Chipper...

Jackson-Sullivan

Man I am going to miss him.  He was starting to find the groove again.  At least the last play he did was like old school Chipper out there.  Truly fantastic play he made. 

Honestly I'd rather send Glaus to 3rd and bring up Freeman to play 1st. Our bench stays intact and Freeman gets some major league experience before the playoffs

This is what I'd like to see happen, but with the way Glaus is moving these days, I doubt they are gonna do that.  I may be wrong, though.  I think Freeman may get the call regardless and am almost positive that if not then he will be here anyways when the rosters expand.  I wish he could play third but he said he hasn't since HS.  I think they will most likely put Prado at third and Infante to second.  Either that or get someone like Figgins off waivers.

I've heard rumors that they are indeed looking at Figgins. And you're right Glaus isn't moving all that well lately so that might be a bad idea. We could also stick Hinske there. He won the 2002 Rookie of the Year there so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. At least this team does have options

I've heard rumors that they are indeed looking at Figgins. And you're right Glaus isn't moving all that well lately so that might be a bad idea. We could also stick Hinske there. He won the 2002 Rookie of the Year there so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. At least this team does have options

Very true.  I think they really need to get some more pop in that lineup now, one way or the other.

If Chipper's ACL is torn there is no doubt in my mind that he will never play again.

I had a very bad feeling like I just saw his last play ever when he hurt his knee.  Now, unfortunately, it looks like it may come to fruition.

Agreed. We've got some great hitters, but now only three guys who really have good pop in their bat, being Hinske, Diaz, and McCann, and McCann is the only one of them who is an everyday player. Heyward and Glaus can smash it when they're on but that's not always the case. Regardless of what they do I want them to promote Freeman. He has quite a bit of pop plus I want him to have a bit of experience before being thrown into the playoffs. I'm sure he could move around a bit, especially with veterans at 1st and 3rd.

Honestly I'd rather send Glaus to 3rd and bring up Freeman to play 1st. Our bench stays intact and Freeman gets some major league experience before the playoffs

This is what I'd like to see happen, but with the way Glaus is moving these days, I doubt they are gonna do that.  I may be wrong, though.  I think Freeman may get the call regardless and am almost positive that if not then he will be here anyways when the rosters expand.  I wish he could play third but he said he hasn't since HS.  I think they will most likely put Prado at third and Infante to second.  Either that or get someone like Figgins off waivers.

^^This^^ is exactly what I am hearing wirh Brooks playing twice a week. Remember Brooks can also play 2nd base.

^^This^^ is exactly what I am hearing wirh Brooks playing twice a week. Remember Brooks can also play 2nd base.

Which are you refering to golf? Glaus to 3rd and freeman at 1st, Prado at 3rd and Infante at 2nd, or claim Figgins off of waivers?

Which are you refering to golf? Glaus to 3rd and freeman at 1st, Prado at 3rd and Infante at 2nd, or claim Figgins off of waivers?

Highlighted...My bad I was in a hurry

Aight thanks. I thought that was what you meant, it sounds the most like a Bobby move. Still, I want to give Freeman a bit of experience. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do at least, I just wish they didn't have to

"it sounds the most like a Bobby move"

^THIS^  Many people second guess the man all the time.  I refuse to do that, myself.  He's one of the best managers of all time!  We'll see, though.  If the $'s right then they may go after someone via waivers.

Aight thanks. I thought that was what you meant, it sounds the most like a Bobby move. Still, I want to give Freeman a bit of experience. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do at least, I just wish they didn't have to

Freeman is tearing up the International League. They really want to keep him at Gwinnett until the roster can increase. I just don't know if they can wait until then. They need a good bat now.

Freeman is tearing up the International League. They really want to keep him at Gwinnett until the roster can increase. I just don't know if they can wait until then. They need a good bat now.

Yep.  He's proving he deserves that shot.  I think he may really be the real deal.

Archived