Miss St wants to enter the stadium race

BZ770

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2010/06/mississippi_state_considering_davis-wade_stadium_expansion.html

GREENWOOD -- Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin says the university is working with a Kansas City architecture firm on a master plan for expanding Davis-Wade Stadium.

Stricklin says Populous -- formerly HOK Sports -- is working with MSU on a 20-to-25 year plan that would have a 75,000-seat football stadium on campus in Starkville.

The Greenwood Commonwealth reports that Stricklin told an alumni group in Greenwood this week that 25 years ago the stadium sat 30,000. He says now average attendance is about 55,000.

He says he's not sure what the plan will look like yet but knows there is a huge demand for premium seating. He says skyboxes, club level seats and chair-back seats all have waiting lists.

It's about time they get a SEC worthy stadium

I'm glad for MSU.  They need this and IMHO deserve it.  Whose fans would you rather come into your house???  UAT fans, LSU fans, UGA fans, or MSU fans....

They can ring their cow bells all day.  I'll pull for them as long as they are not playing us!

I like the enthusiasm and effort their new coach is bringing, but in the end I think Miss St. will always

just be on the outside looking in..

Why the heck would it take 25 years to build a stadium??

I was thinkng the same thing. A 20-25 year plan...wow

It will take 25 years to grow the population base and the alumni base in Ms. to fill that many seats. Jackson, the state's largest city is roughly the size of Huntsville,Al.

if you've ever dealt with large construction, you are aware it takes much time to build a structure outright, never the less to modify an existing one.  A few things would drive the long project.  1.  FUNDING.  MSU isn't exactly packing the house with 100k every saturday.  2.  scheduling.  Think they can add 20k seats in one off season?  no.  They may have something subtle like 1 project every 5 years.  Pay for it as you go kind of deal.

haha, all this means is that some type of plans (but more likely just talk) has been mentioned at a board meeting. Most of these board meeting have immediate plans, next 5-10 years, and then future plans. 

Now if Miss. State start talking about exspandign their small stadium, then why in heavens name can't get the ball rolling and exspand Jordan-Hare.

Now if Miss. State start talking about exspandign their small stadium, then why in heavens name can't get the ball rolling and exspand Jordan-Hare.

There has to be a demand for seats before you expand, or else the stadium will look bad on TV.

Weegs this is a pet thread subject of his. Anything remotely containing logic or reality is totally ineffective. Save yourself the time and trouble.

I see, thanks brotha!

Weegs this is a pet thread subject of his. Anything remotely containing logic or reality is totally ineffective. Save yourself the time and trouble.

^^This^^ also his love for Jay Jacob and our easy schedule of pasties.

Students at State don't have to pay for tickets.  They're free. 

Now why would they be adding on?

I have been there before... aint a lot of room to expand. It would take quite some time if you ask me.

I think it's a Master Plan........... :cool:

• 3 years later...

Archived