Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody hearing anything about DJ Durkin and TRob announcement tomorrow?

Do tell.

Just a friend that has an account on 247. I was just checking to confirm.

And?

Says PM is saying Durkin and TRob coming tomorrow. Basically all he said. That's why I was checking to see if anyone has confirmed. It's not blowing up the internet yet so I'm leaning no one still knows anything.

I can't find where PM said that on 247.

We have got to be one of the most fickle fan bases in the country. One second it's "Muschamp or bust" and the next it's "I don't even want him".

This message board behavior is quite commonplace to many a fanbase.

And if Muschamp isn't hired, expect some mini-meltdowns (which are most entertaining). Blame it on cyberlife.

Phillip Marshall only knows what the janitor of the athletic complex tells him. His sources no longer exist

This!

I could never bring myself to pay someone for "inside" information. The title, "For your eyes only", says it all. I don't trust his sources.

I'm going to have to disagree with all this "sky is falling" if we don't get a proven guy. For a HC at Auburn, I agree wholeheartedly (but neither Chizik or Gus fit that criteria when they were hired). A guy like Barry Odom sure as heck can't make this situation worse. I agree Muschamp would have given us the immediate recruiting bump we needed to be a Top 4 contender next season, but I'm not so sure a guy like Odom couldn't instill fundamentals and systems just as effectively as a "proven guy." Personally, I would love to get some consistency on the defensive side of the ball, and as far as recruits go, Odom is a very respected recruiter in the state of Texas. He has been my first choice through this whole fiasco, and personally I prefer his aggressive scheme and philosophy on the 3-4

Phillip Marshall only knows what the janitor of the athletic complex tells him. His sources no longer exist

This!

I could never bring myself to pay someone for "inside" information. The title, "For your eyes only", says it all. I don't trust his sources.

I don't mind Phillip Marshall. He's a good writer and his reaction to BVG is internet gold. The fact of the matter is no one has inside information when it comes to CGM and his decisions. That man is tight lipped.

I'm going to have to disagree with all this "sky is falling" if we don't get a proven guy. For a HC at Auburn, I agree wholeheartedly (but neither Chizik or Gus fit that criteria when they were hired). A guy like Barry Odom sure as heck can't make this situation worse. I agree Muschamp would have given us the immediate recruiting bump we needed to be a Top 4 contender next season, but I'm not so sure a guy like Odom couldn't instill fundamentals and systems just as effectively as a "proven guy." Personally, I would love to get some consistency on the defensive side of the ball, and as far as recruits go, Odom is a very respected recruiter in the state of Texas. He has been my first choice through this whole fiasco, and personally I prefer his aggressive scheme and philosophy on the 3-4

I like the idea of a 3-4 but I don't think we have the bodies to run it effectively.

Its to the point now where i dont care who gets hired. I need someone to take the job though

Just accept it, he has got even with with Jacobs

if his entire goal all along has to been to get back at Jacobs & Jackson for reportedly screwing him over in the past. then its probably best both sides move along I understand him being sore. but doing something like that at our expense is kind of childish and selfish IMO

Just accept it, he has got even with with Jacobs

if his entire goal all along has to been to get back at Jacobs & Jackson for reportedly screwing him over in the past. then its probably best both sides move along I understand him being sore. but doing something like that at our expense is kind of childish and selfish IMO

I don't buy that. I believe he really has not decided what to do. That being said, we can't wait on him forever.

Look guys. I'm just as disappointed as you guys about us not getting any info tonight, but we don't know if we got Muschamp or not. Let's try to hold off on the doom and gloom until we know.

C'mon man, that isn't what is happening. It is the post season, which means that head coaching jobs are opening as coaches leave and/ore are being fired. He is "waiting" because he wants to see if there is some HC job opening that may want to hire him.

Am I wrong but didn't the man just get the contract this afternoon? Give the man a break to read the damn thing. Lawyers got to talk to lawyers, agents to agents and family meetings. Lets give the man some time. I am sure Gus knows what is he is doing and what timetable he needs an answer.

I doubt there is any conspiracy going on and aliens have not landed at Jordan-Hare. I would imagine he will want to here all of his offers like anyone would and will do what is best for him and his family. The question is how long do we wait for a yes or no. Also, I would guess Gus thinks he still has a shot if he has not moved on. However, as tight liped as this has been he may already have moved on and we would not know.

War Blogle is upset with us :(

And what do we care? His information has been just as bad as anyone else.

Guest jojo1515

War Blogle is upset with us :(/>

More like a lot of folks are upset with his misleading tweets.....not myself because I know how fickle insider sources are....but Lot of folks put a lot of stock into his tweets that turned out to either be intentionally misleading (as in for fun) or just misinformed. I would guess some idiots are making dumb comments in his direction because they feel they've been taken as fools, when in fact anyone that gets worked up over a dc hire has been taken a fool anyways...myself included ;D

I mean, we've been looking for Boom, why not Barry OdOM.

:jossun:

Seriously though, does anyone have any clue why Durkin and Trob are rumored to be coming down tomorrow? Can't get the bride, settle for the sister? Or was Durkin interviewed previously in the process?

I mean, we've been looking for Boom, why not Barry OdOM.

:jossun:

Seriously though, does anyone have any clue why Durkin and Trob are rumored to be coming down tomorrow? Can't get the bride, settle for the sister? Or was Durkin interviewed previously in the process?

Where did that come from? Is it another "inside source", or is it credible information?

Archived