RB Shon Carson from S.C.

AUBSC76

Tom Lemming of Max Preps recently released his Top 100. He places Shon Carson at #67 on his list and has Isaiah Crowell as his 90th best overall prospect. That is a far difference from the other major recruiting rankings. I don't know how much credence one can put in these rankings but once a kid enters college, the rankings are out the window and everyone is on the same playing field.

I think this kid's ranking will shoot up after the season starts.  Look at his numbers; they're outta sight!!!

There is a lot of good backs in this 2011 class... Auburn is targeting a good bit of them... I like their chances of coming away with to really solid backs.

Especially with the offensive talent Auburn has returning in 2011... year three will be clicking on all cylinders under the Gus Bus.

Tom Lemming of Max Preps recently released his Top 100. He places Shon Carson at #67 on his list and has Isaiah Crowell as his 90th best overall prospect. That is a far difference from the other major recruiting rankings. I don't know how much credence one can put in these rankings but once a kid enters college, the rankings are out the window and everyone is on the same playing field.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Tom Lemming's rankings anyway.

• 3 months later...

Shon Carson just committed to South Carolina per Scout.com and Chad Simmons.

No Surprise there.  I figured it was only a matter of time.

damn.  USCe might have the best group of running backs in the SEC next year now.  They are about 4 deep with very solid talent.

Not a lock for school though.  He is a very good base all player and could be drafted.

^^This^^  I believe he had Julio number 1 his year.

^^This^^  I believe he had Julio number 1 his year.

A lot of recruiting Analysts had Julio number 1 that year, Not just Lemming.

Carolina is just a hat on the table. It's a Tigers vs. Gators battle for Blakely. One which i am glad to say Auburn is winnin (even being said by Gators supporters).

IF Carson ends up playing football... LOOK OUT! This kid is a LIGHTS OUT athlete! He had a MONSTER game a couple of weeks ago with 248 yards on 20 carries and 3 TD's... and for the year he has 1,230 yards and 20 touchdowns in just 7 game! His Lake City HS team is 6-1 on the year, mainly b/c of Carson! USCe gottem a good one here... IF they can keep him, he'll be an asset to BOTH their FB and BB teams!

And YES, he IS a GREAT baseball player as well, and he reminds some folks of another 2-sporter that "knew" a thing or two about being "multi-talented"...

582257.jpg

• 7 months later...

@espn_OTT_FB

Shon Carson could bypass South Carolina for Cincinnati Reds

Guess everything worked out for the best. We ended up with Blakely and USCe got hosed...

How dare he disrespect the one and only almighty two sport athlete by striking the pose with shoulder pads and a baseball bat!!!!!!!

Blasphemy I tell you!!!!!!!  :devil:

@espn_OTT_FB

Shon Carson could bypass South Carolina for Cincinnati Reds

Guess everything worked out for the best. We ended up with Blakely and USCe got hosed...

Kid is an UNBELIEVABLE athlete! ALMOST sad to not be able to see how he'd do on the football field, but hey... maybe he'll play for a year or two and then transfer to AU like everyone else these days!  :thumbsup:

P.s. EXCELLENT use of the "SEARCH" function ua_bsci_04!!  :bow:

Haha, well, I told you that I was catching on to you.... :laugh: :laugh:

Are we still expecting another commit from BCW or was Philon the commit ST was talking about.

Philon didn't even come to BCW!  :) But I'd expect at LEAST one more to come in the next few days, possibly 1-2 after that!  ;)

:we:

Ricky Parks this week, with Geno Smith and Jaquay Williams to follow. I'm catching on to you DJ!!!!

My favorite thing about people using the search function is that I can see what everyone thought about the kid back in October  ;)

Archived