2014 Players Leaving (Updated: 7/20/15)

WarEagleAU

@McKinzy30

I had a talk with God, and God said no cass. No cass don't go. Everything is possible through him. He has the last say so.

whether it was God or someone else it's the right choice.

This.

wde

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad we'll have both starting LB's back.

Good move by both of them IMO. I know the big money is a temptation but patience is a virtue.

They are going to go from undrafted free agents to somewhere in the first 3 rounds with a pile of guaranteed money because our defense is going from worst in the SEC to one of the top. It was a very good decision by them and also a good day for the Auburn Tigers. Win win.

They are going to go from undrafted free agents to somewhere in the first 3 rounds with a pile of guaranteed money because our defense is going from worst in the SEC to one of the top. It was a very good decision by them and also a good day for the Auburn Tigers. Win win.

You obviously haven't done your homework. They are both passing up good money in this year's draft to stay. Don't take that lightly

You obviously haven't done your homework. They are both passing up good money in this year's draft to stay. Don't take that lightly

Quoting Ron White.....

"Why did God just tell me to leave a six pack and a plate of nachos on the floor before I go to sleep?"

This is kind of sacrilegious but pretty funny.

That's good news. I think the extra year and improvements on D will help their stock rise.

I understand Sammie's leaving. He has been someone who has been watched over the past two years and is described by many sports writers as a "freak" (in a good way of course).

That's good news. I think the extra year and improvements on D will help their stock rise.

I understand Sammie's leaving. He has been someone who has been watched over the past two years and is described by many sports writers as a "freak" (in a good way of course).

Someone(s) at AU should be getting credit for developing Sammie....came as a last minute signee who, as I recall, had his best offer from Southern Miss and soon is leaving with his degree and a possible pick in the first couple rounds of the NFL draft. Good work by the AU coaching staff and by Sammie to push himself to make it to this level.

We hear all the time about bama sending its 5* recruits to the NFL....but IMO, real coaching and teaching in college is about sending 2* and 3* guys like Daren Bates, Dee Ford and Sammie Coates off to the NFL.

Someone(s) at AU should be getting credit for developing Sammie....came as a last minute signee who, as I recall, had his best offer from Southern Miss and soon is leaving with his degree and a possible pick in the first couple rounds of the NFL draft. Good work by the AU coaching staff and by Sammie to push himself to make it to this level.

We hear all the time about bama sending its 5* recruits to the NFL....but IMO, real coaching and teaching in college is about sending 2* and 3* guys like Daren Bates, Dee Ford and Sammie Coates off to the NFL.

Shhhhh! 64, you know Chizik is the one that had to approve Coate's scholarship offer. It's not socially acceptable to say anything that might be favorable to the only Auburn head football coach to win a national championship in the last 58 years!

I'd say most of his development occurred under Malzahn and Craig. Wouldn't you?

2012 - 6 receptions, 114 yards, 2 TDs

2013 - 42 receptions, 902 yards, 7 TDs

2014 - 34 receptions, 734 yards, 4 TDs

Chizik and his staff did a nice job identifying talent and recruiting it, but I'm not sure it's a coincidence that lots of guys (Sammie, Dee, Greg, Tre, Cass, Kris, etc.) made major leaps in production after that group left. Gene was the perfect coach for the 2010 group, and he gave us an amazing year. Not a great track record of coaching guys up after that season.

You have a good point mcgufcm, but also the fact that as he got older and the guys in front of him started to leave due to their eligibility being finished, his jump in production was bound to happen. He didn't see the field much in 2012 because there were other WR options that were probably better than he was at the time.

You have a good point mcgufcm, but also the fact that as he got older and the guys in front of him started to leave due to their eligibility being finished, his jump in production was bound to happen. He didn't see the field much in 2012 because there were other WR options that were probably better than he was at the time.

And don't forget who was the OC in 2012...there was not much offense for anyone. And as noted, we hope to see improvement from one year to the next.

People are always talking about "coaching 'em up" and I was just noting that AU has done a fairly decent job with some under-appreciated recruits the past few years.

Kris Frost is returning:

Kris Frost@Frost4Life 2m2 minutes ago

After much praying and thinking I will be returning for my senior season I love the Auburn family and I look forward to next year! WAR EAGLE

0 replies 0 retweets 14 favorites

OP updated. Thanks!

4 out of 5 draft-eligible underclassmen will return to Auburn next season! (Duke Williams, Kris Frost, Cassanova McKinzy and Avery Young)

War Eagle!

4 out of 5 draft-eligible underclassmen will return to Auburn next season! (Duke Williams, Kris Frost, Cassanova McKinzy and Avery Young)

War Eagle!

Good for us this season, but hopefully in the coming years our juniors will be getting higher draft evaluations :)

(Not the reason Duke's coming back, though, IMO)

Archived