Honeybees and our extinction...yikes!

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but where in the above mentioned article does it talk about the the extinction of the Earth? 

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but where in the above mentioned article does it talk about the the extinction of the Earth? 

I don't think he meant for both to be in the same article.  He was using IF P, THEN Q logic based on a previous article he read about the relationship between the extinction of bees with the extinction of the Earth.

but the staement is false if q is false even if p is true.  Although the statement could be true if p is false, because then q doesn't matter.

but the staement is false if q is false even if p is true.  Although the statement could be true if p is false, because then q doesn't matter.

Touche'

Touche'

;)

What about B?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf0i_hy4F_YKJiXOQvCnrx1KxtywhLuDFVHYWiAsr2CQqtpZU&t=1&usg=__P3nljr7fQXgmf6FgX6qpi93Abe8=

What about B?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf0i_hy4F_YKJiXOQvCnrx1KxtywhLuDFVHYWiAsr2CQqtpZU&t=1&usg=__P3nljr7fQXgmf6FgX6qpi93Abe8=

Yeah, it was bad. I got up early.....that's my excuse.    :dunno:

Yeah forgive my ignorance on the subject also as some of what I think is what I've heard from others.  The shock of it just hit me when I realized the other day I had barely seen a honeybee this summer when I used to see them everywhere when I was a kid and could barely keep from stepping on one a lot of times.

Here's another link and if you google you can find lots more.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5604401.ece

Yeah forgive my ignorance on the subject also as some of what I think is what I've heard from others.  The shock of it just hit me when I realized the other day I had barely seen a honeybee this summer when I used to see them everywhere when I was a kid and could barely keep from stepping on one a lot of times.

Here's another link and if you google you can find lots more.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5604401.ece

You may be confusing yellowjackets with honeybees.

Colony collapse disorder(CCD) is very real, and the honey bee is intimately tied to much of our agriculural.  They're cheap and pollinate better than almost any other option. That being said the use of parthion, although very harmful, would not cause such widespread devastation, especially in countries that have banned its use.  I reccomend, if you are interested in CCD checking out these links.

Virus Implicated In Colony Collapse Disorder In Bees

HISTORICAL PRESENCE OF

ISRAELI ACUTE PARALYSIS

VIRUS IN THE UNITED STATES

This article is pretty technical

Colony collapse disorder(CCD) is very real, and the honey bee is intimately tied to much of our agriculural.  They're cheap and pollinate better than almost any other option. That being said the use of parthion, although very harmful, would not cause such widespread devastation, especially in countries that have banned its use.  I reccomend, if you are interested in CCD checking out these links.

HISTORICAL PRESENCE OF

ISRAELI ACUTE PARALYSIS

Why in the heck do you supposedly know so much about bees??

HISTORICAL PRESENCE OF

ISRAELI ACUTE PARALYSIS

I did some of research on CCD while in school. I have done a lot of the DNA sequencing, insertions, and deletions that were mentioned.

HISTORICAL PRESENCE OF

ISRAELI ACUTE PARALYSIS

I did some of research on CCD while in school. I have done a lot of the DNA sequencing, insertions, and deletions that were mentioned.

An insertion. What kind??

DNA insertions. Unfortunately it's not what you're thinking about. Its about the insertion of a certain triplet in the coding of a strand of DNA to cause a mutation. Not the bird and the bees type of DNA insertion

DNA insertions. Unfortunately it's not what you're thinking about. Its about the insertion of a certain triplet in the coding of a strand of DNA to cause a mutation. Not the bird and the bees type of DNA insertion

Maybe you should stay biomedical sciences and drop engineering  :thumbsup:

Archived