While we are discussing evil, let us not forget the home grown version....

homersapien

Obama talked about the Crusades. Maybe he should talk about the Mongols.

http://www.washingto...ut-the-mongols/

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)/>

Your wrong numnuts Vikings couldn't ride a horse if they had to. And how did it end with the Vikings invading England not very well I believe.

"numnuts"???

I'll have you to know that my nuts are just fine, thank you. Now my prostate on the other hand...... :no:/>

That sux. Not the c word I hope....

No, BPH. You probably have it also, or will eventually.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. ( Tag. Your it!) :-)

:rolleyes:/>

Far be it from me to cure you of your persecution complex.

You can call a dog a cat. Even you should know it is still a K9. Far be it from me to interfere with your misconceptions...

Alright, Mr. Non-sequitur. :laugh:/>

He's a random thought generator. Give him infinity and he'd generate Shakespeare. ;D/>

That would make you an incapable of thought generator...right? (Again...no charge. Glad to help)

Another non sequitur? :dunno:

You must be running a special on those tonight.

*SNIP*

Mmmmmk. :)

Look, I get it. You're still bitter about the whole Rand Paul thing.

Would you be so kind as to put me on ignore if you just want to pick fights with me? Your immaturity is getting old.

Number one I'm not bitter at all. You guys are the ones who try and make this stuff personal by questioning people's cognitive skill and overall understanding of a topic. I've been around people like you my entire life. Not bitter at all. Immaturity is a widespread trait that even the smartest people utilize....just like you did with that last sentence.

Are we even reading the same thread? I make a joke about "Lord of the Flies," then point out that you've missed Homer's point and you're on me like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Saying that you've missed a point is not an insult. If I'm told I've missed a point, I ask for an explanation. I don't take it as an insult and go off the wall with misguided indignation.

(Once again, I don't mind these mindless little distractions being moderated, but do it even handedly, please.)

Especially if I am the one making it. I can be a little cryptic - if not obscure - in my references and metaphors.

This thread has been fascinating, even if in a somewhat disturbing way. It's been a Rorschach test.

It's funny how everyone has been so busy explaining what I meant by it that no one bothered to ask me. Sign of the times I suppose.

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)/>

Your wrong numnuts Vikings couldn't ride a horse if they had to. And how did it end with the Vikings invading England not very well I believe.

"numnuts"???

I'll have you to know that my nuts are just fine, thank you. Now my prostate on the other hand...... :no:/>

No, BPN. You probably have it also, or will eventually.

I do understand and can relate. As Aunt Bee was told by her DR,,,"well we are not spring chickens anymore"...At that point, Aunt Bee wanted to kick some butt....hang in there homey.

The myth is that Isis isn't Islamic

Like the myth that the KKK wasn't Christian?

The kkk was not a Christian organization.

Exactly. That is the point. Putting on a cross and calling yourselves a Christian organization, even getting some support of radical pastors, doesn't make you Christian. Isn't it possible to apply the same logic to Islam and ISIS?

Exactly. That is the point. Putting on a cross and calling yourselves a Christian organization, even getting some support of radical pastors, doesn't make you Christian. Isn't it possible to apply the same logic to Islam and ISIS?

Sure. It is RADICAL Islam that I want wiped off the Earth. There is no negotiating and their stated purpose for living is to kill ALL non believers. We seem to agree

"numnuts"???

I do understand and can relate. As Aunt Bee was told by her DR,,,"well we are not spring chickens anymore"...At that point, Aunt Bee wanted to kick some butt....hang in there homey.

BTW, I meant BPH - benign prostatic hyperplasia.

"numnuts"???

BTW, I meant BPH - benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Understood. I wish you well.

So basically, no matter WHAT ISIS, al qaeda, boko harem, or any Muslim militants do, the Left will ALWAYS reply with...

" Oh yeah? Well, Christianity has done as bad or worse... ", there by giving Militant Islam a pass.

Funny thing is though , the Left NEVER give credit for the good that Christianity has done, like getting slavery here in USA abolished, or their role in getting the Civil Rights Act passed... no. It's always BAD Christians, BAD ! Mission work in war torn, under developed countries ? Bah... just ignore those things. 500 years ago, the Conquistadors , waving the sign of the Cross, came and brutalized the nice, peace loving , in tune w/ nature native Indians. Of course, some of those in central and s. America were digging out beating hearts from living people, with jagged stone knives, to sacrifice to their gods, but hey, at least they weren't TORTURING anyone, like Christians did !

Sure. It is RADICAL Islam that I want wiped off the Earth. There is no negotiating and their stated purpose for living is to kill ALL non believers. We seem to agree

Will that work? Can you actually destroy them by that method? How was the KKK defeated? By superior force? Or, did a few forward thinking members of the clergy and some politicians turn public opinion against them?

I think our strategy has to incorporate the idea that, we can not defeat radical Islam. Mainstream Muslims have to settle their own sectarian problems and, defeat radical Islam. Years of coercion, manipulation, and force have not worked.

There are fundamental problems in the Arab world that only Arabs can solve. We can prevent acts of terrorism but, we have to have the Arab/Muslim world defeat radical Islam.

So basically, no matter WHAT ISIS, al qaeda, boko harem, or any Muslim militants do, the Left will ALWAYS reply with...

" Oh yeah? Well, Christianity has done as bad or worse... ", there by giving Militant Islam a pass.

Funny thing is though , the Left NEVER give credit for the good that Christianity has done, like getting slavery here in USA abolished, or their role in getting the Civil Rights Act passed... no. It's always BAD Christians, BAD ! Mission work in war torn, under developed countries ? Bah... just ignore those things. 500 years ago, the Conquistadors , waving the sign of the Cross, came and brutalized the nice, peace loving , in tune w/ nature native Indians. Of course, some of those in central and s. America were digging out beating hearts from living people, with jagged stone knives, to sacrifice to their gods, but hey, at least they weren't TORTURING anyone, like Christians did !

This is all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over your head. Not because you are ignorant but because, you are unable to view the situation in any other manner than through the lens of partisan politics and the associated rhetoric.

Will that work? Can you actually destroy them by that method? How was the KKK defeated? By superior force? Or, did a few forward thinking members of the clergy and some politicians turn public opinion against them?

I think our strategy has to incorporate the idea that, we can not defeat radical Islam. Mainstream Muslims have to settle their own sectarian problems and, defeat radical Islam. Years of coercion, manipulation, and force have not worked.

There are fundamental problems in the Arab world that only Arabs can solve. We can prevent acts of terrorism but, we have to have the Arab/Muslim world defeat radical Islam.

i disagree with the kkk comparison. But, you are 100% right that there are Arab problems in the mix that they must solve. To get to my point...I had rather confront the enemy there now than here later. After all, our borders are more wide open than the REC's checkbook on national signing day! I think we agree more than not.

This is all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over your head. Not because you are ignorant but because, you are unable to view the situation in any other manner than through the lens of partisan politics and the associated rhetoric.

None of it is over my head. Not in the least. I just refuse to get duped into pretending this is some dispassionate classroom round table discussion, and instead deal w/ the realities of the world, right now.

If only we had a Time Tunnel™, Quantum Leap Accelerator, or a T.A.R.D.I.S , and could travel back in time to right the wrongs of humanity. But dang it all to hell, we don't.

So I guess I'll focus on what IS happening, in OUR time. Where actual people are being brutalized, in real time, and on video.

None of it is over my head. Not in the least. I just refuse to get duped into pretending this is some dispassionate classroom round table discussion, and instead deal w/ the realities of the world, right now.

If only we had a Time Tunnel™, Quantum Leap Accelerator, or a T.A.R.D.I.S , and could travel back in time to right the wrongs of humanity. But dang it all to hell, we don't.

So I guess I'll focus on what IS happening, in OUR time. Where actual people are being brutalized, in real time, and on video.

I have no idea what the "time tunnel" BS is suppose to be about.

You do realize that we just devoted over a decade to your method with zero success. In fact, the opposite of success. Yes, I know you believe that is Obama's fault. However, an objective view says otherwise. Is being "dispassionate" really accurate? Sounds more like rhetoric to me. Is being more strategic and less passionate a bad thing?

eDdtcTRyMTI=_o_the-time-tunnel-secret-weapon.jpg

Man, you must not be up on your bad late 60's Sci-Fi

:lol:

And it's not MY method. I wasn't consulted.

And from where is this " objective " view coming ? Know any aliens who are visiting the Earth ?

You are so right, Carl. :thumbsup:

Also correct. Sadly.

" Dude, Benghazi was a long time ago. But let's have a national discussion about The Crusades. " - @hale_razor

Sums it up perfectly. Don't bother this administration about nonsense from a few months ago ( then ),or years ago ( now ) , but lets do a direct side by side analogy of today's Islamic atrocities vs stuff that happened 100's of years ago !!

" Dude, Benghazi was a long time ago. But let's have a national discussion about The Crusades. " - @hale_razor

Sums it up perfectly. Don't bother this administration about nonsense from a few months ago ( then ),or years ago ( now ) , but lets do a direct side by side analogy of today's Islamic atrocities vs stuff that happened 100's of years ago !!

Yeah, "sums it up perfectly' - at least for the mentally deranged.

Looks like you are trying to horn in on Tim's non sequitur distributorship.

See, in order for one to GET this , it requires comprehending the comments made, and the context in which they were said.

Obama's spokes-kid at the time, Jay Carney, tried to dismiss any talk of Benghazi as being relevant, as it had taken place " long ago " .

At the time he said it, it was less than 8 months since the 9-11-12 attack.

It's anything BUT a non-sequitur.

See, in order for one to GET this , it requires comprehending the comments made, and the context in which they were said.

Obama's spokes-kid at the time, Jay Carney, tried to dismiss any talk of Benghazi as being relevant, as it had taken place " long ago " .

At the time he said it, it was less than 8 months since the 9-11-12 attack.

It's anything BUT a non-sequitur.

That's the sort of deranged association that can only come from the mind of a paranoid political fanatic. It's pure talk radio logic.

Archived