H. Res 1761

Justin5

See below, or see attachment.

COSPONSORS, ALPHABETICAL [* = original cosponsor]: (Change sort: by date, by party)

Cosponsor Statistics: 7 current (includes 7 original)

Rep Aderholt, Robert B. [R-AL-4] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Bachus, Spencer [R-AL-6] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Bonner, Jo [R-AL-1] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Bright, Bobby [D-AL-2] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Davis, Artur [D-AL-7] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Griffith, Parker [R-AL-5] - 12/14/2010 *

Rep Lewis, John [D-GA-5] - 12/14/2010 *

H.RES.1761

Whereas Cameron Newton graduated from Westlake High School in College Park, Georgia, in 2007; (Introduced in House - IH)

HRES 1761 IH

111th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. RES. 1761

Congratulating Auburn University quarterback and College Park, Georgia, native Cameron Newton on winning the 2010 Heisman Trophy for being the most outstanding college football player in the United States.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

December 14, 2010

Mr. ROGERS of Alabama (for himself, Mr. LEWIS of Georgia, Mr. BACHUS, Mr. ADERHOLT, Mr. BONNER, Mr. GRIFFITH, Mr. DAVIS of Alabama, and Mr. BRIGHT) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Education and Labor

RESOLUTION

Congratulating Auburn University quarterback and College Park, Georgia, native Cameron Newton on winning the 2010 Heisman Trophy for being the most outstanding college football player in the United States.

Whereas Cameron Newton graduated from Westlake High School in College Park, Georgia, in 2007;

Whereas Cameron Newton became Auburn University's starting quarterback in 2010;

Whereas Cameron Newton became the first player in Southeastern Conference history and only the eighth player in National Collegiate Athletic Association Football Bowl Subdivision history to achieve over 2,000 yards passing and over 1,000 yards rushing in a single season;

Whereas the Auburn University football team finished the regular season with a 12-0 record;

Whereas the Auburn University football team won the Southeastern Conference Championship game by a score of 56 to 17 over the University of South Carolina;

Whereas Cameron Newton accounted for 6 touchdowns, 4 passing and 2 rushing, in the Southeastern Conference Championship game;

Whereas the Auburn University football team is ranked number one in both the Bowl Championship Series and Associated Press rankings;

Whereas Cameron Newton was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year for 2010;

Whereas Cameron Newton was named the Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year for 2010;

Whereas Cameron Newton received the Maxwell Award for the Collegiate Player of the Year in 2010; and

Whereas Cameron Newton was named the 76th winner of the 2010 Heisman Memorial Trophy for the most outstanding college football player in the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives congratulates Auburn University quarterback and College Park, Georgia, native Cameron Newton on winning the 2010 Heisman Trophy for being the most outstanding college football player in the United States.

hres1761.PDF

Any time we can get those folks to do something other than spend our money it is a good thing.

Any time we can get those folks to do something other than spend our money it is a good thing.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment of the resolution, I was thinking, "Doesn't Congress have better things to do?"

Then I read your comment. Good job, Congress!

Not to bash the bureaucracy, but I could have done this in 2 sentences that made a hell of a lot more sense. Oh, wait....I mean Whereas not to bash the bureaucracy, but I could have done this in 2 sentences that made a hell of a lot more sense.

Glad I'm paying taxes so our government can spend money congratulating people with lengthy documents and resolutions.

Not to bash the bureaucracy, but I could have done this in 2 sentences that made a hell of a lot more sense. Oh, wait....I mean Whereas not to bash the bureaucracy, but I could have done this in 2 sentences that made a hell of a lot more sense.

Glad I'm paying taxes so our government can spend money congratulating people with lengthy documents and resolutions.

Quit whining. This resolution is incredibly important and pressing business, and it only cost you $4.7 million!

Nice yall. Take a nice honor, and turn it into political bitching.

When you actually start appreciating things, life become a lot more pleasant.

Nice yall. Take a nice honor, and turn it into political bitching.

When you actually start appreciating things, life become a lot more pleasant.

Congress doesn't exist to bestow honors.

When you understand your role in life and don't act like the royal caste you get to stay in Washington.

My life is quite pleasant without involvement from D.C. I have plenty to appreciate, and none of it comes from meaningless time-wasters in DC. Cam and AU already earned the honors.

"Not yours to give". Look it up, if you're interested.

Thanks for posting Justin! WDE! :cheer:

Your welcome. And in case TigerInHeat was wondering, I had no part of this. Just thought I would share.

Thanks for posting Justin! WDE! :cheer:

+1

+1 more :thumbsup:

I'm as pissed about D.C. as the next person, but there is nothing wrong with a quick vote to publicly honor someone for their accomplishment in society.

Archived