4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braden would be a great catch. Too bad Prosch does not have another year of eligibility left. I would love to see the two of them battle in the weight lifting category. They are 2 men with Popeye sized arms.

Four of last five #CrystalBall predictions for 4-star Braden Smith have come in for #Auburn

http://247sports.com...772/Predictions

@jcshurburtt

On uncommitted players this late in the game I tend to discount predictions before the season even started. If you do that with Braden it looks even better for the most recent trends.

predictions:11/24/13-1/21/14

7-TCU....(58.33%)

1-TAMU (08.33%)

4- AU.....(33.33%)

12 total..(100.00%)

Four of last five #CrystalBall predictions for 4-star Braden Smith have come in for #Auburn

@jcshurburtt

On uncommitted players this late in the game I tend to discount predictions before the season even started. If you do that with Braden it looks even better for the most recent trends.

7-TCU....(58.33%)

1-TAMU (08.33%)

4- AU.....(33.33%)

12 total..(100.00%)

I still wait for the team reporters. They have the best chance of getting it right given their access to info.Of them theTAMU 247 guy has TAMU. Keith Neibuhr who covers Auburn now has TCU. Austen Penny also covers Auburn for 247 has Auburn

@jcshurburtt

7-TCU....(58.33%)

1-TAMU (08.33%)

4- AU.....(33.33%)

12 total..(100.00%)

I still wait for the team reporters. They have the best chance of getting it right given their access to info.Of them theTAMU 247 guy has TAMU. Keith Neibuhr who covers Auburn now has TCU. Austen Penny also covers Auburn for 247 has Auburn

If you look close, Neibuhr's prediction was on 11/24/13... long before Smith was even being mentioned with Auburn. Wonder if he still has him going to TCU.

Any thoughts about Smith possibly playing d tackle?

Not from our staff. We have 3 committed in this class to this point.

how come everyone has him slotted as a guatd instead of a tackle?

That's what recruit sites project him as. We are recruiting him at tackle. NFL scout believe he can develop to any position on the OL in the NFL.

Braden would be a great catch. Too bad Prosch does not have another year of eligibility left. I would love to see the two of them battle in the weight lifting category. They are 2 men with Popeye sized arms.

I' would have liked to see them crush an opposing LB.

Both ways. He will never leave the field.

he will be both the deep snapper and punter at the same time.

So the barbecue conversation was OT, but not for the reasons we thought:

#ESPN300 OL Braden Smith said one biggest highlights of #Auburn trip: “They had some best fried chicken ever ate.”

@jeremycrabtree

Best fried chicken in Auburn? Go. /sarcasm

#ESPN300 OL Braden Smith said one biggest highlights of #Auburn trip: “They had some best fried chicken ever ate.”

@jeremycrabtree

They will go even if you don't want them to. And I can tell you from experience the fried chicken they make for the players is DAYUM good!!

@jeremycrabtree

They will go even if you don't want them to. And I can tell you from experience the fried chicken they make for the players is DAYUM good!!

To the first part of your response, you're right and my bad, lol. To the second part- you lucky dog, you.

Mr. Smith: come for the fried chicken, stay for the championships.

You have to love fried chicken! Best I have ever had, Curley's Fried Chicken in Atlanta. Closed their store last year but have bought a food truck which will be up and running this year. Curley's is crazy good, life changing chicken.

Both ways. He will never leave the field.

he will be both the deep snapper and punter at the same time.

Sorry guys, there will just never be another Wade Christopher...

The old Hopkins Boarding House in Pensacola had ridiculous fried chicken. Was family style sitting. Walk in and sit down with a couple of other groups of people and pass the food around the table like a family meal.

That's the way you get to know strangers! Small talk while your elbow deep into bottomless fried chicken platters!

The old Hopkins Boarding House in Pensacola had ridiculous fried chicken. Was family style sitting. Walk in and sit down with a couple of other groups of people and pass the food around the table like a family meal.

That's the way you get to know strangers! Small talk while your elbow deep into bottomless fried chicken platters!

YES! I worked down La Rua street from Hopkins and grazed there regularly.

Come on down Braden, Auburn needs the "Lizard King" (i.e. Jim "Lizard King" Morrison singing "I ate more chicken' any man ever seen"...and he was talking about poultry...right?)

Come on down Braden, Auburn needs the "Lizard King" (i.e. Jim "Lizard King" Morrison singing "I ate more chicken' any man ever seen"...and he was talking about poultry...right?)

Howlin' Wolf sang that song, about the time Morrison was wearing diapers!

You nasty dog, you!

Archived