2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

Do we really need a QB in this class? or do we take one the following year? If NM and JJ work out then taking one the following year might be a better option.

Yes. The goal is to sign 1 QB in every class.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lauren Middleton ‏@Lauren247Sports

RT @TaylorHamm247: I'm hearing Brandon Harris is now leaning towards Auburn after sitting down & talking with his family last night. #WDE

start up the "We will rock you" stomp beat lol

Lauren Middleton ‏@Lauren247Sports

RT @TaylorHamm247: I'm hearing Brandon Harris is now leaning towards Auburn after sitting down & talking with his family last night. #WDE

If true, this is AUSOME news!!! He's been my favorite all along. This kid, in Gus's system, could do very well.

Brandon will visit Auburn next Wednesday and while he will not say it publicly people close to him say Auburn leads. A&M may have been his #1 but they are out now with the commitment of Kyle Allen yesterday.

On the heels of recent visits to Alabama and Ohio Stateand the elimination of Texas A&M from his list of choices, Louisiana dual-threat quarterback Brandon Harris is setting his sights on Auburn where he'll likely visit sometime next week.

Harris, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound athlete and consensus four-star prospect, said he spoke to Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn on Tuesday morning and came away feeling as strongly as ever about the Tigers.

"I talked with Coach Malzahn on Skype this morning and it was a great talk," Harris said. "At this point, I would say Auburn has a very, very good chance of landing me."

While some reports began surfacing on Tuesday that Harris had declared Auburn his leader, the star quarterback said the Tigers are among his favorites but that he's not yet ready to declare a leader.

"I haven't made anybody my leader at this point but Auburn is definitely one of my top three. I'm not ready to say who the other two in that group are but Auburn is definitely in that top group."

"I'm looking forward to visiting Auburn next week with my dad. It will probably be next Wednesday but we're not totally sure on that yet."

Harris plans to announce his college choice on July 18th.

Harris passed for 2,673 yards and 28 touchdowns while rushing for another 677 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior at Bossier City's Parkway High School in 2012.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/06/top_dual-threat_qb_brandon_har.html

I watched the film. The kid is impressive.

On the positive side, he has great pocket presence. He has a quick release. He has escape ability. He is not afraid to through it in tight places. He can run. He is terrific with fakes. Finally his offer list is crazy good.

Negative, the only things I could think of was size and he throws the ball off his back foot sometimes. He will need to put on some weight. At 183pds, he may get killed in the SEC.

I am very impressed though. I hope he gives us a serious chance.

That's why I put 184 to 206 lbs because Rivals and 247 differ on that part.

The videos and pics make it seem to be on the 180lbs side. Big arm though would like to see his short to mid range throws.

My thoughts on the OP video: He seems to have a knack for finding the open receiver and putting the ball where it needs to be in tight coverage. Also like his pocket presence--on several plays there were holes where it looked like he could break and run for 5-10 yds or a first down, but was cool enough to stay put and find a receiver for much more. I want him! (And kudos to some of those receivers for yards after catch/contact!)

IF we get BH we are going to needs some serious WR's recruits.

Well you know we are in the mix for D'haquille Willams. We are also in it for Cam Sims too. We could have an all-Louisiana passing core.

E, Do you think this is still a real longshot for use or do we have at least a 40% chance at him? Thanks

E, Do you think this is still a real longshot for use or do we have at least a 40% chance at him? Thanks

I always thought we had a chance with Brandon and never thought it was a longshot.

IMO Harris is the best fit for Gus's and Rhett's system of any QB in this class; he is a good passer, who will look to pass first, but who can run effectively when he needs to. He also seems to know WHEN to run, not just how, and that is something that can't be taught. I am glad to hear that BH is leaning towards us, only thing left to do now is seal the deal. :cool:

I always thought we had a chance with Brandon and never thought it was a longshot.

This is a good development. Now, I want our next 3 commits to be Evans-LB, Thomas-RB and Harris-QB in no particular order. Can you see what you can do about that for me E ? Thankyou

Great looking kid. Good arm and has good instincts. But.............can he throw a "bubble screen"?

@bharrisqb1: In case you haven't figured it out cam newton is my hero, now all I need is to grow 2 more inches and be 250lbs!

Better bulk strong Brandon :D

I've been saying for a couple of months that I thought AU would sign two QBs: Doss and Rosier as a QB/Athlete. That was way before BH was on anyone's radar. But I've come to the realization in the past week that Harris is now our guy. Auburn is the better fit for him by far for the following reason. All five QBs on our Fall roster are athletic dual threat QBs. Even though CGM offense works for Drop back guys (E is correct) but our offense, this year and next years will be designed for dual threat so the transition for BH will be a snap for a guy with his talent at Auburn. Right now LSU is set up for drop back type ZackM, Rivers, Rettig, etc That being said I still think we take a second guy in the end. I know E says "no" and he has sources and of course its just a hunch for me. Doss or Rosier will flip to AU after committing elsewhere, maybe from OleMiss , Miami, or elsewhere.

Brandon Harris should remind people a LOT of Paul Smith, ex-Tulsa QB. That's who he reminds me a lot of, at least.

Darron Thomas from Oregon.

I've been saying for a couple of months that I thought AU would sign two QBs: Doss and Rosier as a QB/Athlete. That was way before BH was on anyone's radar. But I've come to the realization in the past week that Harris is now our guy. Auburn is the better fit for him by far for the following reason. All five QBs on our Fall roster are athletic dual threat QBs. Even though CGM offense works for Drop back guys (E is correct) but our offense, this year and next years will be designed for dual threat so the transition for BH will be a snap for a guy with his talent at Auburn. Right now LSU is set up for drop back type ZackM, Rivers, Rettig, etc That being said I still think we take a second guy in the end. I know E says "no" and he has sources and of course its just a hunch for me. Doss or Rosier will flip to AU after committing elsewhere, maybe from OleMiss , Miami, or elsewhere.

It's not about me. I am just relaying what anyone close to the coaches are saying. The plan is to sign 1. The only way I see that changing is if Jonathan Wallace does not win the job and transfers or Nick Marshall has a Herculean season and goes pro. I do not see any other scenario where the coaches take 2 QBs.

For the sake of argument if there is a second QB or we don't get Harris Rosier will get a commitable offer long before Doss.

It's not about me. I am just relaying what anyone close to the coaches are saying. The plan is to sign 1. The only way I see that changing is if Jonathan Wallace does not win the job and transfers or Nick Marshall has a Herculean season and goes pro. I do not see any other scenario where the coaches take 2 QBs.

For the sake of argument if there is a second QB or we don't get Harris Rosier will get a commitable offer long before Doss.

Agreed. I would prefer 1 QB. We already signed 3 QBs includes Jason Smith in previous recruiting class.

Archived