2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

Wow! This is potentially great news for us. Brandon Harris is the real deal. I am on on iPhone right now so I am not going to attach any outside articles but I just read an article on Brandon that said he was by far the best QB at the Elite 11 event held in Columbus, OH. I hope he has a great trip to Auburn.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! This is potentially great news for us. Brandon Harris is the real deal. I am on on iPhone right now so I am not going to attach any outside articles but I just read an article on Brandon that said he was by far the best QB at the Elite 11 event held in Columbus, OH. I hope he has a great trip to Auburn.

Not to be negative, honest question, if he was by far the best at Elite 11 event held in Columbus, how come Kizer got an invite to the Elite 11 & Harris didn't?

Not to be negative, honest question, if he was by far the best at Elite 11 event held in Columbus, how come Kizer got an invite to the Elite 11 & Harris didn't?

The only logical answer is not every site gets an elite 11 kid and Dilfer must have thought there were 11 better guys that performed at the other Elite 11 camps.

I've been saying for a couple of months that I thought AU would sign two QBs: Doss and Rosier as a QB/Athlete. That was way before BH was on anyone's radar. But I've come to the realization in the past week that Harris is now our guy. Auburn is the better fit for him by far for the following reason. All five QBs on our Fall roster are athletic dual threat QBs. Even though CGM offense works for Drop back guys (E is correct) but our offense, this year and next years will be designed for dual threat so the transition for BH will be a snap for a guy with his talent at Auburn. Right now LSU is set up for drop back type ZackM, Rivers, Rettig, etc That being said I still think we take a second guy in the end. I know E says "no" and he has sources and of course its just a hunch for me. Doss or Rosier will flip to AU after committing elsewhere, maybe from OleMiss , Miami, or elsewhere.

It's not about me. I am just relaying what anyone close to the coaches are saying. The plan is to sign 1. The only way I see that changing is if Jonathan Wallace does not win the job and transfers or Nick Marshall has a Herculean season and goes pro. I do not see any other scenario where the coaches take 2 QBs.

For the sake of argument if there is a second QB or we don't get Harris Rosier will get a commitable offer long before Doss.

I know it's not about you. Your sources say one QB is the plan and I'm sure it is the plan right now. What I'm saying is plans can change. We'll see how the season plays out. If another commit is taken it will be late. I do agree on that. I don't like to speculate about what could happen but a big surprise usually does occur sometime during the season. There could be injuries or academic issues. A couple of guys could be moved to another position. Someone could transfer. If NM had a Cam-like year (as you suggested) he could move on. We know what Gus did with Todd and Cam in one year.

I could be wrong but I don't think this kid has ever stepped on the AU campus...pretty amazing we are in this position. He must really love him some Cam and Gus. I don't want to sound too confident but if he likes AU this much now, just wait until he steps on campus. Maybe Cam will happen to be in the area. This kid is it IMO, perfect for Gustav...honestly I like him better than Watson. Seems bright too. If AU signs Harris and Roc, watch out.

I could be wrong but I don't think this kid has ever stepped on the AU campus...pretty amazing we are in this position. He must really love him some Cam and Gus. I don't want to sound too confident but if he likes AU this much now, just wait until he steps on campus. Maybe Cam will happen to be in the area. This kid is it IMO, perfect for Gustav...honestly I like him better than Watson. Seems bright too. If AU signs Harris and Roc, watch out.

Doubt Cam will be here next Wednesday and Thursday but according to Brandon they have talked to each other.

Doubt Cam will be here next Wednesday and Thursday but according to Brandon they have talked to each other.

Maybe we could arrange for BH to get Cam's locker in JHS if he comes?

I am have now heard from more than one person that we are in the lead for Harris. One being a friend close to program and the other one of the AU sites. As someone pointed out, if that is indeed true then I really like our chances. My friend told me for a year we would get Montravious Adams so I listen when he has info. He doesn't step out there very often.

I am have now heard from more than one person that we are in the lead for Harris. One being a friend close to program and the other one of the AU sites. As someone pointed out, if that is indeed true then I really like our chances. My friend told me for a year we would get Montravious Adams so I listen when he has info. He doesn't step out there very often.

WDE, keep the good news coming Dixie! Hope you and your family are doing well, and give our thanks to your mysterious well informed friend. I hope he is right!

I know it sounds like BS and that is why I don't put everything on the board that I hear but some people are just right much more than others. We still will have to deal with LSU before the Harris deal is over. If they turn up the heat they could maybe keep him home. Kids are digging what The Gus is cookin'!!!

His stock just recently started going up at the beginning of the summer really. Would not put much stock in the elite 11. Zeke pike., Neil caudle, Jevan Snead, Stephen Garcia, and I don't even think cam or Jeremy j got an invite , but there has been good ones come from it as well don't get me wrong

His stock just recently started going up at the beginning of the summer really. Would not put much stock in the elite 11. Zeke pike., Neil caudle, Jevan Snead, Stephen Garcia, and I don't even think cam or Jeremy j got an invite , but there has been good ones come from it as well don't get me wrong

AJ McCarron didn't get an invite either. :Sing:

E, Do you think this is still a real longshot for use or do we have at least a 40% chance at him? Thanks

I always thought we had a chance with Brandon and never thought it was a longshot.

This is a good development. Now, I want our next 3 commits to be Evans-LB, Thomas-RB and Harris-QB in no particular order. Can you see what you can do about that for me E ? Thankyou

That would be AUsome!

Harris is still behind Watson on our Board. But surely that is 1a and 1b situation.

I would hope that if Harris wanted to commit, that we would take it, no questions asked. Gus can do wonders with this kid's athletic ability!

Harris is still behind Watson on our Board. But surely that is 1a and 1b situation.

I would hope that if Harris wanted to commit, that we would take it, no questions asked. Gus can do wonders with this kid's athletic ability!

I agree, honestly, I'd rather have Harris than Watson. Let someone else spend their time trying to get him to decommit from Clemson and commit to them, I'd rather us take Harris (better fit for our system anyway IMHO) and spend that time working on other recruits, specifically OL or DB.

Not true. They are both #1. Whoever commits to us first would get the spot.

I'm told that technically it is true. Thus the 1A/1B portion of my statement. It could be that DW is just listed #1 since we've been on him longer. I was told that like E said, if Harris were to become a solid commit we would slack on DW. But everyone can believe what they want, I'm telling you that DW loved his visit to AU and yes he is still headed to Clemson if he had to choose today. But he does not and he spent a bunch of time with Gus, Rhett and Craig. They got their message across. (And thats all I've got to say about that.) Not making any predictions, just passing along info that IMO, comes from reliable sources. In this case more than one.

I'm told that technically it is true. Thus the 1A/1B portion of my statement. It could be that DW is just listed #1 since we've been on him longer. I was told that like E said, if Harris were to become a solid commit we would slack on DW. But everyone can believe what they want, I'm telling you that DW loved his visit to AU and yes he is still headed to Clemson if he had to choose today. But he does not and he spent a bunch of time with Gus, Rhett and Craig. They got their message across. (And thats all I've got to say about that.) Not making any predictions, just passing along info that IMO, comes from reliable sources. In this case more than one.

Allbeit info that was basically already known.

I gave you credit. I was just sharing what was told to me by someone not associated with this forum or any other as a way of reassuring everyone that we will not be on the outside looking in next year at QB.

So :moon: to you!

:tease:

I gave you credit. I was just sharing what was told to me by someone not associated with this forum or any other as a way of reassuring everyone that we will not be on the outside looking in next year at QB.

So :moon: to you!

:tease:

;D

The :corndog: s are certainly confident about Harris. Sure hope CGM and CRL can sell him their offense. He looks like a great fit.

Archived