Cothron

casatiger

Saw that he was enrolling at UMASS.  If that is the case, then why could he not get into Auburn????

I haven't heard that twist yet. Last thing I heard he was going to Europe to play in a developmental league.

A NCSU recruiting guru is tweeting that he is enrolling at UMASS.  Since he originally committed to NCSU, I guess they have been keeping tabs on him.  It looks to me like there have been several programs working really hard to get him into school. 

A NCSU recruiting guru is tweeting that he is enrolling at UMASS.  Since he originally committed to NCSU, I guess they have been keeping tabs on him.  It looks to me like there have been several programs working really hard to get him into school. 

Nothing on the UMASS website about him signing.

I don't know how all this officially works, but would this be allowed by the NCAA?  He signed with Auburn, couldn't get into school, then somehow gets in to another D1 school?  I know that different schools have different requirements/standards, but wouldn't Auburn have to release him or something?  Maybe we already have, I don't know.  I would think if there is a chance to get him qualified, that we would be trying to help him get in, as well.

I don't know how all this officially works, but would this be allowed by the NCAA?  He signed with Auburn, couldn't get into school, then somehow gets in to another D1 school?  I know that different schools have different requirements/standards, but wouldn't Auburn have to release him or something?  Maybe we already have, I don't know.  I would think if there is a chance to get him qualified, that we would be trying to help him get in, as well.

Not sure either. I don`t think he ever officially enrolled in school so that may enter into it. Also, after not qualifying and being denied admission, not sure if we have to release him but if so I`m sure it was done. I would think with what was said and presumed about his Prep School academics and other questions that we are done with him. Again, that is all personal thoughts with nothing in concrete to back it up.

Saw that he was enrolling at UMASS.  If that is the case, then why could he not get into Auburn????

A few conferences still allow partial qualifiers.

A partial qualifier has to sit a year and be a non participant I believe. Can`t imagine him doing that. I don`t know if this is that type situation anyway. These dang privacy rules are maddening sometimes.(joke) I know why they exist. just saying.

I don't think he has to be released. He was denied admission by AU, not the NCAA. They can't hold him away from other schools if they wouldn't allow him in I don't think.

Thanks.  I wasn't aware that the NCAA wasn't involved in his non-qualifying with us.  I hate to see him go, but it does make me proud that we would pass on a guy this talented if everything is not on the up-and-up.  I love to see Auburn successful, but I am not a "win at all cost" type of person, and believe that character should count for something.

I don't think he has to be released. He was denied admission by AU, not the NCAA. They can't hold him away from other schools if they wouldn't allow him in I don't think.

Thanks.  I wasn't aware that the NCAA wasn't involved in his non-qualifying with us.  I hate to see him go, but it does make me proud that we would pass on a guy this talented if everything is not on the up-and-up.  I love to see Auburn successful, but I am not a "win at all cost" type of person, and believe that character should count for something.

He was cleared by the NCAA and appeared he was going to be approved by Auburn but they obtained additional information on some issues that caused them to back off.

Archived