Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

I wonder why we were his only offer.....hmmmm....

See previous page. Had offers from Ga. Tech, TAMU, and Cincy according to Rivals.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Barbee is on the verge of turning this program into at least a consistent tourney team, but he really needs to start winning some recruiting battles. He is getting some good players here recently but he hasn't gotten any that was sought after by other big time schools.

I believe Barbee is on the verge of turning this program into at least a consistent tourney team, but he really needs to start winning some recruiting battles. He is getting some good players here recently but he hasn't gotten any that was sought after by other big time schools.

Both Price and Shaq Johnson were highly recruited by ACC and SEC schools. Shamsid Dean was offered by UConn and Butler; Benas Griciunas was offered by Ga. Tech and Washington State; Ronald Delph had offers from Texas A & M and Cincinnati This is a far cry of competing with East Podunk when Lebo was here. They are all very good basketball school who made offers. All of those teams that offered other than Auburn are NCAA Tournament teams recently. I'll take that.

Both Price and Shaq Johnson were highly recruited by ACC and SEC schools. Shamsid Dean was offered by UConn and Butler; Benas Griciunas was offered by Ga. Tech and Washington State; Ronald Delph had offers from Texas A & M and Cincinnati This is a far cry of competing with East Podunk when Lebo was here. They are all very good basketball school who made offers. All of those teams that offered other than Auburn are NCAA Tournament teams recently. I'll take that.

I stand corrected. Thanks

Perception is that we have missed on some of the bigger prospects and hit on the "projects".

ihatebammers ... i kinda look at it this way. at least we are in the running to miss on some of em. it has been a while since we have had this many top shelf guys even mention auburn during recruiting.

i do agree with you that i would like to see us hit on a higher percentage. we had a solid class last year. definitely has trended up since barbee showed up. hopefully that trend continues.

ihatebammers ... i kinda look at it this way. at least we are in the running to miss on some of em. it has been a while since we have had this many top shelf guys even mention auburn during recruiting.

i do agree with you that i would like to see us hit on a higher percentage. we had a solid class last year. definitely has trended up since barbee showed up. hopefully that trend continues.

Agreed, I'm encouraged that Barbee is going toe to toe with the big boys of basketball and will be excited when a few of these big names pick Auburn. I'm just glad to have something to take my attention off this wretched football garbage...WAR DAMN EAGLE!

AUBB, can you give us a brief overview (from your perspective) regarding the two new signees? Who would you compare them to? Are they similar players? Instant impact guys, or need some work?

Thanks for your input.

Okay we'll I don't know much on delph. He obviously needs to add weight first of all. He looks more like a defenseive minded player than offense. I believe he is probably a project.

From what I can tell Griciunas is a steal. Much better than he Is ranked. I think he will make an immediate impact. He comes from a great program and will be well prepared to play in the SEC. But he also needs to add weight. Good thing we got him signed because come spring he would probably be receiving alot of big offers.

There was a small article on Delph down here in Lakeland, FL. He thinks he can beat out Griciunas when he gets to AU. Picked AU because he can get playing time as soon as he gets here. He averaged 10pts/10rebounds in H.S. would be nice if he could get that many rebounds at AU every night.

There are some advantages to getting the really good players and not the elite players. Elite Players are often one year and then off to the Pro's. The really good players often stick around and develop team chemistry and by Junior Senior year those teams beat the teams that have one or two elite players and no chemistry. Kentucky is exception as they bring in all elite players.

Every year you see these smaller schools that have stayed together make long runs into the NCAA's I would love to see that happen then add an elite player to one of these teams and who knows maybe the big prize.

bring em on and let the competition begin. first they will need to beat out ADT ... i think he will be pretty good before the year is out (if not the SEC will eat him Up) If we can move ADT to the 4 and let these two guys work the 5 ... that could be some serious size on the floor at one time.

Archived