2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

He is quite familiar with Gus and his HUNH. BH is a huge Cam Newton fan as well. And KK is correct in that Park will get the bammer QB offer were it to be decided today IMO. Had Loeffler not wet the bed last year here I believe AU would be his leader. Park and his family have gotten close to CSL and is the reason VA Tech is considered a leader up until and if sabear comes-a-callin'. They could still be in good shape though as Logan Thomas will be gone and Park could maybe step right in as #1 there. A bammer offer may be too much for him to pass on though.

At the moment Park is headed to UGA not Bama. The reason it klooked Park was a take for Bama was the Cornwell eligibility sitch for his senior year of high sschol. He was just ruled eligible a few days ago so I expect Bama to take his commitment soon.

Any idea when "soon" is? And do you think that BH commits to us if Bama takes Cornwell?

I think Harris commits to Auburn no matter what happens with any other team. He will still wait til July 18th to commit though.

E do you really feel that confident about BH? I know everyone says he's leaning to AU but I thought that might be a ploy to get LSU to turn up the heat a little. He has to be their top target unless they want to try to flip someone. Of course they may not have to take a QB this year or they could opt for a JUCO (maybe a better fit for them anyway) which they have been known to do.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E do you really feel that confident about BH? I know everyone says he's leaning to AU but I thought that might be a ploy to get LSU to turn up the heat a little. He has to be their top target unless they want to try to flip someone. Of course they may not have to take a QB this year or they could opt for a JUCO (maybe a better fit for them anyway) which they have been known to do.

Auburn sources (which is where the Auburn leaning info came from) would not be saying those things to get LSU to turn up the heat. It does not necessarily matter about LSU turns up the heat. Brandon loves Cam and what Gus Gus did for Cam. Brandon and his dad will choose whatever school they want and they don't look to be the types to wilt under in state pressure. Also remember Brandon was not impressed with his trip to LSU for the Bayou Picnic.

I saw an article on the ESPN rumor mill hinting that BH was favoring bama. The title was "Brandon Harris leaves hints for Alabama", but of course Im not an insider so I couldn't read it. Has anyone else heard anything regarding this?

I saw an article on the ESPN rumor mill hinting that BH was favoring bama. The title was "Brandon Harris leaves hints for Alabama", but of course Im not an insider so I couldn't read it. Has anyone else heard anything regarding this?

The title blew reality out of proportion. Basically every team beside Bama has told him they are done at QB if they get Harris. Bama has not said anything.

The title blew reality out of proportion. Basically every team beside Bama has told him they are done at QB if they get Harris. Bama has not said anything.

I read the article stating that on ALcom. Gotta love how ESPN skews things lol

I read the article stating that on ALcom. Gotta love how ESPN skews things lol

It was one of the guys who cover recruiting for ESPN's Bama site. It was to be expected.

I think its going to be close between the two breeds of Tigers. Campus probably doesn't really matter. I don't believe he's ever been to Auburn and we're in the final two. He's probably an LSU fan, but Auburn is definitely the better fit. We're 100% dual-threat for the for-seeable future. However it will likely come down to where he thinks he will see the field the quickest. I'm sure he's confident in beating out Rivers and Rettig. And LSU is probably trying to convince him they'll change their system to fit him. Hopefully he won't buy into their sales pitch and pick the good guys. :thumbsup:

I highly doubt LSU moves away from a run heavy offense as long as Miles is HC, but you're right they'll tell him what he wants to hear. Miles & Co. want a QB in this class, badly.

Remember that back in the day Cam Cameron coached QB Antwaan Randle El to the tune of some pretty impressive stats albeit on a losing Indiana team.

E - The question I had was why does whether or not Cornwell plays his SR year matter to bammer? He misses out on a year of competition but they already know what he can do. It is a moot point anyway now I was just curious.

Back to Mr. Harris, I don't see him getting a committable offer from bama and he has brought up his love of Cam and Gus more than once. If Cornwell=UA and Park=THuga, we should be in good shape and LSU would be my main concern. They will crank up the heat now that Notre Dame has their guy.

E - The question I had was why does whether or not Cornwell plays his SR year matter to bammer? He misses out on a year of competition but they already know what he can do. It is a moot point anyway now I was just curious.

Back to Mr. Harris, I don't see him getting a committable offer from bama and he has brought up his love of Cam and Gus more than once. If Cornwell=UA and Park=THuga, we should be in good shape and LSU would be my main concern. They will crank up the heat now that Notre Dame has their guy.

Completely agree. And Cornwell or Park could not commit to AU if they wanted to. Harris is our guy and everyone knows it. A lot of games being played right now. LSU is our only serious competition and it may depend on how much heat they apply or do they target someone else. When an out-of state high profile recruit commits early, it can be hard to keep him committed for seven months especially if he has an outstanding senior season. AU staff has their work cut out for them.

Not sure. I am not the Bama coaches. I am just saying the word was they may not take him if he could not play his senior year.

LSU...do they target someone else.

LSU has 4 other QBs they are high on. Although none are as good as Harris IMO.

LSU...do they target someone else.

LSU has 4 other QBs they are high on. Although none are as good as Harris IMO.

E- Thanks for all the work you do by the way. Its plain as day that you put in tons of work on AUF.

Now, onto business: Do you know if Harris is LSU's top target for QB? Also, per 247 his primary recruiter is Cam Cameron (their new OC). Do you know anything about his recruiting prowess? And finally, LSU is being mentioned as our biggest competition for Harris, yet according to 247 he is "warmer" on AU, LSU, and Ohio State; do our insiders believe that Ohio State isn't as much of a factor?

Now, onto business: Do you know if Harris is LSU's top target for QB? Also, per 247 his primary recruiter is Cam Cameron (their new OC). Do you know anything about his recruiting prowess? And finally, LSU is being mentioned as our biggest competition for Harris, yet according to 247 he is "warmer" on AU, LSU, and Ohio State; do our insiders believe that Ohio State isn't as much of a factor?

1. Yes. 2. No, other than he coached Antwan Randell-El at QB at Indiana. 3.While 247 is the best on keeping interest up date date they are not always up to date. The OSU warmer probably comes from JC Shurburt picking them in his crystal ball.

1. Yes. 2. No, other than he coached Antwan Randell-El at QB at Indiana. 3.While 247 is the best on keeping interest up date date they are not always up to date. The OSU warmer probably comes from JC Shurburt picking them in his crystal ball.

Since you mentioned that, I went back and looked at the crystal ball. 14/24 in the Crystal Ball picked LSU and 9/24 picked AU. Of the 14 that picked LSU, 8 picked before June (one was even mid April!). All 9 of the AU picks were after 6/4/2013 and since that date, only 1 person has picked LSU. Was there something significant that happened on 6/4? The last thing on his timeline was his UO visit to tOSU. Does it have anything to do with his visit to AU that fell through?

IMO it speaks volumes that we are one of the 3 "warmer" schools since he hasn't even been on campus yet.

That's around the time he Skyped with Gus and then said, "Auburn has a very, very good chance of signing me." Right after Kyle Allen committed to A&M. Do I have my time frame straight?

Was there something significant that happened on 6/4? The last thing on his timeline was his UO visit to tOSU. Does it have anything to do with his visit to AU that fell through?

1. Yes. That is when the word started spreading we are in good shape. 2. No. The earliest Brandon was going to visit Auburn was this past Wednesday the 11th. You are reading way too much into all that stuff.

1. Yes. That is when the word started spreading we are in good shape. 2. No. The earliest Brandon was going to visit Auburn was this past Wednesday the 11th. You are reading way too much into all that stuff.

I think that you may have misunderstood what I was asking, but you may be right that I'm reading too much into things (slow day at work, can ya tell?)

What I meant: When did he announce that he was going to visit AU? I didn't know if he announced the 4th, that would've made sense to me.

That's around the time he Skyped with Gus and then said, "Auburn has a very, very good chance of signing me." Right after Kyle Allen committed to A&M. Do I have my time frame straight?

If this is the right time frame, then that makes a lot of sense. TIA.

AUEngineer2016
Brandon never announced anything. His visit date was posted by 247 before June 4th. The 3rd was just the day, as I said before, that an Auburn source said things look good for Auburn so experts made picks on the 4th based of whatever inside info they have. The skype call was nice but it does not have a direct impact on Auburn sources feeling good since June 3rd.

Brandon never announced anything. His visit date was posted by 247 before June 4th. The 3rd was just the day, as I said before, that an Auburn source said thing look good for Auburn so expert made picks on the 4th of that. I can't go into more detail. The skype call call was nice but it does not have a direct impact on Auburn sources feeling good since June 4th.

Thank you for the clarification, and sorry for the mixup.

Don't hate too much guys, but don't be too terribly disappointed should we miss on this guy. It may just be my gut impulse, but for some reason I feel like this is building up and this kid will end up committing to LSU because of how close it is to home. Just my opinion at this moment though. Just seems like with all the QB dominos falling, it is setting AU up for what will appear to be a fall.

Don't hate too much guys, but don't be too terribly disappointed should we miss on this guy. It may just be my gut impulse, but for some reason I feel like this is building up and this kid will end up committing to LSU because of how close it is to home. Just my opinion at this moment though. Just seems like with all the QB dominos falling, it is setting AU up for what will appear to be a fall.

honestly I believe auburn is in a great position with the few QBs that are on our board. think about it we won't know what is going to happen to D.watson until after the season and by then we will know if Marshall and Johnson are the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a QB in this class to be honest, because I feel that after Watson and Harris it is slim pickings and we would be better off saving it and signing two next year. I honestly believe that Watson will be apart of this class but that is just my gut.

honestly I believe auburn is in a great position with the few QBs that are on our board. think about it we won't know what is going to happen to D.watson until after the season and by then we will know if Marshall and Johnson are the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a QB in this class to be honest, because I feel that after Watson and Harris it is slim pickings and we would be better off saving it and signing two next year. I honestly believe that Watson will be apart of this class but that is just my gut.

We will sign a QB in nearly every class with Gus and you want to do that. It is very hard to sign 2 QBs in a class in today's "I want my shot now" generation even though Auburn did.. You are better off getting a serviceable guy like Tyler Harris or Malikk Rosier this year if we miss on Watson and Harris insteaf of trying to get 2 next year.

wow I love Rosier I just didn't think that our coaches were high enough on him to offer him.

They aren't yet.

Archived