Help with the board

AA

I got the same question over on the AU Recruiting Forum about the "latest content" or "first unread post" last night, but since WarTiger already answered that one on this thread lets take the opportunity to have a:

ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL TECHNICAL AUFAMILY QUESTIONS

Here's a post I made concerning posting videos for those into that sorta thing:

I'll take a shot at explaining how to embed videos from al.com on this board.

Choose "Get Code" from the bottom of the player. Copy the HTML code. To post onto the board, simply choose either "Reply to this topic" at the top of the thread or choose "More Reply Options" next to "Post" on the bottom of the thread. Then, add any comments, etc. and paste the code you copied.Important: Select "Enable HTML" on the right-side of the full editor. Note: If you preview your post, the video may not show up at first, but if you refresh the page it should be there.

RunInRed may know an easier way, but this is the only way I know to post those videos.

Like I said in another thread, YouTube videos are easy. Simply copy the URL and paste it directly into your post.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the same question over on the AU Recruiting Forum about the "latest content" or "first unread post" last night, but since WarTiger already answered that one on this thread lets take the opportunity to have a:

ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL TECHNICAL AUFAMILY QUESTIONS

Here's a post I made concerning posting videos for into that sorta thing:

I'll take a shot at explaining how to embed videos from al.com on this board.

Choose "Get Code" from the bottom of the player. Copy the HTML code. To post onto the board, simply choose either "Reply to this topic" at the top of the thread or choose "More Reply Options" next to "Post" on the bottom of the thread. Then, add any comments, etc. and paste the code you copied.Important: Select "Enable HTML" on the right-side of the full editor. Note: If you preview your post, the video may not show up at first, but if you refresh the page it should be there.

RunInRed may know an easier way, but this is the only way I know to post those videos.

Like I said in another thread, YouTube videos are easy. Simply copy the URL and paste it directly into your post.

Ha! If I'd waited a second, I could've read the directions instead of trying to remember them!

:slapfh:

Is there a way to a hyperlink?. I prefer posting them instead of the whole link showing.

Yes, type a word or phrase. Highlight it and click the Link button in the editor (looks like a chain). Paste the URL. It does it automagically.

Sweet! That is a lot easier. Thanks VT! smileys-cheers-641856.gif

ValleyTiger....how do I un-check everything in "By time period" under "View new content"? It is driving me crazy.

I don't think you can. You can check "Content I have not read," though. That's not really a time period thing.

ValleyTiger....how do I un-check everything in "By time period" under "View new content"? It is driving me crazy.

I don't think you can. You can check "Content I have not read," though. That's not really a time period thing.

Well durn! Nothing was checked in that section, but noooooooooo, I couldn't leave it alone. Now every time I want to view new replies in threads I have made I am getting the same threads over and over again, even after I have read the last post in it.

Well durn! Nothing was checked in that section, but noooooooooo, I couldn't leave it alone. Now every time I want to view new replies in threads I have made I am getting the same threads over and over again, even after I have read the last post in it.

The "Other" section is the only section where you can click to filter and click again to unfilter.

Are you using the Back Arrow on your browser to get back to the New Content page?? That would be a reason why the list wouldn't update. You can click "Content I have not read" again to update the list or F5 does the trick. Hope that helped.

The "Other" section is the only section where you can click to filter and click again to unfilter.

Are you using the Back Arrow on your browser to get back to the New Content page?? That would be a reason why the list wouldn't update. You can click "Content I have not read" again to update the list or F5 does the trick. Hope that helped.

No. I am refreshing the page. But I just tried the "content I have not read" and it fixed the problem. Thank you sooooooo much. That having the thread I just read showing up again every time was driving me crazy. :bow:

Looks like the hyperlink thingy was solved while I was sleeping.

Things usually are... ;):poke:

Well, that was uncalled for and downright mean. :lol:

I'm beginning to see why Scott thought this was a perfect site for AE to merge with. :laugh: I think the former AE mods are going to fit in very nicely here.

I'm beginning to see why Scott thought this was a perfect site for AE to merge with. :laugh: I think the former AE mods are going to fit in very nicely here.

This! I miss the AE format though.

Members, too! I'm getting used to this format pretty quickly. I like it.

They are working on an AE themed skin. Give it a few days.

Members, too! I'm getting used to this format pretty quickly. I like it.

I know you missed Weegs and myself.

Thanks E! Didn't know that.

Will it be optional? Can we keep the AUFam skin if we like?

Will it be optional? Can we keep the AUFam skin if we like?

Yes it will be optional.

next question, how do I get credit for the 150 or so posts I had on AE?

over there, I was just plain "aueagle"

wde

I'll send your request to an admin and they can fix that for you.

Fixed. :)

:bow: Thank you, thank you! And all for free! Old age, experience, and cunning work wonders! Right golf?

Also, thanks for all the info about other features of this board outlined above. Maybe, just maybe older dogs Tigers can learn new tricks!

:wedance:

Archived