2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

What new info, if you don't mind? I don't think I've missed any big moves or shifts, but I'm not connecting the dots here.

Lashee was in Mobile last week to see Rosier.

The newest on Harris is this from the BCW thread.

Bad news. Brandon Harris removed from the BCW visitor list. After getting an offer from LSU last week Brandon and his father have made plans to go to LSU's Bayou Picnic instead of BCW. Both events are on the same day. Brandon will visit Auburn in June as part of a 2 week tour to his top offers in the first 2 weeks in June.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What new info, if you don't mind? I don't think I've missed any big moves or shifts, but I'm not connecting the dots here.

There is a Rosier thread. The newest on Harris is this from the BCW thread.

Bad news. Brandon Harris removed from the BCW visitor list. After getting an offer from LSU last week Brandon and his father have made plans to go to LSU's Bayou Picnic instead of BCW. Both events are on the same day. Brandon will visit Auburn in June as part of a 2 week tour to his top offers in the first 2 weeks in June.

well crapola...

He was only removed because he's not 100% sure if he's coming yet. I still think he makes it. Lashlee is doing an eval of him this week and they'll discuss coming to BCW.

He was only removed because he's not 100% sure if he's coming yet. I still think he makes it. Lashlee is doing an eval of him this week and they'll discuss coming to BCW.

If he comes to BCW over the in state Bayou Picnic I will be impressed.

If he comes to BCW over the in state Bayou Picnic I will be impressed.

Yeah, that would speak volumes.

This kids stock seems to be soaring. Will be interesting to see where he finished ranking wise after all the love he is getting

Harris also threw for about 350 yards and 5 TDs in his spring game tonight.

Fixed the links in the OP. so his youtube highlights show right up.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a alum of Parkway High, and from south Bossier city. The stir is getting crazy out there about Harris right now. LSU is the home school and the school to beat IMO, but Auburn has a lot of people out there very worried. Its a two horse race, with Auburn and LSU, with A&M trying hard to get in it. If I can get any updates from out there I'll share them, but most of my old classmates get a little upset when I start asking about Harris & Auburn. lol...

I am a alum of Parkway High, and from south Bossier city. The stir is getting crazy out there about Harris right now. LSU is the home school and the school to beat IMO, but Auburn has a lot of people out there very worried. Its a two horse race, with Auburn and LSU, with A&M trying hard to get in it. If I can get any updates from out there I'll share them, but most of my old classmates get a little upset when I start asking about Harris & Auburn. lol...

Thanks for that BCC. Most people in the recruiting world feel it's a 2 team race between LSU and TAMU. The only people really giving Auburn a chance are the Auburn recruiting reporters. I will say this. I have read all his interviews after each big school has offered him and in terms of excitement no school compared to Auburn for Harris. Brandon is not in the driver's seat here though. Whoever gets Brandon must win the recruiting battle for his dad. To this point his dad is running the show. Another little tidbit, Brandon's reaction to the Bayou Picnic at LSU last weekend was it was nothing special.

Thanks for the insight... God I would love to get Brandon

Is it just me or has Twitter and the ilk taken some of the fun out of recruiting? If asked 10 years ago did I foresee a world with TOO much info on recruiting, I would have responded to the negative. If asked today....? :dunno: EDIT: The preceding post by yours truly IS in fact a response to Mav's Twitter post. Not just a random thought I had. Evidently someone cares.

Nation's top dual-threat QB Brandon Harris impressed with Alabama visit

Several of the nation's top quarterback prospects have spent the past couple of days in Tuscaloosa competing for the attention of the Crimson Tide coaching staff but late last week Nick Saban and his staff spent some one-on-one time with the nation's top-rated dual-threat quarterback Brandon Harris. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound star visited Tuscaloosa on Thursday before heading to Ohio State for a visit the following day.

"The visit to Alabama is by far the best visit I've had," Harris said. "That's not a knock on any other school or any other coaching staff but everything about the visit to Tuscaloosa was amazing. The people around Alabama are all just so impressive. It's ridiculous, everybody from the coaches to the players to the support staff and trainers. I was very impressed with coaching staff. You can tell they all really fit the same mold as Coach Saban."

While some have questioned whether a dual-threat quarterback would be an ideal fit in Alabama's pro-style offense, Harris said that both he and Saban agree that his skill set would be a perfect match.

"Coach Saban has never lied to me and he's never tried to sugar coat things and he told me I'm one of the best quarterbacks he has ever evaluated in terms of talent. That means a lot coming from him because he's not the kind of guy to say things like that unless he means them."

"I also got a chance to talk to AJ McCarron for a little while and that was pretty cool. He gave me a lot of advice about how to handle myself as a recruit and as a quarterback. He had a lot of people telling him that he wasn't going to be able to do this or do that when he was my age and he said you have to have confidence in your own abilities and you have to make sure you never get too high or too low on yourself."

Harris said he was also impressed with his trip to Ohio State.

"The Ohio State facilities are the best I've seen anywhere in the country. It's a huge school. They have over 60,000 students so it's a very different feel than Alabama. It's a very strong school academically and they have obviously had a lot of success already under Coach Meyer. I spoke to Braxton Miller for a little while. It was such a cool experience to be able to sit down with guys like Braxton and AJ, two quarterbacks that led their teams to undefeated seasons, and have them give me advice. That's something I'll never forget."

Harris will next head to Texas A&M this weekend and will work on scheduling several other visits between now and his July 18th announcement.

"I am definitely still planning on visiting Auburn at some point and I'm trying to remain open minded on all these visits. At the same time, if I get to a campus and feel like it's the right place for me, I won't hesitate to make a silent commitment to those coaches. I may have already done that, but I'm not going to let anyone know about it until July 18."

Harris also spoke about his good friend O.J. Smith and his recent commitment to Alabama.

"I know O.J. very well, he's great friend of mine," Harris said. "He's no joke, the real deal. He's a fantastic player, very fast off the ball. As a quarterback, he's somebody you're always aware of when he's on the field. He's also one of the best guys you'll ever meet off the field."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/nations_top_dual-threat_qb_bra.html

Coach Saban has never lied to me and he's never tried to sugar coat things and he told me I'm one of the best quarterbacks he has ever evaluated in terms of talent. That means a lot coming from him because he's not the kind of guy to say things like that unless he means them."

WHAT. A. CROCK. :rolleyes:

@bharrisqb1: I may commit, early you guys won't know until July 18th hush, hush type of deal?

So he believed Sabans lies?!? Do these guys not know of the history of him telling every QB he is the best he has seen, and, they wll be the starter the next year??? White, Aj, etc....

@bharrisqb1: I may commit, early you guys won't know until July 18th hush, hush type of deal?

So he believed Sabans lies?!? Do these guys not know of the history of him telling every QB he is the best he has seen, and, they wll be the starter the next year??? White, Aj, etc....

FWIW to my knowledge he still does not have a committable Bama offer and all signs point to Cornwell being the QB they take.

FWIW to my knowledge he still does not have a committable Bama offer and all signs point to Cornwell being the QB they take.

For the sake of discussion, which QB do you think the AU coaches feel is better, Watson or Harris ?

For the sake of discussion, which QB do you think the AU coaches feel is better, Watson or Harris ?

Whoever the most accurate and confident QB is.

Archived