2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be totally honest, I could care less if AU is a second choice for this guy. he actually is that good, and LSU's loss is our gain, so I see no point in whining about how he will proly come to AU because LSU cooled on him cause AU gets a quality player.

Yep, if he signs with us it will be because LSU wouldn't take him. If he's worried about his family getting to see him play, Tulane and U-LaLa are an easy drive. Maybe he should consider one of those schools.

If his heart's not in playing for Auburn, then you can bet that I'm concerned.

FWIW

EagleDamnWar ‏@EagleDamnWar 2m

Lot of chatter that Auburn commit #1 overall JUCO 5 star WR D'haquille Williams will not sign tomorrow. May be waivering in his commitment.

Yep, if he signs with us it will be because LSU wouldn't take him. If he's worried about his family getting to see him play, Tulane and U-LaLa are an easy drive. Maybe he should consider one of those schools.

Very well said and really goes to the heart of what I was intending with my earlier post. And why is it that LSU is said to be "passing" on him? Is it because they feel he's a one-and-done and would rather invest in another receiver they feel will be there 2+ years or are there other underlying issues?

Very well said and really goes to the heart of what I was intending with my earlier post. And why is it that LSU is said to be "passing" on him? Is it because they feel he's a one-and-done and would rather invest in another receiver they feel will be there 2+ years or are there other underlying issues?

Because LSU, like you said, wants to invest in a player who will be there for more than 1 year...

As I have been saying, DQ is using Auburn to get to LSU. However, from what I hear, the coaches know that he is an elite talent that comes every so often, and really want him to come to Auburn. It is a strange situation to me...

I have no idea what he has posted on twitter. I get my info from some people who are close to the Auburn football program. DQ changes his mind really quickly, so I have no idea what he is personally thinking I am just relaying info from what I am being told...

thanks for sharing and giving a rough summary of your insider connections. this is how posting inside info on this site is done.

There is no law that limits the number of 5* receivers that LSU can sign. They are not in an either/or situation with Williams and Dupree, they are fully able to sign both. So why don't they?

There is no law that limits the number of 5* receivers that LSU can sign. They are not in an either/or situation with Williams and Dupree, they are fully able to sign both. So why don't they?

I have thought the same thing. If DQ is half as good as most are saying any team would sign him in a heartbeat! I'm not buying the "LSU wants receivers for more than one year" argument. If he puts up ridiculous numbers in that one year, who cares if he's only there one year?

I think either LSU "finds room" for him or they know something about him we don't.

Not sour grapes at all (I would love to sign 5* WRs all day), but with our running game, Sammie, Ricardo, and Jaylon coming back, we'll be very good offensively with or without him.

Or we have convinced him that for that one year our offense is going to be so awesome that he will want to be a part of it.

I have thought the same thing. If DQ is half as good as most are saying any team would sign him in a heartbeat! I'm not buying the "LSU wants receivers for more than one year" argument. If he puts up ridiculous numbers in that one year, who cares if he's only there one year?

I think either LSU "finds room" for him or they know something about him we don't.

Not sour grapes at all (I would love to sign 5* WRs all day), but with our running game, Sammie, Ricardo, and Jaylon coming back, we'll be very good offensively with or without him.

Maybe one of their other recruits/players doesn't want him there. Depending on which version of the Benton story you believe, it has happened before. It worked out okay for them that time.

Here is my theory/guess. They are running a pro-style passing game now (their OC has spent most of his career in the NFL) that requires reads by the WR that must be the same read the QB has in mind. The route can change at the line of scrimmage based on the coverage they are seeing. If they are not in synch QB looks bad when he throws the ball to a spot and the WR is running somewhere else. Maybe Cam Cameron prefers WRs be on campus for longer than a year to develop what I described.

One of my coworkers said he has stated that he will not sign today and said he (DQ) doesnt know when he will sign. I noticed only one post on this subject. True? I figured this would be big news on this board by now if so.

Reasons why DQ signs with AU: http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/12/17/auburn-tigers-expecting-juco-sensation-dhaquille-williams-to-sign-wednesday/

al.com says DQ will announce today: hhttp://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/12/5-star_auburn_commit_dhaquille_1.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Players who are so publicly ambivalent like DQ rarely bode well for AU. Seems he's cornered into committing to AU since LSU has backed off according to the article.

Bigger question:

Why does everyone here refer to him as DQ?

a.) that makes me think of "disqualified" every time I read it.

b.) his initials are DW, no?

There has been no time set for DQ signing today.

To Mikey: It's not an either or thing with DQ ad Dupree. Speedy Noil Is also a factor and LSU does not want to miss on either 5* High School WR for DQ. They worry if they take DQ they may lose 1 of the 2 high school kids.

Archived