4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

Yup. AUC and AUR always seem to disagree on who contacted who first. I hope the staff sees what I see in BS and goes hard after him. I have rarely seen an OL do as good as he is doing in 1 on 1s at the UA All Star practice. There is a twitter vid of him stone walling our own Donty Russell who has had a good week so far.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see from the All-Star practice videos that Braden is strong as an ox but most of his game is brute strength. Once you put Grimes' detailed technique coaching with that and he learns how to combine leverage with all that strength, this kid could really be something special.

That might be an edge for the good guys if Smith understands he will get the best coaching from Grimes, CGM, et al. Gus is a whole lot more than a CEO coach. He's as knowledgeable as anyone about the finer points of every position on offense. It used to be that an offensive lineman needed 5 years to get to NFL. Now it can be done in 3 with the right coaching.

Yup. AUC and AUR always seem to disagree on who contacted who first. I hope the staff sees what I see in BS and goes hard after him. I have rarely seen an OL do as good as he is doing in 1 on 1s at the UA All Star practice. There is a twitter vid of him stone walling our own Donty Russell who has had a good week so far.

Just saw this vid on Twitter. Wow, this guy is awesome. Hard to believe he is in HS.

Hope we can land him.

Just saw this vid on Twitter. Wow, this guy is awesome. Hard to believe he is in HS.

Hope we can land him.

Where is that vid that you post of? Link?

Hope we can land him.

Where is that vid that you post of? Link?

https://t.co/GJQiNl3evM

Saw him commenting on the FSU-AU game...he picked AU and definitely knows who AU is.....which is something nice.... 'cause I bet 6 months ago he did not even know where AU is located.

Saw him commenting on the FSU-AU game...he picked AU and definitely knows who AU is.....which is something nice.... 'cause I bet 6 months ago he did not even know where AU is located.

It's in western georgia right?

It's in western georgia right?

Duh!! :ucrazy:

I don't know that Smith would have any bearing on Prestwood and certainly not Rudolph. Unless it is just one spot left and if it was that way I will take Smith over Prestwood IMO. That's just me. He seems to be a very good kid, smart as well. Oh yeah, and he is 6'-06" 290 and built like a brick sh(out)house!

FYI, if anyone was wondering what I, Dixie, looked like in real life; Imagine Braden Smith's body with Brad Pitt's face/hair...difference being that I may be slightly better looking in real life! ;)

So E, do you believe we would look at bringing in both Smith and Prestwood if given the chance? Especially if we miss out on Rudolph which seems very likely.

None of the 3 are related. Rudolph is a WR. Smith is a OG. We are recruiting Presty at tight end. I am not sure Presty is still a definite take since he was not an EE.

There's a premium article on 247 right now. Looks like it's going to be interesting.

Yup. Not much concretely in there that we don't already know.

“@jeremycrabtree: #UAAllAmerica OL Braden Smith has scheduled an official visit for #Auburn on Jan. 17, according to his family. He will no longer visit #ND.”

HUGE NEWS!!

"@jeremycrabtree: #UAAllAmerica OL Braden Smith has scheduled an official visit for #Auburn on Jan. 17, according to his family. He will no longer visit #ND."

HUGE NEWS!!

Hope the "will no longer visit ND" means something good for us as well as the 17 Jan OV.

This is big. I thought BSmith was a long shot until this. Aren't all the big guns coming on the 17th. Tre, Roc, White, Evans, etc, etc?

It's looking like an AU, TCU battle to me. Keeping my fingers crossed. If CJBG seals the deal he gets his recruiting wings.

"@jeremycrabtree: #UAAllAmerica OL Braden Smith has scheduled an official visit for #Auburn on Jan. 17, according to his family. He will no longer visit #ND."

HUGE NEWS!!

That is very HUGE! That is our big recruiting weekend and IMO it means we are squarely in the mix with TCU and TAMU.

This is big. I thought BSmith was a long shot until this. Aren't all the big guns coming on the 17th. Tre, Roc, White, Evans, etc, etc?

It's looking like an AU, TCU battle to me. Keeping my fingers crossed. If CJBG seals the deal he gets his recruiting wings.

Evans will not be there the 17th but it will not matter with him.

Archived