Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

AuburnBasketball - How does it look for us landing Trayvon Reed next year? I think this is the big man that Barbee has been missing. And I heard early on that we were in good shape...

AB hasn't posted since 1/10/13. Not sure why hopefully he/she will be back soon.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AuburnBasketball - How does it look for us landing Trayvon Reed next year? I think this is the big man that Barbee has been missing. And I heard early on that we were in good shape...

AB hasn't posted since 1/10/13. Not sure why hopefully he/she will be back soon.

Thanks, golf. I hope so too!

• 2 weeks later...

AUBB....what's the word on this big Canadian fella that is supposed to decide soon?

Who? Is this a 2013 prospect?

AUBB....what's the word on this big Canadian fella that is supposed to decide soon?

Matthew Atewe 2013 recruit 6'9/ 230. Between AU and Charlotte (the school, not the creative spider)

Matthew Atewe 2013 recruit 6'9/ 230. Between AU and Charlotte (the school, not the creative spider)

Oh I thought he was from Massachusetts. I know he has visited Charlotte, Nebraska and at Nevada today. I thought those were the programs he was most high on (according to 247). Don't think we manage to get a visit from him.

Oh I thought he was from Massachusetts. I know he has visited Charlotte, Nebraska and at Nevada today. I thought those were the programs he was most high on (according to 247). Don't think we manage to get a visit from him.

He is from Mass, via ATL, via Canada. Rivals says that he has previously visited AU and communicates with Ryan Miller and Barbee on a daily basis.

He is from Mass, via ATL, via Canada. Rivals says that he has previously visited AU and communicates with Ryan Miller and Barbee on a daily basis.

Folks on another board that usually know what they are talking about say it is a Nebraska/AU battle for Atewe.

I saw this posted on another board.

the recruiting process can often be a stressful and tiresome process for many division one athletes. not so much for notre dame prep (mass.) 2013 power forward matthew atewe, who’s getting ready to finally make his collegiate decision.

“it’s been good,” atewe told ny2lasports.com wednesday night. “just the fact that i’ve been able to talk to various different schools. it’s a good feeling to know all your hard work is paying off.

“it’s been kind of great. going from 40 schools and being able to cut it down to four and just having people surprised. that’s one thing i really like about the whole process.”

those surprises atewe alluded to emerged when the 6-9 forward chose auburn, charlotte, nebraska, and nebraska as his finalists over other offers from the likes of clemson, dayton, georgia tech, kansas state, marquette, and wake forest.

atewe broke down his four finalists with ny2lasports.com.

auburn: “their whole program. i like coach (ryan) miller and coach (tony) barbee. he’s produced a whole lot of draft picks in his coaching career. that’s one thing i’m looking into as well.”

charlotte: “just my relationship with coach (orlando) vandross. he’s a really good guy. we talk about stuff more than basketball. just the whole vibe of charlotte. when i was down there, i liked the hustle and bustle, but it can also be very quiet.”

nebraska: “just their playing style. i like coach (chris) harriman and coach (tim) miles as well. i like how they develop their players and i like their facilities as well. they have some of the best facilities in the nation.”

Nevada: “I like them a lot. They’ve been able to bring up a lot of pros in the NBA. That’s pretty good.”

Atewe will announce his decision on March 30. Just ten days before his announcement, the senior forward has yet to actually make a decision.

The four programs left on his list will make their final pitches with in-home visits. Auburn will be in to see the Toronto native on Sunday, followed by a visit from Nebraska later in the week. Atewe said either Charlotte or Nevada will get a final in-home visit with him as well.

“I’m doing a few visits, then I’ll figure it out soon,” he said. “It’s going to be cool. I’m going to be happy I’m going to be able to go to a university for free.”

Atewe played for the Northern Kings during the grassroots season.

Chris Griffen has set up an official visit for March 30th(same day Atewe announces). He signed with Wichita State out of HS before transferring to a JC after his freshman year.

http://rivals.yahoo....-Griffin-142602

Griiffen committed to Rutgers this past weekend.

Peter and Lois must be on the take. Wonder if Stewie got a new ride out of the deal.

Benas Griciunas apparently lit it up at the Jack Johnson Shootout all star game in Memphis. Led his team with 27 points, 5-6 from 3 pt line and won the 3 point shooting contest.

http://www.auburntig.../032613aaa.html

Would be nice to get a big guy who can hit from outside. The 6'10 kid from Duke (Kelley) gives everyone fits trying to figure how to cover him when he goes to the circle.

Benas Griciunas apparently lit it up at the Jack Johnson Shootout all star game in Memphis. Led his team with 27 points, 5-6 from 3 pt line and won the 3 point shooting contest.

http://www.auburntig.../032613aaa.html

Would be nice to get a big guy who can hit from outside. The 6'10 kid from Duke (Kelley) gives everyone fits trying to figure how to cover him when he goes to the circle.

Kentucky and Florida have big guys that can step outside and hit shots as well.

HUGE for the program. We needed a solid 4 guy, and Atewe will definitely be that guy. Adding length and a defensive presence. Between Atewe, Griciunas, and Delph, we are really adding some length. I'm liking it! Future looks bright. Great to hear Coach Miller is helping us out big time, also.

Yes, this was a big pickup for our basketball team. Barbee will now have a full roster next year, and we will finally have some guys with size! Lets see what he can do with it...

So that gives us ADT at 7', Benny right at 7', Delph right at 7' and this guy at 6'10 or so. Plus we add a PG that can score.

• 2 weeks later...

AUBB!!!!!! Where AAAAAAARREE YOOOOOOOOU....got a question. You got any insight on a potentially HUGE recruit AU might be hosting in the near future?

Archived