2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

The :corndog: s are certainly confident about Harris. Sure hope CGM and CRL can sell him their offense. He looks like a great fit.

As it stands they will end up being the team to beat if they turn the heat up on him and if they are able to display a passing attack that has been non-existant of late. Not that we couldn't beat them for him but they will make it difficult for us at best.

Dangit' Valley, now you got me craving a corndog!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add one real QB and AU may just have to come to Death Valley and show Mr Harris times are uh changing and with that blue jersey on you can change with it.

Add one real QB and AU may just have to come to Death Valley and show Mr Harris times are uh changing and with that blue jersey on you can change with it.

Completely agree with this!!

I can't him signing with UAT cause they got that kid from Utah last year and their looking at Cornwell from Oklahoma for their 2014 class.

I can't him signing with UAT cause they got that kid from Utah last year and their looking at Cornwell from Oklahoma for their 2014 class.

Cooper Bateman, IMO, isn't that great. I don't think he's their best backup to AJ at all right now.

And Cornwell was basically beaten by Jacob Park at the bammer camp, so the midget seems to be favoring Park over Cornwell right now anyways.

Cooper Bateman, IMO, isn't that great. I don't think he's their best backup to AJ at all right now.

And Cornwell was basically beaten by Jacob Park at the bammer camp, so the midget seems to be favoring Park over Cornwell right now anyways.

I still think they'd take Cornewell over Harris.

bummer. At least it's a scheduling conflict and not him deciding to visit somewhere else instead.

@awpenny247 1m

Brandon Harris not visiting this week http://auburn.247spo...3035/1 … via @247Sports

Any ideas on when he's gonna visit... or will he?

Yes. Sometime before mid July.

Gus & crew will get this kid on board...especially after he sees how are offense utilizes the dual threat once the season starts, he'll want to be here.

@awpenny247 1m

Brandon Harris not visiting this week http://auburn.247spo...3035/1 … via @247Sports

Gus & crew will get this kid on board...especially after he sees how are offense utilizes the dual threat once the season starts, he'll want to be here.

He is quite familiar with Gus and his HUNH. BH is a huge Cam Newton fan as well. And KK is correct in that Park will get the bammer QB offer were it to be decided today IMO. Had Loeffler not wet the bed last year here I believe AU would be his leader. Park and his family have gotten close to CSL and is the reason VA Tech is considered a leader up until and if sabear comes-a-callin'. They could still be in good shape though as Logan Thomas will be gone and Park could maybe step right in as #1 there. A bammer offer may be too much for him to pass on though.

@awpenny247 1m

He is quite familiar with Gus and his HUNH. BH is a huge Cam Newton fan as well. And KK is correct in that Park will get the bammer QB offer were it to be decided today IMO. Had Loeffler not wet the bed last year here I believe AU would be his leader. Park and his family have gotten close to CSL and is the reason VA Tech is considered a leader up until and if sabear comes-a-callin'. They could still be in good shape though as Logan Thomas will be gone and Park could maybe step right in as #1 there. A bammer offer may be too much for him to pass on though.

Regarding Park, this is correct. From a source @ his high school, he loved Auburn following the LSU visit. Kid's got a good arm w/ super accuracy and will be a nice QB somewhere.

However, I think we can find a better fit for this system. If we can line up an athletic QB, w/ a stout OL, receivers who block well and talented running backs, I believe we'll see a resemblance to what we put on the field in '10.

Exactly W-t-t-E! We gone be jist fine on O once Gus gets the Bus rolling. We need very good offensive talent and Gus/Rhett will put the points on the board. We need superior talent on defense if we want to sit among the elite in the SEC!!! I worry way more about Defense than I do Offense when it comes to being able to win championships once again.

Could be looking too deep into this but is it possible that part of the reason Harris decided not to visit today was due to the fact Kizer committed to Notre Dame yesterday? I have to think that hurts our chances with Harris b/c he is LSU's #1 target now. You have to believe Miles was on the phone with Harris yesterday. I know it was supposedly a work conflict with his dad but I'm really hoping we can at least get him and his father at some point. AU sells itself IMO but sometimes getting these kids on campus is difficult.

I think its going to be close between the two breeds of Tigers. Campus probably doesn't really matter. I don't believe he's ever been to Auburn and we're in the final two. He's probably an LSU fan, but Auburn is definitely the better fit. We're 100% dual-threat for the for-seeable future. However it will likely come down to where he thinks he will see the field the quickest. I'm sure he's confident in beating out Rivers and Rettig. And LSU is probably trying to convince him they'll change their system to fit him. Hopefully he won't buy into their sales pitch and pick the good guys.

Could be looking too deep into this but is it possible that part of the reason Harris decided not to visit today was due to the fact Kizer committed to Notre Dame yesterday? I have to think that hurts our chances with Harris b/c he is LSU's #1 target now. You have to believe Miles was on the phone with Harris yesterday. I know it was supposedly a work conflict with his dad but I'm really hoping we can at least get him and his father at some point. AU sells itself IMO but sometimes getting these kids on campus is difficult.

It's possibble but the answer is no it isn't.

At the moment Park is headed to UGA not Bama. The reason it klooked Park was a take for Bama was the Cornwell eligibility sitch for his senior year of high sschol. He was just ruled eligible a few days ago so I expect Bama to take his commitment soon.

At the moment Park is headed to UGA not Bama. The reason it klooked Park was a take for Bama was the Cornwell eligibility sitch for his senior year of high sschol. He was just ruled eligible a few days ago so I expect Bama to take his commitment soon.

I heard someone else say that the elligibility deal was the reason as well but that makes absolutely no sense IMO. Everyone that was around for these "QB pseudo-tryouts" said that Park out-threw Cornwell, at least by all reports. If that is the case how does whether or not Cornwell gets to play his SR year matter? He got beat. Why have Park even throw if you are gonna take Cornwell anyway. Park is the better runner of the two by a wide margin. If he also graded out on throwing better as well it would be silly to take Cornwell over Park if you have the choice, no? If you want Cornwell no matter what you just take him, why go through all the mellodrama? If he isn't elligible move him down to Tusker-loser and enroll in school there so he can be Enroll early and have him under sabear's watchful eye? Why does sabear give two shoots if he plays any more HS football?

Is it just me or does that make absolutely no sense? I'm not arguing with you E but if Watson was committed to us but was declared inelligible for his SR year of HS so be it. Just less of a chance he gets hurt. Come on down to Auburn and Home School whatever coutrses he needs and enroll his butt in January. Where am I missing something?

I heard someone else say that the elligibility deal was the reason as well but that makes absolutely no sense IMO. Everyone that was around for these "QB pseudo-tryouts" said that Park out-threw Cornwell, at least by all reports. If that is the case how does whether or not Cornwell gets to play his SR year matter? He got beat. Why have Park even throw if you are gonna take Cornwell anyway. Park is the better runner of the two by a wide margin. If he also graded out on throwing better as well it would be silly to take Cornwell over Park if you have the choice, no? If you want Cornwell no matter what you just take him, why go through all the mellodrama? If he isn't elligible move him down to Tusker-loser and enroll in school there so he can be Enroll early and have him under sabear's watchful eye? Why does sabear give two shoots if he plays any more HS football?

Is it just me or does that make absolutely no sense? I'm not arguing with you E but if Watson was committed to us but was declared inelligible for his SR year of HS so be it. Just less of a chance he gets hurt. Come on down to Auburn and Home School whatever coutrses he needs and enroll his butt in January. Where am I missing something?

Its possible bama may like Cornwell's mental make up more than Park. That doesn't mean one is smarter than the other, but that one may fit better from a personality perspective. Lots of reasons to choose one guy over the other and how fast they are and how well they throw are just two reasons.

I have not seen said reports. Anyway it does not matter Park always wanted the UGA offer badly and now that he has it he will likely go there. UGA is the only school Park has had in his top 5 the whole time without an offer.

Any idea when "soon" is? And do you think that BH commits to us if Bama takes Cornwell?

Any idea when "soon" is? And do you think that BH commits to us if Bama takes Cornwell?

I think Harris commits to Auburn no matter what happens with any other team. He will still wait til July 18th to commit though.

Archived