2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Jordan is a rb from the Memphis, TN area and AU hasn't currently offered since they want to evaluate him in person first.  He's a 6'1 205lb freight train that isn't easily taken down by contact. He's fast, shifty, and has great field vision. He's a great all around rb that has good hands.  Besides the Dye kid I hope our coaches go hard after him.  obviously, I don't have film or profile to post but if someone does please post it.  WDE!!!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior highlights

Sophomore highlights

This kid has outstanding field-vision, plus he is very shifty, with good speed and is difficult to bring down.  What's not to like?

I hope we are pursuing this guy.

WDE

This kid has outstanding field-vision, plus he is very shifty, with good speed and is difficult to bring down.  What's not to like?

I hope we are pursuing this guy.

WDE

One small thing not to like is not once did he put the ball in his right arm when running to the right side.  He also didn't look comfortable running to the right for some reason.  He always tried to cut it back left.  Other than that, which is correctable, he is a stud. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wilkins received an offer from AU tonight by Luper!

War Eagle!

And apparently told him he is our #1 target at RB. 

I read somewhere that this guy has had a couple of different "favorites" so far during the process and that Vandy has come on strong due to the fact that they offered to let his brother transfer in so that they could play together.  Sure enough, on Vandy's website Trey Wilkins is listed on the roster.  I hope that this is something that can be overcome but it sure would  be tough imo.  On the upside, he named us in his top three with Arky and Vandy before we had even offered him.  Just thought I'd pass along what I read.  BTW I read that on an Arky board so TIFWIW.  War Eagle yesterday.  War Eagle today.  War Eagle FOREVER!!

So we are not redshirting players anymore?

"As of right now I really like coach (Scot) Loeffler, I think he's a coach I'd love to play for. He doesn't redshirt anybody and I think they'd give me a chance to play early."

I think that's a little exaggerated, but the coaches obviously promote competition from the start, including freshman. I think we can all agree, and CGC has confirmed many times, that spots aren't assured and that they are going to play the best at every position regardless of age.

So we are not redshirting players anymore?

"As of right now I really like coach (Scot) Loeffler, I think he's a coach I'd love to play for. He doesn't redshirt anybody and I think they'd give me a chance to play early."

Chizik always says he doesn't redshirt players. If they prove they can contribute then they'll play right away, if not then they'll redshirt. They redshirt themselves.

Try not to copy and paste premium info next time.  :cheers:

This^^^

It is okay to paraphrase an article, but we can not allow the posting of Premium articles.

Woo! Hoo!  I'm glad AU finally offered. JW is a kid I can see as a game changer.  He's strong, doesn't go down easily, seem to catch the ball well, and has good speed and burst.  He's my number 1 RB for this class since Ty Isaacs has committed to the Trojans.  I hope he comes to BCW. 

Not sure if this has been posted but Wilkins is Wisconsin's and Michigan's #1 target at RB right now too.

Not sure if this has been posted but Wilkins is Wisconsin's and Michigan's #1 target at RB right now too.

Too bad they're not in the SEC.  :P

That tells you something.

yep....UM views him the same way i seem to...he's basically Ty Isaac with better hands but not the top end speed.

KK, I think that is a pretty fair trade off. I'd rather a back that can catch out of the backfield than one that can outrun everyone on the field. He is shifty enough and has good enough speed to be an excellent SEC back.

Gotta say that although Wilkins' film is impressive my favorite back in this class is Tyshon Dye. With the direction that our offense is beginning to move I think that he along with 2012 signee Jovon Robinson could be superstars in the future for us.

Archived