While we are discussing evil, let us not forget the home grown version....

homersapien

This comparison is VERY much like barry comparing the crusades to ISIS. STUPID. He defends Islam at every opportunity and slams Christianity whenever possible. Makes one wonder...

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

I agree with everything but the red part. You'll have to explain that.

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

Gee, I must have overlooked some posts. I don't recall anyone saying you did.

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:

We just need to be patient.....

I don't follow.

Reading your posts, Homer's point is flying right over your head, though.

Once again we have another comment insinuating about someone's ability to comprehend. Let that fly over your head.

:glare:

Defensive, aren't we? You are missing the point.

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. ( Tag. Your it!) :-)

:rolleyes:

Far be it from me to cure you of your persecution complex.

Obama talked about the Crusades. Maybe he should talk about the Mongols.

http://www.washingto...ut-the-mongols/

It's sad when it gets to the point that people are profoundly offended by a president making perfectly accurate observations of history.

This forum is a perfect example. Just look at how so many posters (you know who you are) react. Their xenophobia requires them to assign nefarious motivations - "attacking Christianity".

They are so busy fighting back they haven't bothered to contemplate the greater issues it presents. But then, they don't want to go there. Better to remain comfortable in your myth.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

:rolleyes:/>

Far be it for me to give a damn about anything you say. :)

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

You can call a dog a cat. Even you should know it is still a K9. Far be it from me to interfere with your misconceptions...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Far be it for me to give a damn about anything you say. :)

Angry, huh?

You weren't even being addressed there.

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:/>

I don't follow.

Once again we have another comment insinuating about someone's ability to comprehend. Let that fly over your head.

:glare:/>

Not defensive.....just pointing out the typical liberal. I'm not missing anything. Clear as crystal.

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

You can call a dog a cat. Even you should know it is still a K9. Far be it from me to interfere with your misconceptions...

Alright, Mr. Non-sequitur. :laugh:

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Far be it for me to give a damn about anything you say. :)/>

Angry, huh?

I'm smiling the entire way. You aren't worth my anger. Bro.....

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

How in hell did you arrive at such a conclusion?? :blink::dunno:

You must have a very active imagination.

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:/>

I don't follow.

Not defensive.....just pointing out the typical liberal. I'm not missing anything. Clear as crystal.

ONCE AGAIN

His point

Your head

Clear enough?

(Stop modding my posts. If you're going to do it, at least do it even handedly)

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Angry, huh?

Mmmk. : rolleyes:

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Angry, huh?

Now you are on the right track.

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

How dare that black man ride on AF 1 and go on vacation! >:(

But again, wrong thread.

Hey, someone has to serve the drinks.

But once again, you totally missed the part where I said he's PRESIDENT. It means he should ACT like it, do his damn job, instead of just enjoying the benefits.

That's a cute comeback. You know just how much racial prejudice you can dial into a post without getting kicked off.

But I'm glad to hear that using AF 1 and going on vacations isn't presidential. (This is where I might normally plug in some comparisons of Obama to previous POTUS's - including everyone's favorite, Eisenhower - but really, can't you just draw on your memory for once? It's been covered soooooooo many times on this forum.) Thanks, ;)

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

How in hell did you arrive at such a conclusion?? :blink:/> :dunno:/>

You must have a very active imagination.

Maybe so.

I don't follow.

ONCE AGAIN

His point

Your head

Clear enough?

I can't mod your post....unless you are talking to someone else. Clear enough. :)

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

How dare that black man ride on AF 1 and go on vacation! >:(/>

But again, wrong thread.

Hey, someone has to serve the drinks.

But once again, you totally missed the part where I said he's PRESIDENT. It means he should ACT like it, do his damn job, instead of just enjoying the benefits.

That's a cute comeback. You know just how much racism you can dial into a post without getting kicked off.

But I'm glad to hear that using AF 1 and going on vacations isn't presidential. (This is where I might normally plug in some comparisons of Obama to previous POTUS's - including Eisenhower, on of the local favorites, but really, can't you just draw on your memory for once? It's been covered soooooooo many times on this forum.)

Throwing Racism claims with no merit really distracts from Real racism.

I don't follow.

ONCE AGAIN

His point

Your head

Clear enough?

I can't mod your post....unless you are talking to someone else. Clear enough. :)

I'm not addressing you with the parenthetical.

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Angry, huh?

Mmmk. : rolleyes:

Mmmmmk. :)

*SNIP*

Look, I get it. You're still bitter about the whole Rand Paul thing.

Would you be so kind as to put me on ignore if you just want to pick fights with me? Your immaturity is getting old.

*SNIP*

Mmmmmk. :)/>

Would you be so kind as to put me on ignore if you just want to pick fights with me? Your immaturity is getting old.

You do know that you can do the same...right? :-)

Well. At least the morons in charge have FINALLY admitted what we all knew about Ft Hood. Those that have suffered so mightily from "work place violence " (idiocy) will now recieve their Purple Hearts for that TERRORISTS act.

Thanks Tim. We can always count on you for a cogent statement that gets to the heart of the matter.

You do not see any value in understanding our own history and, using that knowledge as a means of better understanding the behavior of other people? Is history nothing but record keeping? I believe you have misread the reasons as to why this parallel is being drawn. It is not political, or critical, or some sort of justification. It is about understanding. Think about what really caused the KKK to decline.

That's an excellent way of putting it ICHY.

*SNIP*

You do know that you can do the same...right? :-)

There's only one person on this forum I would put on ignore, and it's not possible for me to do so.

Archived