Glad to be home , safe and off the roads

AURaptor

Maybe it's just me, and having dumb luck to be around crazy folk on the road at the wrong time , but this week has been brutal.

One guy ( 1 hand on wheel, other holding his phone ) is driving next to me and swerves into my lane, to avoid the stopped traffic he doesn't notice in front of him. I had to brake and adjust my path to avoid him, then give a quick tap of my horn, indicating " Hey, stay the hell in your own lane ! " and he had the nerve to stare ME down, as if I had just cut him off ! I see this, and signal him to hang up and drive. He speeds up and tries to stare me down again... still with his phone in his hand ( never mind that is illegal, btw. Might as well have an open container. )

Then, a frumpy older lady , driving behind me , gets too impatient because I didn't turn left fast enough for her, as the oncoming traffic would have made me floor it , lays on her horn. I look back, and she's literally got both hands raised up to the side her head, so furious that she has to wait anther 10 seconds while the oncoming cars go by and allow me to turn. I wave at her, and she quickly fumbles for her mobile phone , and starts to take a photo of my license plate !!!

:roflol:

Seriously ? I didn't flip her off, I didn't show her a gun, or even make a gun symbol w/ my finger or thumb. I laughed and waved, the sight of her was too comical.

I then turned and went on my way, and didn't see her again. Hope I don't get a call from the cops !

( Actually, I hope I do. it's too damn funny )

I almost got rear ended coming down the hill on E. University. I wasn't stopping or anything. Just looked up in the rear-view mirror and this girl in a CRV is flying at the back of my car (I was doing between 35-40). She has her phone up high so I can see her texting. If I would of been turning or had to stop for any reason, hell even just slow down she would of plowed me. Then despite almost running into the back of me she continues to text and drive.

Type of thing is why I laughed at the cop that gave me a ticket last time claiming it was for the safety of individuals. Like my 5 mph over was a danger compared to the majority of drivers.

I've been cursing about it on my way to and from work all week long. "This was supposed to be a calm week of light traffic!"

She has her phone up high so I can see her texting. If I would of been turning or had to stop for any reason, hell even just slow down she would of plowed me. Then despite almost running into the back of me she continues to text and drive.

See it more and more , texting and talking on the phone, while driving.

I'd have honked my horn. I've done that, a time or two, and always get the same " what !, me ? " look back from the other person.

But in addition to the texting / phone issue, this week has been brutal. It think the combo of holidays, terrorism and the crappy economy are all contributing to folks just being pissed off .

I dont think the terrorism really plays that much into it. I think it is that people are just crappier and more selfish and the holidays. I don't see anyone talking about that, its all about trying to get stuff for the holidays be it for gifts or cooking or whatever. I'd agree with the economy also. I would put up growing tensions between our own citizens before the terrorist thing.

Acts of terrorism in this country tend to pull people together more than push them apart is why I think that.

But there's been no attacks here. It's Paris, it's Turkey & Russia. Etc..

Ya, and look how Americans pulled together to back France in the news, social media, at sporting events etc etc.

People are just more selfish now, and more concerned about the other things that are involved with the holidays in America now than family. Watch how people on cell phones treat service industry employees for example. Those same people drive and view other drivers the same way lol.

Well, my experiences were with in a couple of days. One was mobile phone related, the other wasn't. It just seemed noteworthy , but it could just be random freaky folks being careless / amped up, or something.

Be glad you're not driving for a living. It's absolute insanity everywhere I go.

I'm out in it quite a bit. This week was a rough one.

* still no call from the cops, btw.

Archived