at 31. He still has a few years left to leave a legacy.

That boston defense was not going to let Kobe score... so he countered by getting to the free throw line and grabbing 15 boards.

WOOT WOOT

Glad to see your excited about your boy getting another there GA. Not really hating on Kobe. I think he is one of the top players in the league. Yet to place him up there with MJ like many try to do is ridiculous.

Btw, not really following you on the Kobe is the only one to do that in a finals game 7. It can't be the rebounds because last night the said Bill Russel had like 30+ rebounds in a game 7.

And again hope you cherish the victory. Lakers victories against the Celtics in the finals are rare.  ;)

2 observations:

WOOT WOOT

Glad to see your excited about your boy getting another there GA. Not really hating on Kobe. I think he is one of the top players in the league. Yet to place him up there with MJ like many try to do is ridiculous.

Btw, not really following you on the Kobe is the only one to do that in a finals game 7. It can't be the rebounds because last night the said Bill Russel had like 30+ rebounds in a game 7.

And again hope you cherish the victory. Lakers victories against the Celtics in the finals are rare.  ;)

He was the only one to score 23 points and have 15 rebounds... that is what they said on ESPN... it didnt make much sense to me.

I wish I could see it again... but I swear I heard it.

unless I got my info mixed up.

Either way, Kobe has left his mark as one of the greatest players of all time... thats good enough for me.

Kobe even said he learned everything from Jordan... he took no credit whatsover for the win last night... he even admitted he coulnt do it with out his teammates.

In the end, a Championship is a team effort.

2 observations:

WOOT WOOT

I think either I misheard the news or the reported it wrong... The game 7 23 points and 15 rebounds was a career high for Kobe. That was one of the reports... so unless im missing something else... disregard what I said lol.

Thats cool. I knew at one point in the game last night they showed some of the all time great performances in games 7 and some of the numbers were just unreal. Seems like Russell had a 30 pt 30 rebound game. And Jerry West even had 40 pt, 20 rebound triple-double. Some of those old guys have records that probably will never fall.

Thats cool. I knew at one point in the game last night they showed some of the all time great performances in games 7 and some of the numbers were just unreal. Seems like Russell had a 30 pt 30 rebound game. And Jerry West even had 40 pt, 20 rebound triple-double. Some of those old guys have records that probably will never fall.

Everybody in the NBA is 7 feet tall now lol. Back in the day, a 7 footer was a rare thing if im not mistaken.

Yeah I believe thats was probably one of biggest factors in Wilt going for 100. Nobody was really able to match his size on the inside. However I will sat this about the oldies, I believe they were better shooters than the guys in todays game. Most of the guys today seem more interested in driving all the way to the basket instead of developing a 8-10ft pull up jump shot.

Yeah I believe thats was probably one of biggest factors in Wilt going for 100. Nobody was really able to match his size on the inside. However I will sat this about the oldies, I believe they were better shooters than the guys in todays game. Most of the guys today seem more interested in driving all the way to the basket instead of developing a 8-10ft pull up jump shot.

Oh for sure. There's a reason why NBA analysts say the mid-range game is dead. Nobody practices it, either they shoot a 3 or go all the way to the basket. Many players these days are more interested in dunking than developing any sort of jump shot.

Archived