GAME 7.

guerra aguila

Cant go against Kobe Tonight... although I expect the Celtics to play their best tonight... I cant see them taking this one in  Staples.

The Lakers need to turn Farmar and Brown loose again, those guys were all over the floor, and looked a step faster with those fresh legs.

In the end... I think/hope Kobe gets his 5th and Artest gets his first.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close game, Lakers pull through

Oh yeah its going to be a great game... Celtics wont just lay down in this game. They are going to come with everything they have.

Close game, Lakers pull through

Oh yeah its going to be a great game... Celtics wont just lay down in this game. They are going to come with everything they have.

Not having Perkins is really gonna hurt them, he's a good defender and rebounder. Lakers' size is gonna be an even bigger factor now

Yea, I agree that not having Perk is gonna make this even tougher. BUT this always the time the Celtics bounce back. When everyone (the media) begins writing them off like they have done all throughout the playoffs, the Celtics bounce back.

Celtics take this one... Kobe hits a shot with 4 secs left to put the lakers up by 2, but 4 seconds is to much time for Ray Allen, and he drains a 3 over Kobe... (& Artest & Gasol & Bynum & Fisher flops haha)... for the WIN!

Go Jesus Go

Guest auwrangler

i like basketball but am not as well versed in stategy and game theory. almost all sports have some interchangeable(sp?) things to go by though. i watched game 5 and didn't understand why the lakers were shooting with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. i mean, the celts were playing in the lakers jersey they were so tight on them. i said to my girlfriend that night, the lakers need to pass the ball better to tire down that hounding d. kinda like football, with the hurry up no huddle, and ball control smashmouth styles designed to wear an opponent down. low and behold phill jackson modified his triangle offense and slowed down the pace of the game. pierce and rondo were visibly gassed and the lakers are alive and await a game 7.

I am hoping the Celtics take it....but right now I am watching Mexico beating France.

:thumbsup:

i like basketball but am not as well versed in stategy and game theory. almost all sports have some interchangeable(sp?) things to go by though. i watched game 5 and didn't understand why the lakers were shooting with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. i mean, the celts were playing in the lakers jersey they were so tight on them. i said to my girlfriend that night, the lakers need to pass the ball better to tire down that hounding d. kinda like football, with the hurry up no huddle, and ball control smashmouth styles designed to wear an opponent down. low and behold phill jackson modified his triangle offense and slowed down the pace of the game. pierce and rondo were visibly gassed and the lakers are alive and await a game 7.

Not to say that your theory isn't right, but it has been noted that the main reasons for the laker blowout in game 6 was rebounding and fastbreak pts. Jackson and Rivers both said that all of the players looked gassed.

Key stat is rebounds for this series, every team that has won the rebounding battle has won the game through all 6 games.

Guest auwrangler

Not to say that your theory isn't right, but it has been noted that the main reasons for the laker blowout in game 6 was rebounding and fastbreak pts. Jackson and Rivers both said that all of the players looked gassed.

Key stat is rebounds for this series, every team that has won the rebounding battle has won the game through all 6 games.

that's a good stat. the loss of perkins may be bigger than i thought.

I think it all comes down to making shots for the Celts. They have held L.A under a 100 for the most part in the series and that is exactly what they needed to do. Gonna be a tight one. Hope these old guys got one more in them. BEAT L.A....BEAT L.A....BEAT L.A.!

I would love for the Celtics to win it, but I just don't see em beating LA in Staples again.

Kobe is too tough, and losing Perkins doesn't help at all. Lakers are tougher down low. Rebounds and transition win this game. I favor the Lakers.

Did you know, in NBA salary alone (not including endorsements) Kobe has earned over $171 million in 14 years. In 15 years KG has earned over $251 million! WOW!!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!

BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

Lakers are playing so bad to still be in the game, Celtics are old and washed up and still might win this series  :laugh:

If Celtics win game 7 in LA they should be the best team of the decade

Lakers are playing so bad to still be in the game, Celtics are old and washed up and still might win this series  :laugh:

If Celtics win game 7 in LA they should be the best team of the decade

I'd have to give the Spurs the edge on that IMO.

Archived