2014 Players Leaving (Updated: 7/20/15)

WarEagleAU

I'm not sure what those guys are thinking. Frost is very close to being NFL ready but isn't there yet. If he gets one more year under him, he could be drafted high. I don't get why these guy don't see the benefit in playing under Boom.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what those guys are thinking. Frost is very close to being NFL ready but isn't there yet. If he gets one more year under him, he could be drafted high. I don't get why these guy don't see the benefit in playing under Boom.

Another season...another defensive scheme, another position to learn and another year of getting their butts chewed by vocal fans for not catching on quick enough. I hate for them to leave early but there is lots to consider ...including the possibility of injury which is usually the primary explanation for an early departure.

With all the players leaving ....seniors, early departures or whatever it's going to be interesting to project who will be starting with AU takes the field in Atlanta.

Why the heck is it that we're the ones who always seem to have the players who know that they won't get drafted high go pro early? Seriously, it's the worst of both worlds--the player leaves, and we won't get any recognition from them being drafted high. Think Darvin Adams...

Well, they haven't declared for the draft yet, soooo..

its kind of stupid to me that they would. Neither will be taken high enough and both will be back here finishing their degree's wishing they were able to play ball

I don't blame them for asking the NFL for their opinion on the matter. Because, again, that's all they've done so far.

CBS/NFLDraftScout.com does not even rate Frost or McKinzey:

NFL Draft Prospects

On an unrelated note, I am beginning to believe redshirting any highly regarded freshmen is no longer a good move. We see what redshirting Greg Robinson gained us. Better to use these freshmen either on special teams, or in the playing rotation. We could have used Greg in 2011 like we used Braden Smith this year and Shon Coleman last year.

CBS/NFLDraftScout.com does not even rate Frost or McKinzey:

NFL Draft Prospects

On an unrelated note, I am beginning to believe redshirting any highly regarded freshmen is no longer a good move. We see what redshirting Greg Robinson gained us. Better to use these freshmen either on special teams, or in the playing rotation. We could have used Greg in 2011 like we used Braden Smith this year and Shon Coleman last year.

This is exactly correct.

i dont think frost would even be drafted or sign as a free agent. cass might get a free agent chance. both could possibly next year. no way they go. they are smarter than that.

i dont think frost would even be drafted or sign as a free agent. cass might get a free agent chance. both could possibly next year. no way they go. they are smarter than that.

Bates did not get drafted, as a senior, and he was a better player than both of them.

Bates did not get drafted, as a senior, and he was a better player than both of them.

Daren Bates was 5'10.5 and 210 pounds. He did not have the physical attributes to play LB in the NFL, therefore whether he was "better than them" (which I don't agree with in the first place) and still undrafted is a pointless statement.

Both Frost and McKinzy took a big step back when the defense fell apart. It shouldn't be that surprising. Go re-watch the KSU game which Frost absolutely dominated...and that was against a good opponent. He can play.

Daren Bates was 5'10.5 and 210 pounds. He did not have the physical attributes to play LB in the NFL, therefore whether he was "better than them" (which I don't agree with in the first place) and still undrafted is a pointless statement.

Both Frost and McKinzy took a big step back when the defense fell apart. It shouldn't be that surprising. Go re-watch the KSU game which Frost absolutely dominated...and that was against a good opponent. He can play.

Bates may not have the physical attributes of Frost and McKinzey, but I stand by the statement that Bates was a better football player. Watch the Arkansas game and see where Frost was. Be like trying to find Waldo.

How is it a pointless statement when Bates plays LB in the NFL?

LINK

@JoelAEricksonAU

Both Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy are considering the possibility of entering the NFL Draft a year early, Frost said.

Changed them to average.

This is just idiotic. We've had this culture around Auburn for years where mediocre players jump and fail. I'm ashamed to admit a lot our fan base encourages this type of thing.

LINK

@JoelAEricksonAU

Both Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy are considering the possibility of entering the NFL Draft a year early, Frost said.

Changed them to average.

Another season...another defensive scheme, another position to learn and another year of getting their butts chewed by vocal fans for not catching on quick enough. I hate for them to leave early but there is lots to consider ...including the possibility of injury which is usually the primary explanation for an early departure.

With all the players leaving ....seniors, early departures or whatever it's going to be interesting to project who will be starting with AU takes the field in Atlanta.

Interesting? That's the word you chose? Not "disastrous" or "catastrophic"? Frost & Mckensie get cut, blame Auburn. AU defense has to start from scratch. Idiotic is a good word also.

:-\

LINK

@JoelAEricksonAU

Changed them to average.

This is just idiotic. We've had this culture around Auburn for years where mediocre players jump and fail. I'm ashamed to admit a lot our fan base encourages this type of thing.

LINK

@JoelAEricksonAU

Changed them to average.

Interesting? That's the word you chose? Not "disastrous" or "catastrophic"? Frost & Mckensie get cut, blame Auburn. AU defense has to start from scratch. Idiotic is a good word also.

I've been getting slammed for suggesting that guys should not go early...so now that I've been converted looks like I'm wrong here too. BUT, I think both guys are pretty smart and it's likely that both will have their degrees soon and that is a primary reason for being at AU. If the odds are against playing in the NFL...and they have their degrees....??? Lots of things to consider.

How is it a pointless statement when Bates plays LB in the NFL?

He is a special teams stud. His linebacker days are over.

Screw the NFL being a college football coach is where the money is! Go to the NFL play 5 or 6 years at the most or put the time in and make a lot more money over the long term!

Screw the NFL being a college football coach is where the money is! Go to the NFL play 5 or 6 years at the most or put the time in and make a lot more money over the long term!

It is not that easy to become a college Football coach. Look at how many play ball versus How many coaches low percentage and then only DIV 1 coaches make the big bucks most just make a living doing something they love.

It is not that easy to become a college Football coach. Look at how many play ball versus How many coaches low percentage and then only DIV 1 coaches make the big bucks most just make a living doing something they love.

And can walk normal when their 60 also.

Both linebackers will be better pro than college linebackers, both will be drafted. The more players we put in the NFL the better for recruiting. Wish them both the best no matter what they decide.

Both linebackers will be better pro than college linebackers, both will be drafted. The more players we put in the NFL the better for recruiting. Wish them both the best no matter what they decide.

I wish them all the best but it is pretty clear that another year in college would help their careers. No doubt

This would not be smart for either one of them. They are both really athletic and have a lot of talent, but they would probably not even get drafted if they went to the NFL and would have to try to make a team, and if they don't, then what? One more year under Muschamp's defense, they will get publicity and they will be coached by someone that will utilize their talents and have a much better shot at the NFL a year from now. If they leave, our defense will struggle. We need a lot of LB talent, and them not returning will hurt. The most experienced player we would have returning would be Anthony Swain and Tre Williams. Swain is good, but that's not much experience combined.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the real issue here. There is no guarantee Frost and/or McKinzy would start at Auburn next year or even get a lot of playing time. A new coach, a new system, CWM may choose to go with the younger guys or LBs who pick up his schemes better. Williams, Swain, Garret, Holland, et al may be more coachable. Boom is a lot more interested in winning games (as he should be) than preparing marginal players for a pro career. So KF and CM's value could actually be less next year if they have a less productive senior season.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the real issue here. There is no guarantee Frost and/or McKinzy would start at Auburn next year or even get a lot of playing time. A new coach, a new system, CWM may choose to go with the younger guys or LBs who pick up his schemes better. Williams, Swain, Garret, Holland, et al may be more coachable. Boom is a lot more interested in winning games (as he should be) than preparing marginal players for a pro career. So KF and CM's value could actually be less next year if they have a less productive senior season.

i don't think they have much to lose.

Archived