GAME 7.

guerra aguila

MJ IS better than Kobe, as a complete player. But Kobe is a far better shooter, a better closer, and a better scorer. Comparing Kobe's and MJs stats is not entirely fair: Kobe came straight from high school and didn't get to play much his 1st year. Also, MJ never played with a player as dominant as Shaq. Pippen was good, but he is closer to Gasol's caliber that Shaq's. And there was a player who played with MJ, who said that Kobe was a better player than MJ. Not sure who it was, because I guess he didn't want to be ridiculed, but that's what has been passed around on the web. Just Kobe being mentioned in the same discussion with MJ should prove what type of player he is.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MJ IS better than Kobe, as a complete player. But Kobe is a far better shooter, a better closer, and a better scorer. Comparing Kobe's and MJs stats is not entirely fair: Kobe came straight from high school and didn't get to play much his 1st year. Also, MJ never played with a player as dominant as Shaq. Pippen was good, but he is closer to Gasol's caliber that Shaq's. And there was a player who played with MJ, who said that Kobe was a better player than MJ. Not sure who it was, because I guess he didn't want to be ridiculed, but that's what has been passed around on the web. Just Kobe being mentioned in the same discussion with MJ should prove what type of player he is.

Far better shooter? No, they are about even. Better closer? Did you watch a game that went down to the wire when MJ was involved? He and Kobe are the greatest closers of all-time, neither is any better than the other at closing. Better scorer? Just look at my previous post, MJ was a much better scorer than Kobe

Since everyone has an opinion I'll let you know mine.  Kobe is better than MJ and to me it's pretty obvious

if you really think that is true, then ask stat tiger to run the stats between the 2. might be a few similarities, but kobe is by far not MJ caliber.

Shaq was the best player on the team for 3 of Kobe's titles. Mj was the best every year!

Not just the best. The best BY FAR. He averaged over 30 or 35 points in almost every playoff run throughout his career. There was a year where he swept the MVPs- Regular season, All-Star, and Finals. He's just on a different level

Did Shaq or MJ ever score 81 points in a game ? :tease:

Jordan                                         Kobe

PPG                   30.1                    >                      25.3

RPG                   6.2                      >                       5.3

APG                   5.3                      >                       4.7

Titles                   6                       >                        5

MVPs                   5                       >                        1

Finals MVPs           6                       >                        2

NBA 1st teams      10                      >                        8

NBA D 1st teams    9                       >                        8

Playoffs PPG        33.4                     >                      25.5

Playoffs RPG         6.4                      >                      5.2

Playoffs APG         5.7                      >                      4.8

Now i know Kobe isnt done yet, but as of now it looks like he has some ground to make up to catch up to Michael. Im not bashing Kobe, he's my favorite player in the NBA and the best, but I still think MJ is better than Kobe

Just throwing this out there... but perhaps Kobe is facing better athletes in his time?

Since everyone has an opinion I'll let you know mine.  Kobe is better than MJ and to me it's pretty obvious

if you really think that is true, then ask stat tiger to run the stats between the 2. might be a few similarities, but kobe is by far not MJ caliber.

Shaq was the best player on the team for 3 of Kobe's titles. Mj was the best every year!

Not just the best. The best BY FAR. He averaged over 30 or 35 points in almost every playoff run throughout his career. There was a year where he swept the MVPs- Regular season, All-Star, and Finals. He's just on a different level

Did Shaq or MJ ever score 81 points in a game ? :tease:

Jordan                                         Kobe

PPG                   30.1                    >                      25.3

RPG                   6.2                      >                       5.3

APG                   5.3                      >                       4.7

Titles                   6                       >                        5

MVPs                   5                       >                        1

Finals MVPs           6                       >                        2

NBA 1st teams      10                      >                        8

NBA D 1st teams    9                       >                        8

Playoffs PPG        33.4                     >                      25.5

Playoffs RPG         6.4                      >                      5.2

Playoffs APG         5.7                      >                      4.8

Now i know Kobe isnt done yet, but as of now it looks like he has some ground to make up to catch up to Michael. Im not bashing Kobe, he's my favorite player in the NBA and the best, but I still think MJ is better than Kobe

also ... not to be mean... but 5 points a game difference in scoring margin doesnt mean that much. Jordan did miss 20 shots in the 96 game against the Super Sonics... all superstars have their bad times.

Kobe is the best as far as...

well what good does it do? they will never face each other in their primes... so why bother arguing about it?

Far better shooter? No, they are about even. Better closer? Did you watch a game that went down to the wire when MJ was involved? He and Kobe are the greatest closers of all-time, neither is any better than the other at closing. Better scorer? Just look at my previous post, MJ was a much better scorer than Kobe

This Kobe/Jordan thing has struck a nerve... perhaps we should not even talk about this anymore.

This Kobe/Jordan thing has struck a nerve... perhaps we should not even talk about this anymore.

Im sure we'll hear about this enough on ESPN, so I think our work is done here  :cool:

Im sure we'll hear about this enough on ESPN, so I think our work is done here  :cool:

oh the media will always keep this going. thats a given. They just need to learn when to stop.

Better scorer? Yes. Same player who said Kobe was a better playere said that MJ neverscored 81 in a game, and he said yes, he tried.

Archived