Totally Classless Cavs Owner

Holland's Fro

Look at what Dan Gilbert said about LeBron after he chose Miami

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

Completely classless. I hope Cleveland never wins a title ever. I hope the NBA removes this guy, this is not who you want leading a team. LeBron did everything he possibly could for that city and that team. I cant believe this...I hope LeBron wins multiple titles, and then points Gilbert out specifically, because he's a complete scumbag.

Saban > Gilbert

That's just ridiculous. I don't like the fact that Lebron didn't tell him he was leaving personally, but this is the absolute WRONG way to handle it. I don't watch nba so I have no idea if he did indeed give up but that should be addressed in the locker in private, not in national media. This guy reminds me a lot of a certain dwarfish man who dwells in the western part of this state

That's just ridiculous. I don't like the fact that Lebron didn't tell him he was leaving personally, but this is the absolute WRONG way to handle it. I don't watch nba so I have no idea if he did indeed give up but that should be addressed in the locker in private, not in national media. This guy reminds me a lot of a certain dwarfish man who dwells in the western part of this state

He seemed to sorta give up in the Celtics series. But he still led the team in points, rebounds, and assists. Hey, if he can do that when he isnt even trying, that shows you the help he got from his teammates...

He has a right to be that mad but you can't let that get out like that. I understand he wants Lebron to feel like crap for being a traitor but for God sake you can't let that get out to ESPN. Now he looks like a complete fool. 

I thought this was hilarious. Stern needs to step in and punish Gilbert before he does anything else. LeBron wasn't a traitor. He might've been a traitor to the fans but who really cares about the fans. They are fans for a reason. Yeah he was born in Ohio and was drafted by Cleveland but he did everything he could for them. Cleveland might not even have a professional team if it weren't for LeBron. They could be the team that resides in Oklahoma City.

But back to the topic, Cleveland WILL NOT win a title in the next 20 years and LeBron will win one next year as long as he can get by Kobe and the Lakers. End of story.

He would not have said this had James signed with the cavs. What a prick. Ohio sports and their fans are so awful, it is pathetic. Those fans burned James' jerseys, Ohio st will always lose against the good teams, the Indians SUCK, the Browns SUCK, the Reds are doing well now but I see them cooling off down the road, and Cincy's football coach left for Notre Dame... poor poor cleveland

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

"The self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south," Gilbert wrote. "And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James [and the town where he plays] will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."

Gilbert finished the letter by promising to put his focus on bringing a championship to Cleveland with the Cavaliers.

I'm tellin you the stuff this guy is on must be REALLY good.  He's a FOOL if he thinks they can outbeat the top 6 or 7 teams in the East....  They're roster doesn't have a whole lot of highlights in it right now.

And why would you promise to focus on winning a championship... isn't that what he should have been doing all along?  What a poo-nugget.  I'm REALLY glad LeBron is off in South Beach now.  Can't wait to see Miami beat the hell out of Cleveland.

I just don't get how you can rip a guy that improved the value of your franchise over 100 million dollars.

On the other hand, I think it is safe to say that Lebron quit against the Celtics. I couldn't believe more people weren't talking about that.

COMPLETELY CLASSLESS!!!!!!!!!! They won't ever win a title because NOBODY wants to play there. Dan Gilbert is acting like the little b!tch he is. LeBron doesn't owe the Cavs an ABSOLUTE THING!!!!! If anything, they should still be paying him for all the profit they made off of him alone. He especially doesn't owe Dan Gilbert anything at all and shouldn't have to tell him anything personally. They should feel very fortunate to have had him for the time they did in the first place. Nobody cares about Cleveland and he actually made the Cavs relevant again. He isn't a traitor by any means. He obviously loves that area but he has to do what is best for LeBron, not everyone else. How can you fault someone for wanting to better themselves? I'm totally on LeBron's side on this and for the fans that are burning his jerseys, need to seriously take counseling and get over it. What a bunch of crybabies. They are the traitors for turning their back on LeBron if you ask me, not the other way around. What did they expect? For him to stay there and never accomplish anything by himself with a delusional owner? I don't think so.

Gilbert also happens to be the owner of Fathead (the huge poster/sticker of players) and he made the LeBron fathead $17.41 because 1741 is the birthyear of Benedict Arnold. Gilbert is a nut, i wish him nothing but the worst

I find it humorous although extremely disrespectful. NBA is a business. Lebron has made it clear that he wants nothing but championships. That owner is naive if he thinks Cleveland is the place to be.

Archived