Personal foul = bull**** call

I agree, but, the WINNING team deserves a little bit more "praise". After all, WINNING is the goal. B)

Good luck the rest of the way. Win 'em all. (It will help with our Strength of Schedule) ;)

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

How SWEET it is ! ! !

The rule change this year was that it would become a personal foul and they wanted it to be a point of emphasis. The rule has been around for a few years in the NFL but not in college until this season.

Ban me if you want, mods...

great game by both sides...but that was complete bull****.

That game should be in OT as we speak.

Way to go refs.

And Ronnie Brown had a TD taken away that makes your point MUTE!

It is an instant classic

I agree! A classic like many of the AU/Corndog games before it. Two great smashmouth defenses. What a great win for Auburn! I'm totally exhausted!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

Amen! And I have to get up at 5:30 and go to work!

The rule change this year was that it would become a personal foul and they wanted it to be a point of emphasis. The rule has been around for a few years in the NFL but not in college until this season.

oh yeah that is what i was thinking about.

Is it just me or is everyone else gettting tired of the "corndog" stuff.

That having been said, it is not like LSU has not won some games on questionable calls over the years. If they were the better team they had plenty of opportunities to put the game away yesterday but our defense just would not let it happen. Our Tigers had more bad breaks last year than any team I can remember while everything seemed to go LSU's way. Things have a way of evening out over time. I got the feeling that even if the game yesterday had gone into overtime that AU had the momentum and would have won it anyway.

Yeah if were talking about calls.. There were lots of calls against Auburn that I thought shouldn't have been called..

10-9

My prediction was right.. I said 21-20 but at least its by 1 like I said..

TU21, That locker room had to be ROCKIN' after the game. Fill us in brother!!

epidomy

Check the Websters.

Ever lost a close game? It hurts. We lost and it is a tough one to swallow. Congrats to yall. I think I am legit by not coming on here and cussing Auburn. I think the personal foul call was crap, though.

Good game, Auburn.

Uh...see AU/UGA, two years ago.... :angry:

The word is "moot."

Is that a cow joke? :lol:

Ever lost a close game? It hurts. We lost and it is a tough one to swallow. Congrats to yall. I think I am legit by not coming on here and cussing Auburn. I think the personal foul call was crap, though.

Good game, Auburn.

Uh...see AU/UGA, two years ago.... :angry:

Ole Miss, 03?

USC was pretty close in 02, wasnt it? I missed it on TV but caught the 4th Q on the radio.

Personal foul call was not crap, its to prevent serious injury. It should have been a rule a long time ago. Saban knew about it, he should have made them practice with it in mind. It sucks that it happened, but it was a good call.

He stepped out at the four. It was obvious. They showed many different angles. Plus, if he hadn't stepped out: He fumbled the ball out of the endzone! 1st and 10 LSU>

I think the thing with JC that we all saw is that he made the big throws. We all (even those of us who defended him) figured that, when put in the situation, he couldn't make the big throws. I do not remember him ever doing that in a tight spot, so we all wondered could it ever happen.

I know last year, when we were in a situation like we were yesterday, having to drive down the field for the win, I would cringe.

I started having an eery feeling yesterday, but JC proved my feeling wrong. He proved that he can make the big throws when he needs to against the best defense we will play with most pressure he has ever had. I think that says a lot about JC.

one, gots ta disagree with you there brother. i always thought jason could do what he did in the final drive b/c he's done it before. ole miss last year, he made the throws. florida in 02, he made plays the entire second half. he can win big games... he just finally got a break to win one.

the call was legit whether you believe it or not. i watched saban's tv show, and he said the same thing. he said he didn't like the rule, but it is a rule nonetheless so it was a proper call. just a tough way to lose a game. but i think you lost it on 4th and 12 anyway (and yeah, we know what that feels like... uga 02).

Thats true.... He has done it before. Now, he has done it three times. It looks like he is going to form a habit.

Congrats to Auburn. Ya'll played a great game. Great victory for your program. Those last 4 minutes were very tough to watch and heartbreaking on my part. We had many chances to put you away, but your defense kept you in the game and would not let us. Our offense really stinks right now, but I give your defense credit. Your team made one more play than my team (I ain't blaing the ref) and won the game. We have won many games like that in the last few years and it is very TOUGH to lose one like that. Good luck the rest of the year. GEAUX LSU!!

Archived