Tim Tebow........

kevon67

I just read where Tim Tebow may miss last preseason game due to rib injury. I cant say I didnt see the injury coming; If anyone witnessed the shot he recieved the other night, you have to wonder how a rib wasnt cracked.

Forgive me please!!!! I am a Tim Tebow fan. I get so tired of people questioning his faith, ability, etc........(Most media, noone here)

The shot Tebow recieved was from a helmet shot to the ribs. My question is; Helmet shots are illegal correct? Regardless if its helmet to helmet or otherwise  :dunno:

I thought the NFL was going to crack down on this type of contact.

I for one hope Tebow has a stellar career and proves all nay-sayers totally wrong!!!!

There I said it and you may never read another post where I give a Florida player such niceties

I don't know about the helmet thing but you nailed it. He took quite a shot there and I'm surprised nothing's broken. As for Tebow, he's gonna do great. He has that "it" factor, and that's all that matters.

Off topic sort of? I predict Dylan Favre will have a great career at MS State.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are certain players who really stand out aside from just talent.

Watching Favre play his senior season and passing for 5900+ yards and 63 touchdowns, while rushing for 1200yrds. Dylan has that special it factor. Dan Mullin touched on that special leadership quality that Dylan brings to MS State.

Dylan catches flack for being 5'10. I find it hard to believe that rivals etc.. could watch him play and only give him 2 or 3 stars  :bow: (Stars are over-rated).

I hope State looses to us everyyime we play, dont get me wrong. Dylan like Tebow is one of those players I hope prooves all the nay-sayers wrong.

Quote me when I say Dylan will be a name remembered at State as one of the great QB'S in their history.

I know helmet to helmet is illegal of course but not sure on the NFL's exact ruling on helmet contact in general. But having said that, I believe that Tebow was just unlucky; he jumped right into the tackles.

Tebow's got game baby.

If you are an NFL qb and you run toward the endzone attempting to score, you are what is known as a target. It wasn't a dirty hit, it was a hit. These are DB's who get paid to make those hits and they aren't going to pull up for anybody. This is not a Tebow comment it is an NFL comment. Those are some big mean men.

:laugh:  I realize that, having played for a number of years.

I guess my question is was it a legal hit, I know helmet to helmet is not legal, just wondering if that particular shot was legal?

Dont get me wrong, I know its not 2 hand touch below the waist  :rolleyes::P

Just more proof he's the real deal. Gets a rib injury, continues the gane, and STILL runs over a guy and scores a touchdown.

I guess my question is was it a legal hit, I know helmet to helmet is not legal, just wondering if that particular shot was legal?

He got popped for sure, but he's a tough man. If it were me, I'd be thinking PASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

He got popped for sure, but he's a tough man. If it were me, I'd be thinking PASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

no, if it were you, you'd be thinking puff, puff, passsssssssssss!!!!!!

Looks like I'm just in time  ;D

Joking aside, I personally don't think the hit was illegal :dunno:

Depends on what time it was. :tease:

Where two or more in agreeance, so mote it be  :laugh:

I confess I guess I feel bad for the non-Tiger. I would like to see him succeed at the next level.

I promise not to baby him anymore.  :tease:

You run the ball you take the hit!! His body wont last long, then again look at Bret Favre.

Kev, I have no doubt that he was kind of a "marked" man too. Anybody else who was that high profile would have been treated the same way. I gotta tell you though, there is a part of me that wonders if his style of play is made for success and longevity in the league. This was among his first series of steady plays and this happens? Again, no personal statements about Tebow, just his style of play. He's a big guy, getting bigger all the time, so are his opponents. All of the defense's he faces are going to be headhunting. It's just part of the game.

I think Tebow is the modern day Steve Young, just bigger. When Young was in college, his throwing motion was horrible and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Tebow seems like a clone of Young. Y'all will think I am crazy for saying this, but I think Tebow will be the starter by midseason or a little thereafter.

I think Tebow is the modern day Steve Young, just bigger. When Young was in college, his throwing motion was horrible and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Tebow seems like a clone of Young. Y'all will think I am crazy for saying this, but I think Tebow will be the starter by midseason or a little thereafter.

So you think it takes this to make think you're crazy? :tease:

Good point! You guys knew that from my first post in the asylum way back when.  ;D

Good point! You guys knew that from my first post in the asylum way back when.   ;D

;)

Kev, I have no doubt that he was kind of a "marked" man too. Anybody else who was that high profile would have been treated the same way. I gotta tell you though, there is a part of me that wonders if his style of play is made for success and longevity in the league. This was among his first series of steady plays and this happens? Again, no personal statements about Tebow, just his style of play. He's a big guy, getting bigger all the time, so are his opponents. All of the defense's he faces are going to be headhunting. It's just part of the game.

Sooooooo very true.

I dont think the hit was intentional, nor do I believe it was Buddy Ryan initiated.

I cant believe how big guys are these days  :o Not only big, but big and fast.

I can remember in 1986, when an ideal size for a QB was 6'4 210. Not any more.

Archived