Something to change next year

vatz22au

The orange crappy tape has got to go. I see people roping off...LITERALLY a whole acre of land the night before, just so they dont have to wake up at 6:30 am like everyone else who tries to get a spot. Every morning on gamedays I wake up at 6:30 to find a tailgating spot, only to find tape EVERYWHERE...not only that, but people are being VERY VERY GREEDY about how much land they tape off. I went up everywhere, I found no one in the taped areas, yet I was not allowed to tailgate there? That to me is not fair....they wake up at 10:30, go to there taped areas, and basically could almost build a house there if they wanted.

No one owns that land except Auburn Univ. If you want a tailgating spot, try getting there at 6:30 a.m. like all the other fans, and get you a damn spot. Theres no need to tape off whole acres of land just so you can have about 5-10 buddies to party with.

I tried to find a spot last time....let me tell you something funny. The guy had a whole huge amount of land taped off...then to the left he had a hallway lookin area taped off for his friends parking, then he had the front and back of his rv taped off in more huge amounts of land. This guys land coverage was more than my back and front yards combined at home. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.

I dont care if people save spots the day of the game, its understandable....but dont tape off huge amounts of land. Not only that, but people are being very very greedy (very un-auburn like) with how much they tape off.

First of all, I agree that people should only mark off what they need. However, I disagree with teh "don't tape off until the game" remark. My butt and all of my friends are there as early as 9:00 the day before the game to make sure we have a spot for the next day. Sorry, but I'm there way earlier than you are, and if I feel like getting there at 8:00 the next morning then I will. That's the advantage of living here and being a student. I work out my schedule with the other 30-40 people that tailgate with me so there is someone there all day on Friday to save our spot. So, no, people should not just rope off on Saturday!!!!

More importantly, we have other things to worry about such as BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!

Ya I live here too....I just dont see why people just cant go out there, and save a spot with some seats or something...or hell just get there early, get a tailgate spot, and stay there. No need to tape off large amounts of land. Obviously you wake up early enough to get a spot, so just do that. It never used to be this bad.

One thing I noticed in Woodfield was a ridiculous waste of space. There was plenty of open space around our party that no one could use simply because they could not get to it. People often do not exercise good common sense when setting up RV's in an unorganized area, and when no one is there to direct them, this is what you get. NASCAR solved this same problem at their tracks by not only designating lots for RV's, but organizing them into individual spaces. This makes efficient use of available space, avoids confusion, and settles disputes. A prime example of this is the lot we were in at Talladega, although it was an actual camping space (gravel parking for the RV, gravel access roads, water hookups, large bathrooms with showers, and a hefty price tag). It is not necessary for AU to do anything that costly, they could get this done with chalk. However, if they decided to do it like Talladega, it would not only return the investment, but would pay for its maintenance, and even generate revenue. People gladly pay to camp everywhere else they take their RV's. With the RV's organized, regular vehicles would easily follow suit.

lost our tailgate spot this year to folks with orange tape.

what bothered me the most was the totally inconsiderate people who blocked us off in our parking space and those who parked in the middle of the street that the parking lot empties into.

a local civil servant walked up noticing our problem and said it would take hours to get a tow trucks in to clear them out.

good thing the sitter was able to stay three extra hours till we got home.

aside from that it was a totally AUsome day & game.

war eagle!!!

The university says that we are allowed to tape off our spots at 4 pm on Friday. That's what we do, and I think you are included in that as well, so why don't you just do that??

I also believe that if someone is not in their spot by (somewhere between) 8-9 am, it ought to be free game for everyone.

The university says that we are allowed to tape off our spots at 4 pm on Friday. That's what we do, and I think you are included in that as well, so why don't you just do that??

I also believe that if someone is not in their spot by (somewhere between) 8-9 am, it ought to be free game for everyone.

122188[/snapback]

Show me where it says that. As far as I am concerned, the rules state you are allowed to park your rvs and tailgate starting at 4 p.m. friday....It says nothing about letting you tape a damn cornfield off for your party of 3.

122188[/snapback]

Show me where it says that. As far as I am concerned, the rules state you are allowed to park your rvs and tailgate starting at 4 p.m. friday....It says nothing about letting you tape a damn cornfield off for your party of 3.

122243[/snapback]

Here ya go...

Reserving tailgating spots using stakes, ropes, ribbons, tape, chairs, tables, tents, vehicles or other items is not allowed until 4 p.m. on Friday, except for specially-permitted University events. Items found before then are subject to removal without notice or reimbursement

http://www.ocm.auburn.edu/gameday04/regulations.html

I'm assuming that since they say reserving tailgate spots using 'stakes, ropes, ribbons, tape, chairs, tables, tents' is not allowed before 4 pm on friday that it IS LEGAL to tape off an area after 4 pm.

sorry for the edit but just found another text addressing this issue in the Q&A

8. Can fans save their tailgate spots? Fans can save their tailgate spots, but only after 4 p.m. on the day before Game Day. Before that, stakes, ribbons, ropes, vehicles or other devices used to mark spots will be removed. No one is authorized to reserve parking spaces for themselves or others.

I do agree with you that the people who rope off huge areas that they do not use are being inconsiderate. But I see nothing wrong with tapeing off an area that you will use.

If you get up so early to tailgate, why don't you just get out there at 4 and tape off the area you want?

I agree with you Vatz. If the rules say that you can rope off an area that ought to mean only enough for your vehicle. I guarantee you that the people roping off all of the grassy areas on campus the day before the game and then getting there late are the same a**holes who would get pledges to save several rows of seats at games when they were students and show up late and still have the best seats.

I tailgate off of wire road and get a pretty big spot but thats because we have a lot of people. My roommate gets out there at about 9 on friday and then i get there at 10 30 or so cause he has class. we sit there all day until 4 when we can tape it off. for the UGA game we had almost 100 people at our tailgate. we floated 3 kegs and had 3 tents, about 12 cars, and not really any other room. people should be allowed to tape off enough space to fit a couple of cars, and then some open space for standing area or tents.

Archived