Our Offense

doug3020

When the MSU players were interviewed after the game last week they stated that they knew what play we were going to run. I brushed those comments aside until tonight. I think CU knew a lot of the plays we were going to run. I know every team has tendencies but ours are obvious. Just want to know your thoughts concerning this.

In the first half, it looked like our O line did NOT know what play was called ............

I felt like the O line was kinda soft at times tonight, especially in the first half.  Clempson's D line was just overpowering our O line for the majority of the first half.  It just looked like they had zero aggressiveness.  I want those guys out there playing angry.  They picked it up in the second half, but a veteran line like that needs to play for 4 quarters, and not two.

And we can't have any procedure penalties playing at home.  You just can't do that.

When the MSU players were interviewed after the game last week they stated that they knew what play we were going to run. I brushed those comments aside until tonight. I think CU knew a lot of the plays we were going to run. I know every team has tendencies but ours are obvious. Just want to know your thoughts concerning this.

And yet they both lost if that were true it shows the talent level of our team to win...I know it seems like it and they did on a few occassions, but overall we have not been blocking well on the Run Block schemes. Hey I know we have a lot to work on, but if we were to win ugly 14 times this year that is fine with me. Myself I have enjoyed the intensity, heart, and determination our players give on the field. War Eagle

In the first half, it looked like our O line did NOT know what play was called ............

I believe the confusion was caused by defensive alignments and assignments. Teams have figured out our offense and are calling the right defensive plays to counter.

I thought the playcalling was questionable by Malzahn

Although after the game he said he wasn't pleased with the "hot and cold" offense.

I think EVERYONE knows we run at least one reverse on every set of downs.

We have become predictable in some ways, if we change it up we can win more games.

Archived