RORY MCILROY TIES SINGLE ROUND MAJOR RECORD AT ST. ANDREWS

Weegle777

St. Andrews did get alot of rain Wednesday, and as most of us know, the course set up on opening rounds are set that way for the players to take advantage of scoring opportunities. It also helped that the conditions were unusually calm and the greens were receptive. We will see how it goes when the course dries out and those Scottish winds start kicking up!

Those last two holes for Tiger could determine how the rest of the tournament goes for him.  Missed two short putts, one for par, and one for birdie on 18.  Does that make him scoul and pout, or put that ole' Tiger determination to work?  As much as I disrespect his personal decisions, I still cannot help cheering for him!!

St. Andrews did get alot of rain Wednesday, and as most of us know, the course set up on opening rounds are set that way for the players to take advantage of scoring opportunities. It also helped that the conditions were unusually calm and the greens were receptive. We will see how it goes when the course dries out and those Scottish winds start kicking up!

Couldn't agree more 777. Those were some fantastic scores even for an opening round.

Tiger has won the last two times he has played here.  The golf course sets up well for him.  I think he will factor into the weekend.  He just needs to make putts.  I hope Daly can stay competitive.  He has always been fun to watch.

Tiger has won the last two times he has played here.  The golf course sets up well for him.  I think he will factor into the weekend.  He just needs to make putts.  I hope Daly can stay competitive.  He has always been fun to watch.

Plus he's a great dresser

:laugh:  Jim Dunaway on CBS42 in Birmingham said he looked like he just finished painting somebody's nursery. 

Who?  Tiger or Rory?  I don't think any woman is going to let Tiger anywhere near their nursery!!

:laugh:  Jim Dunaway on CBS42 in Birmingham said he looked like he just finished painting somebody's nursery. 

Who?  Tiger or Rory?  I don't think any woman is going to let Tiger anywhere near their nursery!!

Daly.  Did you see his attire today?  :-\

Plus he's a great dresser

Yea true.  Very modern.  Old school = Payne Stewart.  Can't beat the knickerbockers.

Told you those Scottish winds would have their revenge!!! Rory shoots 80.

Archived