Duke Williams

RunInRed

Remember when quite a few people were saying pass on him during the recruiting? This is why you fight for top guys, impact like this

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/140374-duke-williams/page__st__18 "Arkansas didn't pay much attention to Williams at times, and even used a linebacker against him in pass coverage in the first half." Seriously Bret? This was one of the biggest hyped receivers in Auburn in a while, top JUCO player, was plastered all over the place about his Spring Game, and what kind of spring and fall he had and you put a LB on him. Not smart IMO. I know he lined up in the slot a bunch but still that's just setting your players up for fail.

http://stats.al.com/cfb/teamstats.asp?team=0075&report=teamhome

Auburn's Duke Williams turns in royally good debut

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) D'haquille "Duke" Williams felt the love from Auburn fans after his first big catch.

The chants of "Duke" cascaded from the stands for the junior college transfer who turned in a sensational debut with the sixth-ranked Tigers in Saturday's 45-21 win over Arkansas and got louder as the game went on.

"It just made me feel like they love me," Williams said. "I never thought I'd have a chant like that. When they chanted that, I caught the chills. My heart just started beating faster. I'm just like, there's no way 90,000 just chanted my name. I ran to the sidelines and just had to take a seat, put a towel on my head and start thinking, `It's really here. Everything I worked for.'"

might be going too far but he might go down as auburn's best wr in history....

After one game? Seriously? Yeah, that is way too far.

Let the man play a big time game before he's the best ever. He still has to prove he's the best on the team

might be going too far but he might go down as auburn's best wr in history....

After one game? Seriously? Yeah, that is way too far.

yeah got caught up in the moment,for one year wr's he will for sure though lol

http://www.aufamily....ms/page__st__18 "Arkansas didn't pay much attention to Williams at times, and even used a linebacker against him in pass coverage in the first half." Seriously Bret? This was one of the biggest hyped receivers in Auburn in a while, top JUCO player, was plastered all over the place about his Spring Game, and what kind of spring and fall he had and you put a LB on him. Not smart IMO. I know he lined up in the slot a bunch but still that's just setting your players up for fail.

what the? A LB? pssh....smh..he learned his lesson,all yall dc's out there, call your plays but you wont be able to stop the Dukemeister!

playing him in the slot is a nightmare for defenses. They can't really sacrifice their best cover guy with Coates, Ray, Louis, or Uzomah on the field too. Coates and Ray can burn deep, Louis could get big yards after the catch, and Uzomah will be wide open between the hashes. There is no way a LB can keep up with Duke, and if you bring a safety down or over to help, hello deep ball.

Remember when quite a few people were saying pass on him during the recruiting? This is why you fight for top guys, impact like this

No, I don't remember anyone saying we should pass on the #1 JUCO prospect in the country, particularly when the guy has no baggage like some have. That must have occurred in your dreams because I didn't see any Auburn fans wanting to pass on him.

No, I don't remember anyone saying we should pass on the #1 JUCO prospect in the country, particularly when the guy has no baggage like some have. That must have occurred in your dreams because I didn't see any Auburn fans wanting to pass on him.

+1

One thing we didn't see him do Saturday is go up for a ball amidst a few defenders. Never had the chance because we never threw a go route or a long jump ball to him. Have heard so much, will be interesting to see how he goes up and gets it

Well you and your +1 buddy should go to his recruiting thread and read because when he committed to lsu it was one thing then he committed to us and it was all good and then word was coming out he wasn't firm with us and he was lsu's to lose and yeah the this guy is playing games and if he doesn't want to be here who needs him crew came through like they do EVERY recruit that doesn't unequivocally pick Auburn the first week that they can do.

Two things about it a forum records all posts so that can't be disputed and number two I'm not going to lie about anything on a football board

Well you and your +1 buddy should go to his recruiting thread and read because when he committed to lsu it was one thing then he committed to us and it was all good and then word was coming out he wasn't firm with us and he was lsu's to lose and yeah the this guy is playing games and if he doesn't want to be here who needs him crew came through like they do EVERY recruit that doesn't unequivocally pick Auburn the first week that they can do.

Two things about it a forum records all posts so that can't be disputed and number two I'm not going to lie about anything on a football board

There's always a few douche bag who get but hurt when a guy wavers. The overwhelming vibe was we wanted him.

It seems like nothing good can happen on the board without someone digging up someone who said something negative about the player involved. Well, ok you were right and that small minority of idiots were wrong. Kudos, thanks for bringing it up.

Well you probably should put a little more attitude towards the people that have stuff to say in the first place......but like I said my original point is some guys really impact a game and that's why you fight for recruits throughout and not abandon them when they don't sign early

Archived