GAME 7.

guerra aguila

Yeah I believe thats was probably one of biggest factors in Wilt going for 100. Nobody was really able to match his size on the inside. However I will sat this about the oldies, I believe they were better shooters than the guys in todays game. Most of the guys today seem more interested in driving all the way to the basket instead of developing a 8-10ft pull up jump shot.

Oh for sure. There's a reason why NBA analysts say the mid-range game is dead. Nobody practices it, either they shoot a 3 or go all the way to the basket. Many players these days are more interested in dunking than developing any sort of jump shot.

The 3 point mentality can ruin a players performance. Perhaps thats why players choose to shoot the three rather than pump fake... step in a couple of feet and knock down the easy shot.

Same way with dunks, if you can jump that high, lay it in... dont risk a rim out by clanking one 15 feet off the rim and embarassing yourself.

Seen it a million times. Even a couple of times in this series.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MJ won with no help. Ppl say Pippen was great but what did he do when MJ wasn't there?

Scotty Pippen was better than any other role player on the Lakers... and no one will ever rebound the way Rodman did... I'd say having the the number one rebounder of ALL time is classified as having help. 

Now I agree that MJ was better than Kobe (not by much but he was), but to say he had no help is just plain wrong.

Gasol, Artest, Fisher, Odom, and Bynum > Pippen, Rodman and LMAO Horace Grant, Luke Longley, Steve Kerr haha

Thats cool. I knew at one point in the game last night they showed some of the all time great performances in games 7 and some of the numbers were just unreal. Seems like Russell had a 30 pt 30 rebound game. And Jerry West even had 40 pt, 20 rebound triple-double. Some of those old guys have records that probably will never fall.

Yeah, those were some ridiculous stats... it made me question my post earlier...  Old records are always fun to look at.

MJ won with no help. Ppl say Pippen was great but what did he do when MJ wasn't there?

Scotty Pippen was better than any other role player on the Lakers... and no one will ever rebound the way Rodman did... I'd say having the the number one rebounder of ALL time is classified as having help. 

Now I agree that MJ was better than Kobe (not by much but he was), but to say he had no help is just plain wrong.

Gasol, Artest, Fisher, Odom, and Bynum > Pippen, Rodman and LMAO Horace Grant, Luke Longley, Steve Kerr haha

either you're dumb or you do drugs! thats straight blasphemy!

So you think the Bulls role players were better than the Lakers? Ok Kobe lover! I guarantee you that any NBA analyst will say Kobe had more help than MJ

sure, but i aint no kobe lover! i hate kobe. but whatever you were probably still diapers  back when jordan and the bulls were doing it up. there is no comparison, go ask a legit analyst and i bet they say the bulls were a better teams all around.  thats just fact.

sure, but i aint no kobe lover! i hate kobe. but whatever you were probably still diapers  back when jordan and the bulls were doing it up. there is no comparison, go ask a legit analyst and i bet they say the bulls were a better teams all around.  thats just fact.

They were better cause of Jordan! What did they do without him?

what would gasol, bynum, and fisher do without kobe? haha goes both ways.

I believe they went like 6-2 without him this year. I know they did pretty good without him.

So you think the Bulls role players were better than the Lakers? Ok Kobe lover! I guarantee you that any NBA analyst will say Kobe had more help than MJ

I happen agree that this current lakers team would be better than the "that" bulls team.

Never said that, but I'd like to remind you that you said Jordan had NO help... which is wrong.  I say having another hall-of-famer on the floor with you is a huge help.  I've said that Jordan was better than Kobe is, but just because you don't like him doesn't make you ignoring obvious facts OK.  The Lakers have a more rounded team than the Bulls did, but Jordan and Pippen both have seats in the NBA Hall-of-Fame and Rodman led the NBA in rebounds 7 years straight. 

Since everyone has an opinion I'll let you know mine.  Kobe is better than MJ and to me it's pretty obvious

if you really think that is true, then ask stat tiger to run the stats between the 2. might be a few similarities, but kobe is by far not MJ caliber.

Since everyone has an opinion I'll let you know mine.  Kobe is better than MJ and to me it's pretty obvious

if you really think that is true, then ask stat tiger to run the stats between the 2. might be a few similarities, but kobe is by far not MJ caliber.

Shaq was the best player on the team for 3 of Kobe's titles. Mj was the best every year!

Since everyone has an opinion I'll let you know mine. Kobe is better than MJ and to me it's pretty obvious

Shaq was the best player on the team for 3 of Kobe's titles. Mj was the best every year!

Not just the best. The best BY FAR. He averaged over 30 or 35 points in almost every playoff run throughout his career. There was a year where he swept the MVPs- Regular season, All-Star, and Finals. He's just on a different level

Kobe is better. MJ was first, so of course everybody will favor him when it comes down to the comparison... I like both of them, but I would take Kobe as a competitor/player over Jordan any day.

Not just the best. The best BY FAR. He averaged over 30 or 35 points in almost every playoff run throughout his career. There was a year where he swept the MVPs- Regular season, All-Star, and Finals. He's just on a different level

Did Shaq or MJ ever score 81 points in a game ? :tease:

I believe they went like 6-2 without him this year. I know they did pretty good without him.

They would be a playoff team without Kobe... they are just a championship team with him.

Did Shaq or MJ ever score 81 points in a game ? :tease:

Jordan                                        Kobe

PPG                  30.1                    >                      25.3

RPG                  6.2                      >                      5.3

APG                  5.3                      >                      4.7

Titles                  6                      >                        5

MVPs                  5                      >                        1

Finals MVPs          6                      >                        2

NBA 1st teams      10                      >                        8

NBA D 1st teams    9                      >                        8

Playoffs PPG        33.4                    >                      25.5

Playoffs RPG        6.4                      >                      5.2

Playoffs APG        5.7                      >                      4.8

Now i know Kobe isnt done yet, but as of now it looks like he has some ground to make up to catch up to Michael. Im not bashing Kobe, he's my favorite player in the NBA and the best, but I still think MJ is better than Kobe

Archived