2014 Players Leaving (Updated: 7/20/15)

WarEagleAU

Nobody seems to be picking up on the real issue here. There is no guarantee Frost and/or McKinzy would start at Auburn next year or even get a lot of playing time. A new coach, a new system, CWM may choose to go with the younger guys or LBs who pick up his schemes better. Williams, Swain, Garret, Holland, et al may be more coachable. Boom is a lot more interested in winning games (as he should be) than preparing marginal players for a pro career. So KF and CM's value could actually be less next year if they have a less productive senior season.

I believe we are at least a year away from having ANY linebackers close to the level of Frost & McKinzy. I don't think this is an issue.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both linebackers will be better pro than college linebackers, both will be drafted. The more players we put in the NFL the better for recruiting. Wish them both the best no matter what they decide.

This is just funny.

I think they should come back, but I believe McKinzy would get drafted in a decent spot no questions asked. There aren't many guys out there who are that big and can run that well. He is NO DOUBT an NFL player.

I think they should come back, but I believe McKinzy would get drafted in a decent spot no questions asked. There aren't many guys out there who are that big and can run that well. He is NO DOUBT an NFL player.

I too, believe Cass would have a better chance to be drafted. The thing he needs to consider is if he is drafted by a team not in the south, there will be no Chick Fil A close and he would have to do without until he played a team from the south. This could be a real concern for him.

Yes, I am just kidding.

Bates did not get drafted, as a senior, and he was a better player than both of them.

Daren Bates was 5'10.5 and 210 pounds. He did not have the physical attributes to play LB in the NFL, therefore whether he was "better than them" (which I don't agree with in the first place) and still undrafted is a pointless statement.

Both Frost and McKinzy took a big step back when the defense fell apart. It shouldn't be that surprising. Go re-watch the KSU game which Frost absolutely dominated...and that was against a good opponent. He can play.

This

Does anyone know what the deadline is to submit your paperwork for NFL Draft Evaluation is?

All I know is 1/15/15 is the deadline to declare for the draft. No clue how long the evaluation takes. This article was interesting, though:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445687/article/number-of-underclassmen-requesting-draft-grade-dips-sharply

The thing that stands out is that a lot of guys who are already planning to come back are getting evaluations anyway. The gnashing of teeth by many on this thread over the guys who are merely getting evaluations was already crappy and stupid, but that little tidbit could make it look even more so.

Also interesting to me was this, from another article referenced in the one above:

Over the three-year period from 2012-14, the board was accurate on 73.7 percent of its first-round grades and 85.4 percent of its second-round grades, with most of the misses being slight ones. Conversely, the accuracy rate dropped to 52.9 percent on third-round grades, and nearly 53 percent of those receiving a third-round grade or lower went undrafted.

I'm not sure if the NFL was telling guys on the bubble, "You look like a 3rd rounder, but we're only right half the time."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365987/article/nfl-implementing-changes-to-address-underclassmen-issue

Both Frost and McKinzy took a big step back when the defense fell apart. It shouldn't be that surprising. Go re-watch the KSU game which Frost absolutely dominated...and that was against a good opponent. He can play.

Did the defense take a big step backward because Frost and McKinzy fell apart, or did Frost and McKinzy take a big step backward when the defense fell apart? No matter what came first, the chicken or the egg, I don't see the NFL being very interested in either.

Did the defense take a big step backward because Frost and McKinzy fell apart, or did Frost and McKinzy take a big step backward when the defense fell apart? No matter what came first, the chicken or the egg, I don't see the NFL being very interested in either.

especially frost. He has made some great plays but not consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

AY staying

@JLeeAU21: Avery Young will return to AU for his senior season. Never seriously considered leaving, but requested feedback anyway.

i assumed as much.

AY staying

@JLeeAU21: Avery Young will return to AU for his senior season. Never seriously considered leaving, but requested feedback anyway.

Thanks. I was away for the rest of day. OP updated.

It's still isn't clear on rather Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy are leaving early or not. The only guys we are sure about is Sammie is leaving and Duke is staying.

It's still isn't clear on rather Kris Frost and Cassanova McKinzy are leaving early or not. The only guys we are sure about is Sammie is leaving and Duke is staying.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago where Young said he was staying? He said he requested an evaluation to find out what he needs to work on to improve his stock for next year.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago where Young said he was staying? He said he requested an evaluation to find out what he needs to work on to improve his stock for next year.

Yes, he is staying.

Archived